Status
Not open for further replies.

DJCC

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start another thread about Sound Choice!:sqerr:

:sqlaugh::sqlaugh::sqlaugh::sqlaugh::sqlaugh::sqlaugh:

I cant hear a sound on forum. So I deny the urge to listen.

It's a good thing you started this one. The other's are getting really full.

They will never get another $1 from me I use Sunfly now. I feel abandoned.

DJ Cam said:
They will never get another $1 from me I use Sunfly now. I feel abandoned.

Sunfly???

No, not that I don't know who Sunfly is but, you actually use their stuff.... I've honestly never found a track from Sunfly that I thought was anywhere near even as good as Sweet Georgia Brown let alone SC or even CB.... are you serious?

Rob,

Actually Sunfly has a great many good tracks and some no one else produces!

Thunder said:
Rob,

Actually Sunfly has a great many good tracks and some no one else produces!

That's true about many manufactures I guess.... I just can't see choosing Sunfly as a better source over SC no matter what SC has done or not done.

I've purchased a couple of Sunfly songs from Tricerasoft and just wasn't happy with the accuracy of the graphics or the quality of the audio. SGB is better IMHO.

The first 3 SF laser discs are absolutely fantastic!!!

Hah... another what thread?

There are two songs that I don't believe anyone but Pioneer ever got right (on laser disc) and they screwed that up when they put them on CDG.

"At this Moment" and "Just a Gigalo"

No other versions (that I have seen) have ever gotten it right!

I have three versions of Picture to Burn - Taylor Swift CB KK and BM only the BM version which is the one that uses Taylor Swifts actual music has the lyrics right at the begining the other two have this line "...If you don't mind I'll tell them your gay."

She never used the word "gay" in the entire song yet CB and KK have it that way.

Rob,

It depends on which version you get, the kid friendly version doesn't have it but the album does. I just listened to it, here are the lyrics to the song!

State the obvious,
I didn’t get my perfect fantasy
I realized you love yourself
More that you could ever love me
So go and tell your friends
That I’m obsessive and crazy,
That’s fine
I’ll tell mine
You’re gay,
And by the way,

I hate that stupid old pickup truck,
You never let me drive
You’re a redneck, heartbreak
Who’s really been a lie
So watch me strike a match
On all my wasted time
As far as I’m concerned,
You’re just another picture to burn.

There’s no time for tears
I’m just sitting here planning my revenge
There’s nothing stopping me
From going out with all of your best friends
And if you come around saying’ sorry to me
My daddy’s going to show you how sorry you’ll be

‘Cause I hate that stupid old pickup truck,
You never let me drive
Who’s really been a lie, yeah
On all my wasted time
As far as I’m concerned,

And if you’re missing me
You better keep it to yourself
‘Cause coming back around here
Would be bad for your health

‘Cause I hate that stupid old pickup truck,
You never let me drive
On all my wasted time
In case you haven’t heard,

I really, really hate that stupid old pickup truck,
You never let me drive
On all my wasted time
As far as I’m concerned,
Burn, burn, burn, baby burn.
Just another picture to burn
Baby burn

The only difference I can see is they left out the words "you're gay" on my kids hits disc!

Interesting....

I saw that and imediately listend to the song with taylor singing and didn't hear her sing this line, "That’s fine I’ll tell mine You’re gay" and it's not that way on the karaoke discs put out by BM either.

Are you saying there are alternate versions of this song? If so I've never heard the version with that line in it.

Got it here let me move it from my DJ drive to this computer!

Never mind it is on Utube

I guess I just never heard that version before or I've just been under a rock this whole time.....

I wonder why the karaoke discs put out by her record company used the G rated version without the word "gay" in the lyrics then...

Knowing this the CB version sounds exactly the same as hers so they'd be interchangeable depending on which version someone would want.

Ya I did a search of youtube too and found a couple of versions without that line.... but a ton more with it.... I'm going to listen again to the one I have on my computer at home to be sure... but, I'm positive it doesn't have the gay line in it.

As for SF, they have more or less become my "go to" label as well. Their older stuff does leave a lot to be desired, but the newer stuff is pretty darn good. When it comes to British artists, they nearly can't be beat. Zoom is also excellent in that regard.

Why don't you guys get together and start your own Karaoke label?

The number one criteria i have for a karaoke manufacturer is whether or not the accurately put "you're gay" in a song:sqwink:

Actually, to me, it's mostly about the sound. If the words are close, I don't really care if they miss something little.

Like Kid Rock and Sheryl Crowe "Picture". I've seen some versions that have the words, "I was head of the church"...when it obviously is "I was headed to church"

Wrong, but no big deal. Because it's not going to affect the event.

Steve,

I think the pauses at the end of the pioneer "at this moment" are way too long.

"Just a Gigolo" is shorter than the orig.

But they both sound great!!

One of these days I'm gonna put some of these Pioneer LD tunes on my pc.

Lee

jokerswild said:
That's true about many manufactures I guess.... I just can't see choosing Sunfly as a better source over SC no matter what SC has done or not done.

I've purchased a couple of Sunfly songs from Tricerasoft and just wasn't happy with the accuracy of the graphics or the quality of the audio. SGB is better IMHO.

SGB are drink coasters compared to Sunfly and I doubt they will be calling your KJ friends to see if they want to spy on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back