What's new

What are your favorite sports movies?

Jontro

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Post some good movies like Warrior that people will like.

After today Warrior is at the top of my list.

My Top 5:
Warrior
Drive
3:10 to Yuma
Saving Private Ryan
Boondock Saints

Limitless
Basic
The Firm
Super 8
Fast Five
The Shining
SWAT

...many more.

Remember the Titans is an all-time great sports movie, but my favorite is actually Coach Carter. Watching Samuel L. Jackson bring those students on the team a message of hope while also developing them into great players was a very inspirational and touching story.

Remember the Titans is my Favorite. Friday Night lights is also good.

My favorite sports movie is undoubtedly Happy Gilmore, but as far as non-comedies go, then I'd go with Field of Dreams as a more appropriate answer for this one. Also I really liked Major League. Typically I'm not a fan of sports movies because I just think it's too easy to make a sports movie suspenseful. For instance they can have each team be up by 1 or 2 points, then it's a nailbiter down into the final minutes. Cheesy.

Best sports movies of ALL time: Remember the Titans
Rudy
Any Given Sunday

There is another thread about favorite movies. Probably just the wrong one. lol

I loved that movie the Titans! It has been such a long time since I have seen it. I know they are a lot of boxing movies that I love to watch as well.

Love & Basketball ... watching it now! I also like Remember the Titans and The Longshots.

I loved that movie the Titans! It has been such a long time since I have seen it. I know they are a lot of boxing movies that I love to watch as well.

Oh you're right!! I forgot one of the most classic movies of all! Cinderella Man. That is one of my all time favorites right there.

Back