What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Will wine do? :)
I really wanted a beer, but thankfully others have stepped up for the heavy lifting. Wine's good too!

:pic12:

We want to see the house going up!!

So happy for you! :hiphip:

thanks! you really want to see the hole in the ground? Be careful what you ask for :snicker: this pic is from earlier this week; you can see the lumber that just got delivered in front of the house (pic taken while standing in the future backyard)

IMG248.jpg

from the side yard:
IMG250.jpg

I'll have a 'rita for you, KG :bliss:

KG, sooooo super excited for you! :hiphip: :cartwheel:

Sounds like the house will be finished before the baby comes! (Wasn't it Jan. before?)

A new baby and a new house! What a great life!

Which basement room is for the stockpile?:cartwheel:

I was thinking I'll start in that little nook next to the garage, then expand outwards and slowly take over the whole basement, slowly so no one will ever notice, Muahahaha. Eventually that little nook can just be the razor room or something ;)

IMG248.jpg

KG, sooooo super excited for you! :hiphip: :cartwheel:

Sounds like the house will be finished before the baby comes! (Wasn't it Jan. before?)

A new baby and a new house! What a great life!

Baby is due January 31. I got antsy so we did decide to break ground before the old house was closed (against everyone's advice here). :hides: We did that because we still had a financing contingency that would have protected us from being forced to close on the new house while still owning the old one. I think I told you about the builder having some issues with utilities that affected getting a building permit from the City, but that has been resolved (though it did delay groundbreaking by 2 - 3 weeks).

I do have a few risk factors for pre-term labor, but everything has been problem-free so far and all testing has been coming back normal so far. There are some things I just can't control (things that actually are not a result of other people being ****es), so if the baby comes early, we will adjust. I already have a crib and some clothes I scored 75% off at Target, plus diapers from the KMart deal.

OH MY GOD you people are crazy! And hilarious!!! Alison thanks for the diagram lmao!!!

I now understand why people homeschool. I just finished writing all the days off/ meetings/conferences/early dismissals, etc. for 2012 and I can't believe all the coordinating I need to do to make sure I have kids being picked up, kids being watched, etc. ...and my oldest is only starting 1st grade............:faint:

Ok, So I "goated" and "pigged" or whatever those terms were :lol: ...the threads and can't find the news about Mrsmom getting a puppy. I don't have time for this ****...please point me in the direction!!! I have a classroom to get ready! :giggles:

KG, nice basement.

Make sure you put the HVAC in a strategic location that make it easier to finish the basement. I hate the big **** HVAC in the middle of our basement, it makes half of the basement too low (six feet) to finish.

Typically they will have no say in the placement of their basement HVAC. All those things are engineered months/years before when the architectural plans are drawn. Can't move HVAC without recalculating & redesigning the whole works.

Just saying!

Ok, So I "goated" and "pigged" or whatever those terms were :lol: ...the threads and can't find the news about Mrsmom getting a puppy. I don't have time for this ****...please point me in the direction!!! I have a classroom to get ready! :giggles:

I got a puppy? :dunce:

Typically they will have no say in the placement of their basement HVAC. All those things are engineered months/years before when the architectural plans are drawn. Can't move HVAC without recalculating & redesigning the whole works.

Just saying!

Really?

I have been to a few of my neighbors' basements (same basic plan), they have their HVAC at different locations.

I would think you could have your HVAC at a less obstructive way but still able to run the duct the efficient way within the building codes.

Back