What's new

What's For Dinner?

Berrytini, crusty bread with dipping oil, Caprese salad, Marghertia fire oven pizza, chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream.

Recipe for the Ratatouille? or is it something I can just google and any hit will do?

http://cleananddelicious.com/2012/09/06/video-ratatouille-end-of-the-summer-veggie-stew/

I've been getting a number of recipes from this site lately. There is even a video. This was the first time I've ever made ratatouille. I found another recipe for it yesterday that is for the crock pot and it looked like basically the same combo with a few minor changes.

The quinoa and cheddar are not part of the recipe just what I added.

Crockpot Swedish meatballs over egg noodles, roasted cauliflower and fruit tray.

http://cleananddelicious.com/2012/09/06/video-ratatouille-end-of-the-summer-veggie-stew/

I've been getting a number of recipes from this site lately. There is even a video. This was the first time I've ever made ratatouille. I found another recipe for it yesterday that is for the crock pot and it looked like basically the same combo with a few minor changes.

The quinoa and cheddar are not part of the recipe just what I added.

I cook like that a lot, didn't know it has a name.:)

seven layer casserole, salad, and chocolate chip cookies.

tomorrow corn, potato, and bacon soup

wed sirloin steak

thurs cheesy garlic chicken

fri bowtie pasta

just finished making my meal plan for the week :giggles:

Do you make the meatballs? Recipes?

I do make the meatballs. Made them a few weeks ago and froze a couple batches. They are just a basic ground beef, bread crumbs, parm cheese, eggs, seasoning. Then the sauce for the Swedish gravy is 2 cans golden mushroom soup, 1 can beef broth, 1 cup chopped onion, 1 T Worchestire sauce, salt, pepper....cook a few hours on low in the crockpot...30 minutes before serving, add 4 T cream cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream. The recipe called for diced cubed steak which I have done before and was good. Happened to have the meatballs so using those this time.

Final basketball game, so it's Pizza Hut

I do make the meatballs. Made them a few weeks ago and froze a couple batches. They are just a basic ground beef, bread crumbs, parm cheese, eggs, seasoning. Then the sauce for the Swedish gravy is 2 cans golden mushroom soup, 1 can beef broth, 1 cup chopped onion, 1 T Worchestire sauce, salt, pepper....cook a few hours on low in the crockpot...30 minutes before serving, add 4 T cream cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream. The recipe called for diced cubed steak which I have done before and was good. Happened to have the meatballs so using those this time.

I like Swedish meatballs, DH's aunt make them for Thanksgiving, and I usually eat quite a few!

We have Mexican tonight: burrito, Spanish rice, black beans, salsa and chips.

For everyone else...is tongue tacos ....for me zucchini and asparagus and a slim fast shake ....**womp womp womp***

Roasted chickpeas with Indian spices (Everyone loved these. They make a great snack to munch on.)
Curried black bean and sweet potato skillet
baked swiss chard stems
homemade bread

I love coconut oil! I spread it on the bread and it is really good. Of course, I happen to love coconut. The oil spread like butter and has a mild coconut taste. I bought the organic extra virgin type from Amazon - Nutiva, I think. Yum!

For everyone else...is tongue tacos ....for me zucchini and asparagus and a slim fast shake ....**womp womp womp***
Are they any good? I've never had anything like that. What does it taste like? Just curious.

I created something

Middle Eastern shepherds pie, Rolf

I wanted shepherds pie but the seasoning is too dull for dh Soooooo...... Kefta on the bottom with tomatoes and onion slices and garlic sautéed together for the next layer, a layer of peas, then Country crock potatoes on top with butter dots.

Yum!

Pan enchiladas, chips & guacamole, cantaloupe, blueberry banana bread.

Cream of potato soup, rolls are rising and maybe cupcakes for dessert if I make them.

Mango and chickpea brown rice salad, roasted acorn squash stuffed with mushroom and sage, beets, honey custard for dessert

My DH is working late tonight so I don't have to cook dinner! ;-)

Will just heat up leftover chicken for the kids and I will eat whatever I feel like whenever I get hungry.

Back