What's new

What EASY goodies are you making this holiday?

Funny you say that because I was going to mention trying to use sweetened condensed milk instead of frosting thinking about a cake I had once where you poke a bunch of holes in a baked cake then pour the can of milk over it.....so sweet, moist and delish. I would think it's a little better for you than using frosting.

I kept trying to remember how my mom used to make cake. I remember poking holes in it and pouring something in and could never remember. I think that's it!!!!!!!!!!! She always had condensed milk and evaporated milk on hand.

BTW, I'm going to make some balls. I also am wondering about the brownies, since I have 8 boxes I need to use up and not lug moving.

Also, Diane, did you open each oreo? Any way of jamming that stick without doing that? How about double stuff oreos?

I have heard that its the better then sex cake....

Make a cake. Use a fork to punch TONS of holes in it. Pour sweeten condenced milk and liquid carmel over warm holey cake. Let it soak in then. Then put whipped topping and toffee bits on top right before serving.

SOOOOOSOOOOOOO SOOOOOOO GOOD!

I have heard that its the better then sex cake....

Make a cake. Use a fork to punch TONS of holes in it. Pour Evaporated milk and liquid carmel over warm holey cake. Let it soak in then. Then put whipped topping and toffee bits on top right before serving.

SOOOOOSOOOOOOO SOOOOOOO GOOD!

I think you mean sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated.

I tried making these today and turned out pretty good (did not do the complete recipe as DS and DH do not like nuts, so I left out the nuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon). The lady that created this recipe was on Oprah, she won best cookie in some Pilsbury bake off. I think I may try the whole recipe and see how it goes, since I have enough cookie dough and peanut butter to play around with.

I used the Peanut butter Pilsbury Simply Cookies, I broke them in half for the recipe.
http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/showrecipe.aspx?rid=44842

I have a balls recipe! I think these are similar to the recipe MrsPiggy posted.

These are really good (we don't add nuts so I'm not sure how they taste with them added). I have so much peanut butter and graham crackers so these are perfect. Hint: freeze your balls for a few minutes before dipping in chocolate.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Balls-V/Detail.aspx

There are some serious balls going to be made at Tazzys.

Still wondering if there is an easier way to jam that stick up that oreos **** rather than opening each one. If not, oh well. :)

There are some serious balls going to be made at Tazzys.

Still wondering if there is an easier way to jam that stick up that oreos **** rather than opening each one. If not, oh well. :)

It's hard to choose between the two but I'd have to say the Oreo one should be the line of the day. :lol:

Last year when I made the Cake Balls, I dipped them into melted Dove candy bars! OMG! They were so much better than the chocolate bark I made them with before!

I was just wondering what cake mix are you using and what type of frosting are you mixing up in it? I can't find the Red Velvet cake mix at Doms or Jewel.

The first batch we made was the cake mix with sprinkles in it, and frosting with sprinkles in it. Dipped in Milk chocolate chips melted.

Betty Crocker spice cake mix, about 85% of a tub of BC Cream Cheese frosting and 12oz of Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolates chips melted with 2 Tbsp of canola oil.

I ended up with way more balls than they said, so I ran out of chocolate. They taste just fine when eaten wihout chocolate (or adding the undipped ones to free chocolate ice cream).

Hey, MrsP! Thinking about you....... Just melted chocolate chips for dipping some of my Christmas cookies in! :bliss:

Okay-I was all excited to try these. (Keep in mind, I am not that good of a cook or baker). I formed the balls fine, refrigerated them, then when I tried to dip them they lost their shape (crumbled). Any ideas? The ones I were able to salvage tasted wonderful, but looked horrible. HELP!

Itried tonight with brownies and frosting...and then the powder sugar/milk drizzle. We are going to call it "reindeer Poo", because it looks terrible, but tastes really, really good. (I saw somebody on here made something called Reindeer Poo, but don't remember who or what, sorry!) So I think I am going to make some for work and put some peanuts in there too...LOL.

Okay-I was all excited to try these. (Keep in mind, I am not that good of a cook or baker). I formed the balls fine, refrigerated them, then when I tried to dip them they lost their shape (crumbled). Any ideas? The ones I were able to salvage tasted wonderful, but looked horrible. HELP!

Guessing you didn't mix the frosting thoroughly through so some parts were dry. What did you dip them in? Maybe it was too thick?

I dipped them into melted chocolate chips. I added a bit of oil as someone suggested. I thought I mixed the frosting in well enough.

The only other thing I can think is that we had much better luck when the balls were smaller, if they got too big then I had some problems with them coming apart

Back