What's new

What EASY goodies are you making this holiday?

These **** balls are sounding more and more complicated. :surrender:

Honestly, I am really surprised that people are having problems. My 11 year old did most of the work, and I am really not that into baking (which is why I titled this thread EASY goodies).

I can see that the chocolate melting can be a pain, one of the best kitchen gadgets I have ever gotten was definitely the little chocolate melting pot thing

The one I have is similar to this one:
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat213846&PRODID=prd50094

But mine isn't a Wilton

They were easy - I had no problems at all! Well other than running out of chocolate, but I have to admit I didn't even look at the recipe to see how much I should make.

I'm thinking of heating the frosting in the micro for a minute so it isn't as hard to mix in.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking of heating the frosting in the micro for a minute so it isn't as hard to mix in.

Thoughts?

Honestly..... that's the EASY part... it's the chocolate melting part thats a REAL PITA!!!

I can do the chocolate melting. I do chocolate covered pretzles alot.

i melted my chocolate chips in the microwave, with Imperial margarine and some milk.... no problems at all!

Honestly..... that's the EASY part... it's the chocolate melting part thats a REAL PITA!!!

See, see...now the real truth is coming out! :surrender::hurt:

:hides:

Still have TONS of Frosted Flakes! You can get the redhots @ Dolla Store

Sooooooo.....

Wreaths.jpg

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 teaspoon green food coloring
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups cornflakes cereal
1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies
Directions
1.Microwave marshmallows and butter on High for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave on High for 2 minutes more. Stir. (This can be done in a double boiler if one doesn't have a microwave.)
2.Add and mix quickly the coloring, extracts, then cornflakes. Drop by spoonfuls in clumps on greased wax paper and decorate with 3 red hots each.
3.Once cool, transfer to lightly greased serving/storage tray with lightly greased fingers.

Did somebody make these and send them into work with their DH yesterday? If so, please PM me! My DH came home and was describing these exact things to me that someone brought into his work yesterday! What a coincidence! I wondered if it was a fellow CWer!

Probably not. I've seen these in several little cook books. I've never made 'em though, but should....they're cute.

I had a busy day in the kitchen today with the Family!

100 pretzel turtles
114 Oreo Balls
36 chocolate chip cookies
36 Oatmeal cookies
36 chocolate covered pretzels

I still have apple pies yet to make and a few loaves of banana bread!

What FUN!!! :)

Good job! My, my mom and my sister had our baking day today. We made a lot of cookies although my sister was super slow and sluggish (read hung-over lol). Then she was texting non-stop until I threatened to throw her phone into the snow lol. She's still in that schmoopy stage with her boyfriend. :jack:

Made Three loaves of banana bread this morning! Now to make the sugar cookies!
I will make the apple pie maybe on Wednesday night! Also maybe another round of banana bread! Happy baking to allllllll!! :)

Made Three loaves of banana bread this morning! Now to make the sugar cookies!
I will make the apple pie maybe on Wednesday night! Also maybe another round of banana bread! Happy baking to allllllll!! :)

OMG Chickie! You are a baking fool this holiday! Wish I was this motivated! :)

Get going gurl!!!! Whatchya waiting on! Banana bread easy peasy!!!

BUMP A ROO!!! Need this page... don't wanna search again! :)

Good job! My, my mom and my sister had our baking day today. We made a lot of cookies although my sister was super slow and sluggish (read hung-over lol). Then she was texting non-stop until I threatened to throw her phone into the snow lol. She's still in that schmoopy stage with her boyfriend. :jack:

care to define schmoopy stage? ;)

Ohhh you know ..... kissing, talking, hugging all the time..... makes ya wanna puke ;)

Ohhh you know ..... kissing, talking, hugging all the time..... makes ya wanna puke ;)

:shesaid: and with constant compliments.....pfft......:jack:

Back