What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

I'm thinking these boys are driving me crazy today............up to 5 here so far. :gah:

I'm thinking ....
...It's only going to get hotter! Didn't we "just" have 2 feet of snow?:dunce:

I'm thinking ....
...It's only going to get hotter! Didn't we "just" have 2 feet of snow?:dunce:

Word. I was just outside watching the kids in the pool............got too hot, came in and puked. I can't take this heat! :surrender:

I am thinking I can never plan anything. too many people wanting to do different things that I sit around waiting to do something and then no one does anything and I never get ANYTHING done.

Word. I was just outside watching the kids in the pool............got too hot, came in a puked. I can't take this heat! :surrender:

:lol:Heat, Chocolate, and Alcohol don't mix!:lol::giggles:

:lol:Heat, Chocolate, and Alcohol don't mix!:lol::giggles:

I havn't eaten anything yet. ;) DS9 just came in with a stomachache and got the shiznitz. I made all the kids come in. :pout:

It is too hot to do anything, but it'll be worse tomorrow.

Thinking I must have been insane to buy a house with those 'modern 1960s/70s' casement windows that no cheap window AC fits, that doesn't have central air, no way to install central air and why won't new thru the wall ACs fit the same space as the old thru the wall ACs that died? :ranting:

It is too hot to do anything, but it'll be worse tomorrow.

Thinking I must have been insane to buy a house with those 'modern 1960s/70s' casement windows that no cheap window AC fits, that doesn't have central air, no way to install central air and why won't new thru the wall ACs fit the same space as the old thru the wall ACs that died? :ranting:

Check into a portable AC unit. They seems to fit strange shaped places.

Thinking that it is cosmically unfair yet predictable that I said he could take my van today because his car is immobile in the drive as of Friday with some transmission issue when he gets to the end of the driveway, stops, gets out and yells...has your "service engine" light been on before today??!!

:faint:

You can't be serious...we can't function with 1 car. If we were down to 0 it would be all over :surrender:

I'm amazed that my stubborn 3 year has had only one minor accident since I put him in underwear yesterday. Now what do I do about daycare tomorrow? I can't just send him in underwear because I doubt he'd go on his own but he definitely wouldn't go to the bathroom if I sent him in pull-ups. Hhmmm...

Check into a portable AC unit. They seems to fit strange shaped places.
I have a portable, but it isn't the same as a window unit. It's much less energy efficient & noisy as heck. So only run it when I'm truly desperate. Plus it is too small to cool anything but the bedroom. The open floor plan of a large living room-dining room-kitchen is another flaw in energy efficient heating /cooling. My old place with small but separate lr/dr/k rooms with closeable doors was much more energy smart, only needed to heat or cool what small space you were using.

Pack a secret bag to send to daycare with a couple changes of clothes & underwear & some emergency pull ups. Don't let him know about the back up plan, tell him he must go to the potty when he has to go so he doesn't have an accident.

Then tell the day care what is going on, they'll likely be happy to keep checking with him if he needs to go. Tell them if he has one accident, you'd like him to change and try again. If he has 2 then they can resort to the pull ups. That's what we did with DS. They were more than happy to participate in helping him get trained. And he was soooo stubborn about it too! Good luck!!

I'm amazed that my stubborn 3 year has had only one minor accident since I put him in underwear yesterday. Now what do I do about daycare tomorrow? I can't just send him in underwear because I doubt he'd go on his own but he definitely wouldn't go to the bathroom if I sent him in pull-ups. Hhmmm...

Just got home from camping with the scouts and I am thinking just how many more trips I will need to go on before I never, ever have to go again.

Having the same issues here. My stubborn almost 3.5yo dd has been using the potty for 2 days now. But will only go if she is naked. If she wear pants/underwear she pees in them. So basically she can't leave the house til she figures out how to pee in the potty when she is wearing something!

Having the same issues here. My stubborn almost 3.5yo dd has been using the potty for 2 days now. But will only go if she is naked. If she wear pants/underwear she pees in them. So basically she can't leave the house til she figures out how to pee in the potty when she is wearing something!

Mine is asking for his pull ups back... So I know I'm in trouble if I put them back on. I have to make him go every half hour. He's wearing clothes but has to take it all off to go... And he can't get the underwear back on. And he went around the side of the house to poop yesterday... So I'm expecting a surprise today. Joy!

I'm thinking "I hope we win!!" DD13 has two more softball games today (we're home showering/ cooling off in between) and both are championship games! What a great way to end our season. :) I have no idea what I will do when we're done with baseball season. Probably start restocking our food supply for next season. :lol:

Just thinking that I had such a nice day with my younger DS. My older DS and DH had plans today so my 4 yo and I planned a "mommy and me" day. We had lunch at Mcdonalds, went to the library, stopped at Oberweis for ice cream (and played in the water), and just went to the movies and saw "Mr. Popper's Penguins." We had such a nice time and I didn't have to raise my voice even once. It was such a nice change from my usual stubborn little boy ...

Just hoping the rest of today is as nice since DH and older DS will be home soon and the rest of my day will be spent refereeing their daily nonstop fights!

Back