What's new

Post your desktop

Post your Desktop!

I don't have a recycle bin anymore. Its a way to track user information for microsoft.

Post your Desktop!

Then how do you get rid of the trash on your computer. E-mails etc.?

Post your Desktop!

I delete it goes into MSN hot mail trash can. Then I go to trash and empty it. A message comes up saying "we empty it every day do you want to delete it?" I push "yes, you ****ing idiot, why do you think I pushed the Gd button" and it deletes it.

Post your Desktop!

Nightshade200 said:
I don't have a recycle bin anymore. Its a way to track user information for microsoft.

Doesn't that mean you have to hack windows to do that? Also how do you know Microsoft is tracking you and why would they do it?

Post your Desktop!

There is spyware in almost everything, Chris. They use it for marketing reasons.

Post your Desktop!

Chrisl0 said:

Doesn't that mean you have to hack windows to do that? Also how do you know Microsoft is tracking you and why would they do it?
They do it to find out what you don't like. Well yeah you would have to hack windows. Everything that sucks about windows is not on my computer.

Post your Desktop!

ANGLOIRISH said:
There is spyware in almost everything, Chris. They use it for marketing reasons.

Yea I didn't think Microsoft would actually do it though.

Post your Desktop!

Nightshade200 said:
They do it to find out what you don't like. Well yeah you would have to hack windows. Everything that sucks about windows is not on my computer.

Sounds cool, you should like sell copies of it you might make a killing. Then Gates will come by and kick your ****.

Show us your desktop!

Well, new desktop from me! :nod:

Attachments

• bsdshot1.jpg
    bsdshot1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 15
Show us your desktop!

Here's my new one, getting more out of KDE: :)
(BTW, that's FreeBSD, not Linux!!)

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 13
Show us your desktop!

Changed mine recently:

ss.jpg

:cool:

Show us your desktop!

Here is my current one. :D Big kid at heart.

Attachments

• desktop.JPG
    desktop.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 12
Show us your desktop!

I moved on to Debian Linux (see attachment).

The desktop doesn't look like much, but works great! :nod:

Attachments

• debshot.jpg
    debshot.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 19
Show us your desktop!

And yet another move -- to Ubuntu Linux 6.10. :)

I hope this one will stay around for a while! (NVIDIA 3D-accelerated driver installation was a bit messy, but I hope it didn't damage anything! At least I almost followed the official way! ;) )

It was by far the easiest Linux to install that I've ever seen (installed from the Ubuntu CD, which is also a live CD, i.e. it boots into the desktop before letting you install it -- good decision, this way you know if your hardware has been detected), and also seems to be the easiest to use! :)

I do have hope that Linux can make happy! ;)

Attachments

• ubuntuscreen.jpg
    ubuntuscreen.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 16
Show us your desktop!

I hope this one will stay around for a while! (NVIDIA 3D-accelerated driver installation was a bit messy, but I hope it didn't damage anything! At least I almost followed the official way! ;) )

You should look into the EasyUbuntu or Automatix scripts for getting some of the necessary things (3D drivers, MP3/Video codecs, etc) setup easily in Ubuntu.

Show us your desktop!

You should look into the EasyUbuntu or Automatix scripts for getting some of the necessary things (3D drivers, MP3/Video codecs, etc) setup easily in Ubuntu.

Thanks! :)

How do I get the mouse wheel working? I tried everything I found on the web, including Ubuntu's small wiki article, but no dice!! I guess the X version is 7.1, and something must be different. It recognizes only 3 buttons, no matter what I configure, the mouse wheel is dead as a mouse. I ran "xev" to output the generated X events, but no dice there, either. The wheel doesn't exist. Any ideas?

Show us your desktop!

Thanks! :)

How do I get the mouse wheel working? I tried everything I found on the web, including Ubuntu's small wiki article, but no dice!! I guess the X version is 7.1, and something must be different. It recognizes only 3 buttons, no matter what I configure, the mouse wheel is dead as a mouse. I ran "xev" to output the generated X events, but no dice there, either. The wheel doesn't exist. Any ideas?

Man, it's been so long I honestly don't remember. I think I ended up just setting ZAxisMapping to "6 7" in xorg.conf... but I don't remember if I had to do anything else, and I'm not at home to check it. Try searching Ubuntu Forums, since you can find an answer to just about anything over there.

Show us your desktop!

Man, it's been so long I honestly don't remember. I think I ended up just setting ZAxisMapping to "6 7" in xorg.conf... but I don't remember if I had to do anything else, and I'm not at home to check it. Try searching Ubuntu Forums, since you can find an answer to just about anything over there.

Thanks!

It works now, all of a sudden. I had that same configuration since yesterday (the last time I tried to set it), and I just rebooted the computer, went into the setup and exited it without saving, and now I noticed that the wheel works.

I had some weird effects with my mainboard or graphics adapter or screen (the screen blurred to white) for a couple of days now, so perhaps some components are on the road to failure.

I just checked the board temperature and it says 39 degrees Celcius (102 degrees Fahrenheit), and that seems okay to me, I don't know. Perhaps I should clean that ****er out again so more air gets to the stuff.

Back