What's new

What age did you hit your "Fat Wall"?

Tuna noodle casserole? Stop! You're making me hungry.

I make mine with a lot of added vegetables (after a version I liked from a local deli) and a base of cream-of-whatever soup. If you add the tuna at the last minute, it's not so fishy.

I didn't think that their were different types of carbs. I though carbs were carbs.

Sailor Kenshin said:
Tuna noodle casserole? Stop! You're making me hungry.

I make mine with a lot of added vegetables (after a version I liked from a local deli) and a base of cream-of-whatever soup. If you add the tuna at the last minute, it's not so fishy.
I like peas and hearts of palm in mine believe it or not. As for tuna I use the solid white and I don't find it that fishy. ( at least not yet!) I like cream of mushroom and onion. And lots of cheese and bread crumbs baked on top. I think I am going to have another bowlful.

so did i chris...but then again

I hate calories counters...jebus my mate sammy is one..drives me mad.

Carbohydrates come in two basic forms: complex and simple. Simple carbs are one, two, or at most three units of sugar linked together in single molecules. Complex carbs are hundreds or thousands of sugar units linked together in single molecules. Simple sugars are easily identified by their taste: sweet. Complex carbs, such as potatoes, are pleasant to the taste buds, but not sweet.

Most of our carbohydrates come from cereals and grains.

thanks irish...shows how much i used to listen in science...

we dont do about the easy stuff anymore...

all about complex theories and stuff lol

Carbs give you energy but they make you fat. This show that with every positive there is a negative.

heh fat gives you energy too, it also makes you as the name suggests fat...

but fibre, protein also gives you energy...why not eat those too...this is why we should eat them all in a moderation

Give me fudge or give me...anything else that contains sugar! I must not let down my fat cells! Actually I must drink more water! It helps break down the carbs!

Carb counters eventually give up their obsession of counting. I have met a few!

heh sammy hasn't...she does it everyday to me and i get sick of it...I know for a fact I'm not fat and probably never will be...grr I don't care if I eat a whole abg of jaffas and they go up to so much calories dammit...!

What are jaffes? I just got back from grocery shopping. I bought that green tea. And I loathe tea, even the smell. Now I have my water and my tea. I will try it later. Of course I had to purchase some Cheesies and Nacho chips. Ice-cream sadly is not part of my vocabulary. (No thanks to mrsd. and her word association)LOL

I may check the web for a calorie counter though. I am curious if it works. The only diet that I believe has any value and I have seen success in others is the Weight Watchers diet combined with exercise.

jaffa cakes, are like sponge cakes, circle with little orange layer and chocolate ontop

small little biscuit things very nice and soft :D check them out on google, mark the english bit though

Sounds scrumptious. Hey we are dieting here Woman! I am having hearts of palm and crumbled blue cheese salad and you are on about sponge cake.I deliberately passed up Cherry Crumble Cream Cheese cake today. Now I want it but I am refusing to go out again. Too much temptation out there for me to handle in my weakened state! LOL

I hit the fat wall at 49, but my late husband got the fat wall creeping closer to me, when he kept saying, "You'll make my life easier if you don't lose those few pounds."

I started to put on weight when i moved from the area where i grew up. New home no friends to go play with. But that was years ago.

Back