What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Ok seriously why do I even try. Meeting was an epic failure. Then as I am trying to just push past all this I got a call from a client. Who proceeds to call me by the 1 name I can not deal with today (the name of the women DH is having the affair with). I was very polite on the phone but about ran my boss over on my way to the bathroom in tears.

I know the saying God does not give you more than you can deal with - but please just 1 little break!

:huggy: :huggy:

i have a question for all you wisconsin people.....................my hubby got hit by a deer last night in his "baby" of a car. we have never, ever claimed anything on our insurance in our 28 years of marriage. the question first and foremost is........a few of his workmates said that there is no deductible on a deer hit in wisconsin. they consider it an act of God? does anyone know the law and if this is true. as fortune would have it, i just upped my 250 deductible to 500 and am paying astronomically for insurance. it keeps going up every year, grrrrr. i would appreciate ALL helpful info on getting the most for my money in this regard. i really do not know the ins and outs of insurance claims. thanking you in advance :)

linkin just give your insurance agent a call and ask.

i did, they are the last people i trust,lol. he has yet to invite me over to his mansion to swim in his pool i am sure i paid for. they just jacked me up big time with a bunch of uneeded insurance. i have no idea what i need and i went hook line and sinker for all his gobbly goop. insurance is not my strong suit.

$200 less than the quote for DS wisdom teeth removal ...:cartwheel::cartwheel:

did anyone witness the beautiful moon dog last night amidst the star gleaming skies?

I'm so sorry, missy. I hope it gets better for you, I really do. :huggy:

linkin, where is the car now? I think you heard right about WI. If the car is in IL, I'd seriously say DH hit a deer here. That's just complete BS that it's an 'act of god.' So if you hit a squirrel & swerve off the road & into a tree, that's covered, but a deer is not? Are there more deer than squirrels? WTF? Like you, we NEVER have claims. I'd be damned if allllll of the thousands of dollars we've spent on car insurance over the years = not being covered because I hit an animal in the wrong state.

autumn, that is MESSED UP! Why on earth was it so much?! We're going to try America's Best for their $69/two pair/eye exam deal. DD13 wants new glasses, but she got contacts recently & won't 'qualify' through our insurance until next summer. I hate our vision plan. If DD doesn't like the $69 glasses, she can get new lenses in her freaking coach frames she 'had to have' two years ago. Even with those we went to a million eye doctors until she found a pair she liked, ordered them online for 1/3 of the price in store & had our eye dr put lenses in them. Maybe next time that could be an option for you?

Ok seriously why do I even try. Meeting was an epic failure. Then as I am trying to just push past all this I got a call from a client. Who proceeds to call me by the 1 name I can not deal with today (the name of the women DH is having the affair with). I was very polite on the phone but about ran my boss over on my way to the bathroom in tears.

I know the saying God does not give you more than you can deal with - but please just 1 little break!

I'm sorry Missy, that sucks! :grouphug::flowers:

the car is in wisconsin, we live in wisconsin and he was hit in wisconsin. there were 3 deer, he stopped to avoid #1 &#2 and #3 smashed right into him while he was stopped. he was driving our nicest/newest car, of course. i am so bummed, i was hoping to put this money toward some type of vacation for the kiddies.

Oh, and right now I am thinking the following things:

Why did Jewel stop the $5/$25? Are they lowering their prices 20 percent? :lol: Since I have about 300 game pieces & no iPad yet, and there aren't really any RR deals to use at jewel, I think I am going to scope out Ultra/F4L/Aldi & go back to shopping at Aldi more.

That being said, I do not want to pay for food. :gah:

I am so tired. BFF turned 40 this week & I was up until 5am working on her presents Monday night. I still haven't recovered. :surrender:

DD17 is getting her nose pierced today. (I personally think nose piercings are cute on teenagers. :giggles:) It's been her dream since she was a freshmen, but our condition was 'be on the honor roll & you can do it.' Well it took her long enough, but she did it, so I am taking her today- 1 month before her 18th birthday when she can just go do it herself. :snort:

DD13 wants a tattoo. WTF? She very rationally presented her plea/request to me last night in the car: Mom, don't freak out. I want a butterfly tattoo. I want it in memory of Chloe (our friend's 7yo dd who died a couple years ago) so I have something to show that she was important to me.

