What's new

What EASY goodies are you making this holiday?

i make mine with milk, not water...

Powdered Sugar Glaze

Stir together 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth, adding another 1 tablespoon milk, if necessary, for desired consistency

MrsMom just called me and professed her love for me!

MrsMom just called me and professed her love for me!

I did, I did.....I really did! :dance:

Girls she looks all sweet but dolls her voice is all Demi Moore! PuhSHAH!!!! SEXY!

Piggers you do understand that Fiya is gonna be PEE-ISSSED!

I did, I did.....I really did! :dance:

Girls she looks all sweet but dolls her voice is all Demi Moore! PuhSHAH!!!! SEXY!

Piggers you do understand that Fiya is gonna be PEE-ISSSED!

That's OK! I can take her! LMAO!! :lol:

i make mine with milk, not water...

Powdered Sugar Glaze

Stir together 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth, adding another 1 tablespoon milk, if necessary, for desired consistency

Thanks cookie wookie!

That was OLD!! I did it just as you said.... CALMATE.... :lol:

Uhhhhh huh.... I gotchu #!

OMG!! Taylor Laughtner on SNL TONIGHT!!!! :drool:

Did you hear my jacob is on SNL TONIGHT!!! Ahhhhhhhh....YUMMERS!!!!

Did you hear my jacob is on SNL TONIGHT!!! Ahhhhhhhh....YUMMERS!!!!

Um....yes I did. Did you not see my post on the New Moon thread...pfft.....silly gurl.

No Ididn't see it.... :frown: these **** balls have been taking up my night! F-ERS!!!

Did I post this already - too lazy to go back and look. The chocolate morsels worked great. 12oz bag and 2T of canola oil. Throw the lot in a double boiler and whisk smooth once the chocolate is heated through.

My sister and I made about 700 of these last year while she was home. We spent a day - or two - delivering Christmas cards and Oreo Balls.

Oreo Balls
1 package of regular size Oreo cookies, crushed
1-8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 package white almond bark OR
1 package chocolate almond bark

• Directions called for a blender or hand held mixer to crush the cookies. We used a food processor to crush the cookies and then added the cream cheese.
  • Roll into walnut size balls. Put on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
  • Chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
  • Melt chocolate or white almond bark.
  • Dip in chocolate, place on cookie sheet, allow to harden.
  • If you want to make them fancy: When Oreo balls are no longer sticky to the touch, decorate with drizzles of chocolate & white almond bark.
We also made a batch with the peppermint Oreos, we found we had to add additional regular Oreos to get the right consistency.

This is a Paula Deen recipe. I am making this one for the holidays.

Chocolate Toffee

1 ¾ sticks of butter (melted)
1 C sugar
2 Tbsp of water
pinch of salt
1 tsp of vanilla
chopped pecans
1 ½ C Semi Sweet chocolate chips

Mix the butter, sugar, salt and water on medium heat until it reaches 300 to 320 degrees.
Add the vanilla and the pecans, mix and pour over a buttered cookie sheet and let it cool until it gets hard.

On a double boil, melt the chocolate chips and pour over the toffee and let cool again, then break it into pieces and is ready to eat.

Has anyone done the cake balls w/ brownies? I did some searching on the net and it looks like they are using condensed milk and chips to make . . . I don't have the condensed milk . . . .

Funny you say that because I was going to mention trying to use sweetened condensed milk instead of frosting thinking about a cake I had once where you poke a bunch of holes in a baked cake then pour the can of milk over it.....so sweet, moist and delish. I would think it's a little better for you than using frosting.

If I get around to it...peppermint bark...crush some candy canes or starlight mints. Melt some almond bark...stir in the candy...if it tastes too weak, add some peppermint extract...if it looks too much like vomit, add a drop of red food coloring...spread out on foil or marble to cool...break into bite size pieces...you can do the same with spearmint or cinnamon candy...
:lol: laughed hard at that. Thank you :)

Back