What's new

What's For Dinner?

Bonnie that sounds good, what's all in it??

Hi Kathy... I cheat and use the McCormick recipe card inspirations (all the spices) then it calls for 1lb gr. beef, 1/2 c chopped onion, 2 cans tomato sauce, 1 c black beans,1 can corn, 1 can chopped green chiles, flour tortillas and 2 c cheddar cheese....we all love it except for DS18, but he won't eat anything. You just layer all the above and bake it...will have rice with it.

Teryaki orange pork chops (crockpot)

1 c orange juice
3 tbsp apricot jam (could be orange, whatever)
3 tbsp soy sauce
about 1/4 c of micro grated ginger (1 tbsp?-ish of ginger powder)
1 whole garlic head, minced (about 2 tbsp from jar)

Stir all that wet stuff together in the crockpot.

Sear off the chops in a HOT pan.

Put chops in crockpot. The liquid will smoosh around to cover them up.

Cook 8 hours on low or 3-4 on high (low is better, they get more tender).

We will serve this over steamed veggie.

DS15 is making dinner. Trying to give him more life skills and responsibilities. His menu is cheeseburgers, fries, cantaloupe, chocolate shakes, and brownies with hot fudge sauce for dessert. Maybe a little overkill on the chocolate. But, I don't have to make dinner! :cartwheel:

DS15 is making dinner. Trying to give him more life skills and responsibilities. His menu is cheeseburgers, fries, cantaloupe, chocolate shakes, and brownies with hot fudge sauce for dessert. Maybe a little overkill on the chocolate. But, I don't have to make dinner! :cartwheel:

I like that he added in cantaloupe to make it seem healthy. :giggles:

I defrosted some meatloaf burgers I made a few weeks ago. Will make some mashed potatoes also.

Making frozen pizza for the kiddos and then DH and I are going out to dinner :)

Val...that must have been a reaaaaalllly good shower!!!!

Portabella bacon cheeseburgers
Onion rings
Fries
Strawberry banana yogurt smoothies

"Homemade" corndogs & fries are in the oven for the kiddos. (Mini cornmuffins w/ hot dogs inside...we'll see...) DD14 is sick. DH is busting his **** in th eattic, so I think I will thrill him with Culvers. He will be quite happy with his triple burger heart attack meal he only gets a few times a year lately. ;) I'm leaning towards a lovely salad for myself.

Steve- report back on the pot roast! It looks so good! If you give it 4 ****'s I'll try it this week. :)

Round steak & baked potatoes...

Potroast is done-ish......time to add the dumplings!!!

pot-roast2done_zps0b82952c.jpg
[/IMG]

Making these...

crock-pot-beef-stew.jpg

I think I'm starting to purr....and drool!!! :lol:

44610821couscous1.jpg

More or less.

Steve I think I just had a foodgasm.

Barb are those pickles in that dish?! :eek:

Zucchini or similar squash. Traditionally they peel them every 1/4 inch or so lengthwise.

We used zucchini, carrots, cabbage, pumpkin squash, and veal chunks. (along with the onions, tomato, cilantro etc...for the sauce)

Ratatouille (eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, onions, & garlic) served over quinoa and topped with cheddar. Kind of reminds me of Barb's pic above, but without the meat. Vanilla Greek yogurt with strawberries and bananas for dessert. I will say the kids were not pleased with all those chunks of squash, but they ate it.

Slack away.....dh makes the couscous around here.

I did peel 6 tomatoes and peeled and cored 4 carrots though. ;-)

Ratatouille (eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, onions, & garlic) served over quinoa and topped with cheddar. Kind of reminds me of Barb's pic above, but without the meat. Vanilla Greek yogurt with strawberries and bananas for dessert. I will say the kids were not pleased with all those chunks of squash, but they ate it.

Recipe for the Ratatouille? or is it something I can just google and any hit will do?

Back