What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

I wonder if my boy is growing. He's usually up with the sun but is still asleep right now.

and why is it easier to talk about this stuff on here? I can't bring myself to talk to anyone about everything that's going on. Sigh.

Go online & file for All Kids. Right now. They will definitely insure your children, and depending on your income, they will insure your DH & you.

The income limits are quite high. Process is very painless. You can file everything online, there is a telephone interview, and you may need to run paperwork to your public aid office.

Please file today! No child in IL must go uninsured and most adult caregivers of minor children also qualify!

If you have expenses that occurred in the gap of when you were uninsured, All Kids likely will pay them. They ask if you have any medical expenses incurred during the time you were uninsured so they can pay them.

Please file! Your family does not have to go uninsured!

:hug:

I wonder if my boy is growing. He's usually up with the sun but is still asleep right now.

DD too! I had to go wake her just before 9, and she's usually up between 7:30 and 8. She didn't stay up late last night, and it seems she slept well. :9:

DD too! I had to go wake her just before 9, and she's usually up between 7:30 and 8. She didn't stay up late last night, and it seems she slept well. :9:
Yeah, the boy is 10 and he's sleeping later lately... I'm thinking hormones? He just woke up not that long ago. I remember sleeping all the time as a preteen.

I completely agree w/SkincareKathy. Don't be stubborn like I was and wait for almost a yr. before applying...my pride was getting the better of me...I don't want to take medicaid, my clients are on that, blah, blah, blah...the bottom line was I was ONLY hurting myself more...you will get help quicker if you actually go to the office IN PERSON. You can apply online but it took us like 3 mos. at least to get it online...I would go IN PERSON. You will NOT be sorry it is worth it to take of those beautiful children of yours...one of which is in your avatar pic...take care of them mom! They need you!

Valerie, you are not alone! I am weaning and in serious pain! My baby is 18months so it was time! The first couple days I had a fever and chills. Turns out I had an infection... Which sucks because as of February 1 we are officially uninsured. I smiled when I read your post because it was nice to know someone else was going thru the same thing.

DD2 (almost 3!)has had a fever since last night and had a horrible cough. She coughs to the point of puking. Her old pediatricians does not see self pay patients so we have to call around in the morning. She has asthma so I can't sleep, I feel the need to stay up and make sure she is okay. I can't get comfortable anyways, my boobs hurt.

dh has been calling hospitals in and around our Chicago. No-one is hiring in his particular field or they are hiring for prn (as needed) positions. A couple hospitals have part time positions open, they are positions that do not offer benefits.

I am worried, he is worried.

I found it very fast to apply online. I got documents very shortly.

However, it may be more reassuring to do in person as you'll have someone in front of you telling you that you qualify.

It's 10:00....I hope Missy is filing the papers and checks in soon.

Jonny is home from school, sick. I wanted to go get groceries today but I guess I will have to wait til Pat is home :)

Jonny was up last night throwing up and had liquid poo. We decided to keep him from school today and he slept til 9. He is full of piss and vinegar, and still has liquid poo but not as bad. SIGH. I knew the right thing was keeping him home but I really wanted to go get groceries lol I guess Ill be going when Pat gets off work.
i could have lived another day without reading that post. where was your usual WARNING do not read precursor?

Missy :grouphug: thinking of you

I take it no one has her phone number? Even just to text?

Whatchu arguing about? Y'all are together now...........life is good!

I am here. It was a really rough weekend. We are now at over 200 phone calls.

He came by on Sunday and left a 7 page note in my mail box then a 2 page note. To be perfectly honest he told me exactly what I wanted to here for the last 6 months. That made it even harder. He came to my church (which he hates) sit in the hallway with the door closed. I saw him and admit i got upset and cried as I was leaving. His response was "I never meant to upset you by going - something told me I should go today". About 4 hours after he knew I got the notes from the mail box I got a text message. He pulled a 180 AGAIN. Told me I had until 2/10 to drop the divorce or he would get counsle and protect his assets. Wait so 4 hours ago it was I found God - its all about how you feel and I am sorry I hurt you - I don't want to see you loose everything. Then 4 hours later it is do this or else I will take everything?????

I am driving myself crazy. It hurts so bad to think someone I loved for 14 years (ok still love) could act like this. He got on his phone Saturday am and called everyone he could to tell him I filed for divorce and want sole custody. Needless to say I got a few phone calls about it. Everyone that called me was really supportive!

I will post later today.

Kathy I am sending you a PM follow up from last week

Back