What's new

Update w Pics-- Now Good! :) Arggh! My good day turned bad ....

Mom2Dee

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Last week my refridgerator (which I hated that came with the house) started randomly freezing things in different areas of it. DH agreed we'd buy a new one and amazingly liked the super expensive cadillac one best...

It is SO gorgeous.... 31 cu ft! French Doors with the Bottom Freezer Stainless Steel. Lighting you wouldn't believe.

It was delivered this morning. I measured over and over but there were these plastic corner things that weren't included in the manu measurement specs and it was already a close fit. It is 36 inches wide AND 36 inches deep.

Delivery guys left it hooked up but sticking out and I ran to Home Depot to get a trim pulling tool. It has wheels so I can just push it back, right?

Pulled the trim and got it going in. Now at halfway it is TOTALLY stuck!! It rolled great till I got it stuck. Can't get it in or out. It weighs 280lbs!! It is wedged up against my french doors to the deck... cant open the door to the deck, can't open one side of the fridge, can't budge it a millimeter! I think we have to trim the side of the cabinet (it overhangs a wee bit) to get this thing in. I am so stressed out!! Got a guy coming tomorrow to help but till then? :surrender:

Re: Arggh! My good day turned bad ....

boo hoo! you got an awesome new fridge......waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

pics when it's settled in? love me some fridge pr0n.

No other brilliant advice? JRL you usually have some brilliant idea I haven't thought of... Glad to show pics when I can. It is seriously the nicest fridge I've ever seen and I can't believe we were able to get it. I did price match it down to a little over $600 off the regular price.

Did you measure the width of the back wall? If the side wall isn't square, the front might be 36", but the back might only be 35".....sledge hammer?

have you tried cussing at the fridge? perhaps kicking it? sometimes that helps.

Try pulling the pin on hinge to the patio door?

After buying & returning a 22,000 BTU heavy & huge thru the wall AC that would not fit the existing opening, I know your pain. I now live by the adage, measure thrice [both opening and appliance], then buy or cut once.

there were these plastic corner things that weren't included in the manu measurement specs
Never trust manufacturer specs, measure yourself and with a decent firm measuring tape or yardstick.

Can't get to the patio door hinges any more. They are behind the appliance.

grrr for that news! i live in a really old house when people ate less and never needed bigger spaces,lol. we have 30 inch doors and really narrow staircases. i too ordered a cadilac of fridges a few years back. the delivery guys did this awesome manuever of opening the fridge doors in particilar angle and slipping it in with another manuever. i was amazed ..nowat you are stuck, you cannot take the fridge doors off can you. i am trying to picture how you are stuck. and there is no way to get behind push it back out?

It is so wedged in I can't measure or do anything.

Last week my refridgerator (which I hated that came with the house) started randomly freezing things in different areas of it. DH agreed we'd buy a new one and amazingly liked the super expensive cadillac one best...

It is SO gorgeous.... 31 cu ft! French Doors with the Bottom Freezer Stainless Steel. Lighting you wouldn't believe.

It was delivered this morning. I measured over and over but there were these plastic corner things that weren't included in the manu measurement specs and it was already a close fit. It is 36 inches wide AND 36 inches deep.

Delivery guys left it hooked up but sticking out and I ran to Home Depot to get a trim pulling tool. It has wheels so I can just push it back, right?

Pulled the trim and got it going in. Now at halfway it is TOTALLY stuck!! It rolled great till I got it stuck. Can't get it in or out. It weighs 280lbs!! It is wedged up against my french doors to the deck... cant open the door to the deck, can't open one side of the fridge, can't budge it a millimeter! I think we have to trim the side of the cabinet (it overhangs a wee bit) to get this thing in. I am so stressed out!! Got a guy coming tomorrow to help but till then? :surrender:

ask a neighbor to help you push it in? Or get someone else in there, mayve they have another idea of what to do?

So it is about half way in to it's new spot and won't budge in or out the cabinet side is TIGHT... like scraping part of the sticker off tight. The other side (with the hinges and trim of the French Doors to deck) has a little space but I can't budge it in any direction. Does that make sense visually?

The cabinet (tall pantry cabinet thing) beside has a front piece that overhangs the actual cabinet. I think if we can cut that off flush with the cabinet it will give the tiny bit I need to move it. I don't want to butcher it so I've got a guy that can come tomorrow.... just wishing there were a way not to be stuck till then. Trying to resist the urge to get out DH's reciprocating saw and start cuting.... maybe I should mention here that my DH is NOT handy.

HEre's a pic

wedgedfridge.jpg

A bit blurry but the general idea

smokin hot!

from the pic, I would guess maybe the fridge is caught on the hinge of the patio door? or the fridge can't slide straight back because it is at a slight angle due to the door?

I would pull the fridge all the way out (if you can). remove the patio door, hinges and all. then start over.

good luck!

cabinet side

WP_000811.jpg

door side

WP_000812.jpg

Back