:faint: While the sentiment is there, and I get it, there is NO WAY- NO WAY!!!!- I can allow this. :lol: So why do I feel like an **** saying 'no' to a request for her to immortalize a dear, sweet baby who died?

who is your vision plan? we have vsd. i hear sears is good if no ins too

Oh, and right now I am thinking the following things:

Why did Jewel stop the $5/$25? Are they lowering their prices 20 percent? :lol: Since I have about 300 game pieces & no iPad yet, and there aren't really any RR deals to use at jewel, I think I am going to scope out Ultra/F4L/Aldi & go back to shopping at Aldi more.

That being said, I do not want to pay for food. :gah:

I am so tired. BFF turned 40 this week & I was up until 5am working on her presents Monday night. I still haven't recovered. :surrender:

DD17 is getting her nose pierced today. (I personally think nose piercings are cute on teenagers. :giggles:) It's been her dream since she was a freshmen, but our condition was 'be on the honor roll & you can do it.' Well it took her long enough, but she did it, so I am taking her today- 1 month before her 18th birthday when she can just go do it herself. :snort:

DD13 wants a tattoo. WTF? She very rationally presented her plea/request to me last night in the car: Mom, don't freak out. I want a butterfly tattoo. I want it in memory of Chloe (our friend's 7yo dd who died a couple years ago) so I have something to show that she was important to me.

:faint: While the sentiment is there, and I get it, there is NO WAY- NO WAY!!!!- I can allow this. :lol: So why do I feel like an **** saying 'no' to a request for her to immortalize a dear, sweet baby who died?

Jewel sucks!! I haven't done any deals in there for a long time. I got (gasp) groceries at Walmart on Monday. I HATE Walmart, too but at least it's cheaper.

I think small little nose rings are cute, too.(not on everyone though)

For the 13-yo...do you think maybe she just really wants a butterfly tattoo and knows you aren't going to let her get one so she's throwing the sentimental thing in there so you are easier to persuade? Don't feel guilty. She can wait until she's 18 to get a tattoo!!

Dragonfly, is she still growing? If so I might try the argument you are still growing and it might stretch and look weird if you grow any more. IDK, I've never had a tattoo but it might be enough for her to drop the issue! Good luck!

That it may be time to leap back into political campaigning, looking like a red hot race is about to start for my new Congressperson. :dance:

I am truly going to miss Barney, he was terrific for the district & the state.

Was concerned about the candidates who have stepped forward, wasn't excited about any of them. But today, the tides have changed. This could be FUN! A man with a brain, a heart, and a history. Stanford, Harvard & the Peace Corps. Awesome.

joek__1325778542_7903.jpg

And he's a ginger! LOL

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrod...y-committee/tFAemLmqix0uZ61FajdjfM/index.html

autumn, that is MESSED UP! Why on earth was it so much?! We're going to try America's Best for their $69/two pair/eye exam deal. DD13 wants new glasses, but she got contacts recently & won't 'qualify' through our insurance until next summer. I hate our vision plan. If DD doesn't like the $69 glasses, she can get new lenses in her freaking coach frames she 'had to have' two years ago. Even with those we went to a million eye doctors until she found a pair she liked, ordered them online for 1/3 of the price in store & had our eye dr put lenses in them. Maybe next time that could be an option for you?

We've gone to America's Best the last 2 times dh needed glasses. He's been happy with what he's picked there. He's lost and broken too many pairs to spend a lot on them.

That it may be time to leap back into political campaigning, looking like a red hot race is about to start for my new Congressperson. :dance:

I am truly going to miss Barney, he was terrific for the district & the state.

Was concerned about the candidates who have stepped forward, wasn't excited about any of them. But today, the tides have changed. This could be FUN! A man with a brain, a heart, and a history. Stanford, Harvard & the Peace Corps. Awesome.

joek__1325778542_7903.jpg

And he's a ginger! LOL

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrod...y-committee/tFAemLmqix0uZ61FajdjfM/index.html

I saw that today. Was wondering who was going to step up and try to fill Barney's shoes. I am interested in hearing what his views are. Boy, a Kennedy and Elizabeth Warren. Looks like MA is going to have an interesting election season.

linkin for the deer claim contact the WI department of Insurance at 800-236-8517 they can answer that question.

I know in Illinois your comprehensive deductible would apply but it is a non chargable accident meaning your rates would not see an increase. If you don't trust your agent you might try calling the corporate office (number should be on the back side of your insurance card).

Oh missy I am so sorry!! This is the 1st I heard of this (I must have missed some posts). I can't believe you have this to deal with after what he put you thru a few months ago....or is this why he did that a couple months ago??? Big hugs to you!!!

Back