What's new

The meeting at Sound Choice was AWESOME!

OMG!! Another road trip w/Steve?????

Heck Yeah!!!

Let the snore-fest begin!!!

OK everybody. I will get a date together and see if it works for everyone. If February is too soon, I would be happy to change it to March.

I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving holiday and that you are blessed with family, friends and good health....and of course legal karaoke!

Debi

OK everybody. I will get a date together and see if it works for everyone. If February is too soon, I would be happy to change it to March.

I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving holiday and that you are blessed with family, friends and good health....and of course legal karaoke!

Debi

March would be PERFECT, I've got a big trip in January down to DJ in Miami, so i could use a little time before the trek out to Tennessee, I can't wait though! :)

Chartbuster, here I come! David may not be able to make that trip unless he drops a few nights! I might bring my 17 year old. She's the next generation in our business. She's been DJing church and teenage stuff since she was 7 and she's been filling in for us in bars (with a chaperone) since she was 13. She was really upset we left her at home for the last one!

Jennifer slightly off subjuct but I wish you could all see my grandson Angel host his shows at his school...he is 7 and has about 300 discs and a small self contained home player....he's a natural host. When he was about 18 months old he kept grabbing mics so DH gave him an old broken SM58 and it is still one of his favorite toys.The top of his christmas list is a "real karaoke set like grandaddys only littler" so he can carry it. He even gets paid for his monthly shows at the after school program $25.00 is ALOT of money to him:biggrinpill:

Chartbuster, here I come! David may not be able to make that trip unless he drops a few nights! I might bring my 17 year old. She's the next generation in our business. She's been DJing church and teenage stuff since she was 7 and she's been filling in for us in bars (with a chaperone) since she was 13. She was really upset we left her at home for the last one!

I don't know about the underage thing........... that would mean I would have to watch my p's and q's!

Just kidding I would love to meet her!:biggrinpill:

Like I said, she's been in bars since she was 10 days old. No p's and q's need to be minded, but she is 17 which still means no passes should be made. Thank you very much!

Highly illegal in Michigan. She could only be in a "restaurant" as a patron past 9pm. And not "working" there or in a club until she was 19... doesn't matter if there is a "chaperone" or not....

Probably not the healthiest environment for a young girl anyway..

1. it ain't Michigan!

Obviously.

[cue Dueling Banjos music]

"Golly Jeb, don't you worry 'bout her none.... after all, she is 13 and all them boys only had a little to drink... so far."

[/dueling banjos music]

Obviously.

[cue Dueling Banjos music]

"Golly Jeb, don't you worry 'bout her none.... after all, she is 13 and all them boys only had a little to drink... so far."

[/dueling banjos music]

Chip,
Go easy partner.
I spent four years in the Detroit area (Harrison Twp.)in the early 90's and the funny thing is I met more imbred (can't verify), redneck, rebel flag flyn', tooth missin', uneducated skool in the hip pocket country music lovin' people than I could ever believe. Went to the Silver Dome over in Pointic in 1991 with some Ford execs to a Ford sponsored Monster Truck event and OMG, it was redneck heaven. Talk about "Ma and Pa Kettle goes to town" the south aint go nuttin, on Michigan. So Michigan is not without it's share of the above described people. I'll bet you even heard of Taylor, MI. referenced as "Taylortuckey".

My daughter, in a post graduate music program, learned the basics on the bango while at Martha's Vineyard in Mass last spring. Go figure, the last time I looked it was way above the Mason Dixon Line.

I do like Michigan outside of Detroit(GO BLUE!), after all I spent my summer vacation this year in the Upper Lower and in the UP so it ain't all bad.

I met more imbred (can't verify), redneck, rebel flag flyn', tooth missin', uneducated skool in the hip pocket country music lovin' people than I could ever believe.

Case in point: Kid Rock is from Romeo, Michigan...on the fringe of Detroit. :laughpill:

To Those Who Went To The SC Meet-Up...

For some reason that I cannot fathom, Steve has asked me to post this- an exerpt from a PM that he sent me. Go figure....:confusedpill:

" I was at the meeting on the 15th and I heard first hand what was said in many of the discussions that took place, believe me when I tell you there is NOTHING I can do to sully your reputation with any of the people there from either one of the manus present, in fact regardless of what I said in your defense there it was having no affect on any of them.

While I understand that the the folks at the meeting and I are on different sides of an internet debate, I find the above surprising on many levels. No, not because of my charm and good looks ( I know I'm short on both..:embarrassedpill:), but because of the folks that were there.

For instance, I can't picture Athena having bad thoughts about anyone. Lone, Danny,Rumbolt, and I seem to have no personal problems that I'm aware of. I've had great and pleasant diaslogues with all three.Skid's pic gives me the impression of a fun loving guy- not the sort to base personal opinion on internet posts. Lee and I have certainly had some passionate disagreements, but I never read anything that indicates either hostility or lack of respect. Etc, etc...

Heck, even Kurt said that though I get under his skin sometimes, he bears me no animosity.

As for Thunder defending me to all of you.....:wubpill:

Also, I received very kind invitations from you, as well as some complimentary PMs regarding other things.

Anyway, I don't know why he asked me to post this ( he asked in the CB SCDG thread) but there it is.

If his statement is accurate, then it is. Still surprising as heck, though. I'm just not built in such a way that I can build personal hostility toward anyone on an internet forum, and can't understand it if it happens.

Would've loved to have you at the meeting Joe and any future meetings for that matter. :) Just always remember to keep an open mind and we'll get along just fine......I've enjoyed our conversations for the most part and would love to meet you. No personal or any hard feelings for that matter here although we do disagree from time to time, but as you stated, this is just an internet forum

Back