What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

BP took a huge jump to 142/92 where it had been 120s/70s, so the doc took a pint and a half of blood (OK maybe not that much - just seemed like it). Now I have to wait for 2 days to see if there really is a problem.

I've been saying expletives in my head for the past hour.

BP took a huge jump to 142/92 where it had been 120s/70s, so the doc took a pint and a half of blood (OK maybe not that much - just seemed like it). Now I have to wait for 2 days to see if there really is a problem.

Ugh can we just shack up and be miserable together? Misery loves company, right?!

Do you normally have high BP? You have what, four weeks left?

Oops I see just over three weeks. Well....maybe you're just ready to get that little baby out!

Did your doctor say what he thinks could be the problem? I'm hoping it's nothing. :huggy:

I'm just disappointed because I did everything I was supposed to this pregnancy and other than a couple minor hiccups all is (or was) well. I really wanted to make it full term this time (because of high BP amongst other things Lex was delivered at 37 weeks) and not have to worry about the baby's lungs.

I don't know if my support person (former labour and delivery nurse) can change her schedule around and I don't have a backup plan. I thought I had more time.

I'm sorry Canadia, I will pray that things all turn out fine! Try not to worry too much it will make your blood pressure go up even more!

:huggy: to our little momma...hope everything is OK.

What an irritating day...didn't sleep well last night, then I found out that I will NOT be able to refinance with the company I wanted to use....looks like I will have to go crawling back to chase and that only DH will be on the loan. Then this irritating woman from the Natl. assoc. of Prof. Women calls...this was some group I'd never heard of until I got the mypoints email. They want like 689 bucks to join for a yr. I talked her down to 89 bucks for 6 mos. but ultimately told her I just don't have the $$$. She then basically hung up on me...now I am irritated by that. I know these peeps are out of New york but honestly lady factory workers make more $$$ than I do...Soc. services pays worse than a teacher's salary..none of us are in this line of work for the $$$....just didn't need that BS today. Thanks for letting me vent peeps...I am going to try to get a nap in today..maybe then I'll feel better!

Kewpon addict, WTF are you talking about?? :dunce: was I the only one that read that and thought HUH? So someone called you and asked you to join them and you talked them down $600 and then said no...? Why bother talking them down?

Canadia :huggy: did you call your support person yet just to talk things through?

Kewpon addict, WTF are you talking about?? :dunce: was I the only one that read that and thought HUH? So someone called you and asked you to join them and you talked them down $600 and then said no...? Why bother talking them down?

Nope, I thought the same thing..........I don't get it.

Ummm, why did I commit to baking cupcakes for DS's b-day for school, taking DS to the model train exhibit at the Botanic Gardens, picking up cookies, and having people over? Things are not packed and we load the truck on Friday! AHHH!

Because that's what Moms do. :wan:

Got 3 of my 4 grades back so far. 3 A's YAY...stressing on the last one, hurry up and post grades already!

Car fixed ..YAY
Computer ..being fixed ..YAY (I've missed it here).
4 A's :hiphip::hiphip:

So many houses so little time! :gah:

I'm supposed to be doing this pile of work :chores13:

But Bunnee is emailing me links to houses and I'm totally distracted! :lol:

So many houses so little time! :gah:

I'm supposed to be doing this pile of work :chores13:

But Bunnee is emailing me links to houses and I'm totally distracted! :lol:

Sounds like Bunnee is to houses what Cookie is to dogs. :giggles:

(no links for me for either one thanks)

Did your doctor say what he thinks could be the problem? I'm hoping it's nothing. :huggy:

It is a not-too common, not-too-uncommon complication of pregnancy called pre-eclampsia. For whatever reason all systems in the mommy's body get out of whack (liver/kidney/lungs) and if left untreated baby and mommy die (that's the eclampsia part, where mommy has a stroke). Some of the earliest symptoms are a jump in weight and blood pressure. The tests are too see how badly, if at all, my organs are affected. The only cure is to deliver the baby.

Canadia :huggy: did you call your support person yet just to talk things through?

I sent her an email since I won't know more until Friday anyways and she usually doesn't answer her cell phone when she's at work.

I know that they can do an amniocentesis on Friday to check the baby's lung development and if needed deliver then so I just need to keep telling myself that I'm far enough along that this baby can be safely delivered.

At this point both the baby and I are fine - I just need to focus on that.

It is a not-too common, not-too-uncommon complication of pregnancy called pre-eclampsia. For whatever reason all systems in the mommy's body get out of whack (liver/kidney/lungs) and if left untreated baby and mommy die (that's the eclampsia part, where mommy has a stroke). Some of the earliest symptoms are a jump in weight and blood pressure. The tests are too see how badly, if at all, my organs are affected. The only cure is to deliver the baby.

I sent her an email since I won't know more until Friday anyways and she usually doesn't answer her cell phone when she's at work.

I know that they can do an amniocentesis on Friday to check the baby's lung development and if needed deliver then so I just need to keep telling myself that I'm far enough along that this baby can be safely delivered.

At this point both the baby and I are fine - I just need to focus on that.

:huggy: and please post here if you need anything.

:shesaid:

Let them know if they can do anything for you.

:lol: :hides:

I'm sure you'll feel better after talking this through with someone. I know there will still be worry, but sometimes just talking with someone you know and trust helps reel you back in. I'm glad you have her.

Back