What's new

When would you like a child?

Kirk

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Sometime in my mid or late 20's would be nice, but it all depends on the situation at the time.

How about you?

I suppose late 20s would be good. I doubt very seriously my life would be at all stable until then. Assuming I have someone, like a husband, that is.
Although according to my sister, nanny (grandmother), mother, and father, I'm never producing children ever - even though I have stated a billion times already that I would like children one day.

Pfft, there is so much wrong with how they rag on me because I'll "never have children" that it would take too long to explain. No matter how much I insist though, they still think I wont have any for some reason. I think they think I'll never find a husband.
Yeah, well, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Also they act like alternative options will break the bank or something, but I'm all like "yeah, and how much do people spend on baby stuff anyway?"
They also act like adoption is out of the question or that I "wouldn't want to adopt", not really, and that I'm "just saying that". Ugh...

Truthfully I think adoption would be better for me. Pregnancy, and a good year after it, wouldn't be good for me or the kid. For medical reasons.

Still, late 20s all the same.

If i could just pick an age, i'd choose 21. But life doesnt allow it. Life's not stabelized, we go to uni.... stuff like that

i don't really want kids, but if i ever end up with some i'd prefer it being after being married or in a very stable relationship.

I would pretty much have one now - but I haven't got a stable relationship or the money :eek:

Never. I'm not interested in having children. While my bodily clock might go "BEEP BEEP BEEP GO HAVE SOME BABIES" later in life, the presence or absence of such an urge isn't the only thing that factors into the decision.

My daughter will be born while I'm 23 and my husband 24.
IMO this is a good time for us. We're young, stable, energetic etc.
She'll be going off to college or moving out when we're in our early 40s and still young enough to enjoy other things in life, like travelling.

I'd prefer to have a child in my mid 20's or late 20's. Anything later than that. No. (Or maybe. I'd not prefer it, though.)
I don't want to be all old and tired when my child turns 18. I want to be very active in their lives and I want to be fully able to do all the things I want without having to worry about health issues or being a nuisance because of my old age.

I'll probably want kids in my mid-20's/late-20's. Can't imagine having kids any sooner than that, and I wouldn't want kids any earlier.

I'd like to ideally have my children before I turn 30. Although a lot of women do give birth to healthy babies well into their 30s and 40s, there are more risks involved as women age.

Well am getting married a year this coming September, so hopefully (fingers and everything else crossed) we will be trying for a family very soon after.

I certainly hope to have a family before am thirty, as I very much want to be a "Young Mum".

when i'm married and have my own house (or renting) and have financial stability
i don't want to bring up a child when i'm hardly secure myself!

Back