What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

I got a puppy? :dunce:

Nope...I was reading another thread about you having a dog...I probably misread...I've been directed to thread! All is good. Found out you are dog sitting...
You wanna dog sit 3 adorable black dogs? Lab, affenpinscher, and schipperke??? If so, I'll leave tonight!

I probably called it a "puppy"... I call everything a puppy.... even WAY non-puppy things like horses :lol:

DH trying to break my new Viking mixer :gah:

uh-oh.. is he trying to get banned from the kitchen?

Thanks so much to all of you who were supportive and listened while we sold our house. I wasn't sure we could do it, and now that it's over, I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. And thank you to the doubters too; you made the sale even sweeter! :foryou:

He was pulling on the cord and it would not come out. Then when he was done he tugged on the cord to the very end- thinking it was retractable but it's actually a crank to reel it back in. I'm frustrated cause I finally replaced the one I took from my parents when I moved out( I was the only one who ever used it anyway!) It's the first time I've found a hand mixer stronger than the one I had.

uh-oh.. is he trying to get banned from the kitchen?

Thanks so much to all of you who were supportive and listened while we sold our house. I wasn't sure we could do it, and now that it's over, I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. And thank you to the doubters too; you made the sale even sweeter! :foryou:

:bliss: I can't wait to see pics of the new place once it's built. Sorry the hole in the ground basement pic didn't quite do it for me. :giggles:

Long rant warning:

I'm so pissed I could spit nails!!! The kind of pissed where you shake and can't get a coherent sentence out.

I regularly play with Sadie in the backyard (no fence or leash). She does really well. I regularly take her (off leash) to my neighbor/ good friends' house (they love her). Our yards are back to back. Well I saw their garage was open (means they're outside) so we (me and Sadie) went over because I had to tell them something. Well they weren't in their garage or patio, but I heard them talking around front so me and Sadie rounded their house to find them. Well Sadie ran ahead like she does when she sees my neighbor (every morning she does this). Well when I turned the corner of the house, I see she was running to a dog that a lady in the neighborhood had and had stopped to talk to my neighbor (at my neighbor's front step). Sadie ran up to the dog (nothing happened), I called her name and she quickly laid down belly up (submission). Well this lady with the dog runs a lab rescue and she had her latest rescue with her (who is a sweety pie). This lady (whom I talk to daily) proceedes to GO OFF on me about no leash, blah, blah, blah. I said I'm so sorry, but I didn't know you were over here and Sadie comes over with me all the time. Well she kept yelling at me and looked SO pissed. May I remind you that NOTHING happened for cripes sake!!! This woman LIVES for her dogs (no kids) and needs to take a ****ing chill pill!!! It's not like she doesn't know me or Sadie (she met both of us before we even moved in).

1. I can legally have my dog off her leash in my yard.

2. My neighbor is fine with me having my dog over there off leash. We do this regularly when we sit out with them.

3. This woman WAY overreacted. This would've been a good teachable moment for her to remain calm and let the dog know that it's ok, etc. SHE KNOWS MY DOG!!!

The lady (Lisa) stomped off completely fuming. Seriously if it was me and a strange dog and stranger had done this (and only if something had happened) I would prolly react this way but WE KNOW EACH OTHER AND HAVE ALWAYS HAD PLEASANT CHATS!!! So here I sit pissed, a lil sad that this may have cost what I thought was a good aquaintance and a lil humiliated (she was "schooling"me). :pout:

To top it off, my neighbor (whom I've become very good friends with) didn't back me at all and I have her bachelorette party tomorrow (which I bought beautiful, thoughtful gifts for). :pout:

"Pitty party for one.............your table is ready."

Carry on............................................

Wait until she calls the cops on you. Then you'll be really pissed.

Oh wait, that was my neighbour that did that to me.

You have my sympathy and understanding.

When things didn't "click" usually it's because it's not put in the right direction, right track...excesive force is not going to do it!!

Well, DH broke another thing...what he called a small accident.. :gah:
The third in this month, and today is only the 17th!!

Thanks canadia. I got myself so worked up, I puked. :surrender: I'm fine with confrontation with people I either don't know or don't like, but this really threw me. :(

I'm really sorry Rebecca. People overreact. Usually it's people who aren't used to large dogs, but you'd think if she works with labs she wouldn't have an issue. All I can say is be thankfull Sadie isn't a pittie. They've been removed from families and put to sleep for lesser offenses. Seriously.

I love that Sadie just laid down and showed her belly. What a sweet dog!

I'm really sorry Rebecca. People overreact. Usually it's people who aren't used to large dogs, but you'd think if she works with labs she wouldn't have an issue. All I can say is be thankfull Sadie isn't a pittie. They've been removed from families and put to sleep for lesser offenses. Seriously.

I love that Sadie just laid down and showed her belly. What a sweet dog!

No ****!!! She has 6 friggin' labs in her house! (some hers, some rescues up for adoption)................she has a big house. I'm sure that in her many years of doing rescue work, much worse things have happened.

Now I'm sad thinking that she may not come around several times a day walking all of her dogs and if she does, will it be weird? :pout:

I'm hoping she'll apologize for overreacting, but I'm not holding my breath.

Tired of DH's ****ing and whining lately... tired of his up and down moods...now we have no insurance so I can't tell him to go to the dr. I really think he needs something for depression but will not convince him and definitely not now...love him but he just makes me want to tear my hair out lately. Praying that it all works out.

WOW! That sounds crazy over-reactive for someone who knows you and knows Sadie! Maybe something bad happened to her recently and she's in some other place :pout: I don't think I'm surprised your bachelorette party neighbor didn't back you.... haven't you mentioned she's kinda shy and quiet??? And I bet she was as shocked as you were to see Lisa's reaction... seriously, with SIX LABS in her house ... and knowing you like she does, I don't know how that could be her "normal" reaction.... I wonder if she got spooked or attacked by a dog recently :9:

:hb: :hb: :hb:

How is this being pushy? She called me...

sis: I'm probably screwed, if my lung has cancer too. It'll all be over...

me: You don't know that. You'll meet with the docs, see what they say... go with the treatments they recommend.

sis: Stop telling me what to do!!!!

:hb:

Give me strength to hold my tongue :gah:

The youngest in my family always tells us not to tell him what to do. :)

ennui, :hb: she is scared and she's lashing out at you. Her anger and frustration aren't for you. You're a good sister to listen and filter out the flotsam when she needs it most. :huggy:

mrsmom, I'm sorry your neighbor's friend was such a jerk. I wouldn't expect an apology from her though.. :huggy:

The youngest in my family always tells us not to tell him what to do. :)

I tell my husband this at least twice a week :hides: It's one of the jokes we have between us, so he (fortunately) doesn't take it personally.

Back