What's new

Will Tiger Woods ever reach the top again?

I don't think that because he won 1 cup it means he will be at the top again.

His competitors will fear him once again if he wins another major. He will never dominate golf like he did 10 years ago, but he will be challenging for majors if he stays injury free.

I'm sure that Tiger will bounce back soon. The celebrity scandal will blow over and he will bounce back. It's done all of the time. I think this type of thing is easier to forgive for men, but if it was a female sports figure then I wouldn't say she had a chance. That's so unfair, but the sad truth. Tiger will see his glory days again soon.

I think that Tiger will never reach a similar point to his Tiger Slam, or really anything more than one of the four majors a year. The reason I think this is simply because the mental nature of golf. Woods' recent drought has had a huge effect on both his mental ability on the course, as well as how other players see him. While Tiger was (obviously) far and away the best golfer, the gap has been erased. Rory McIlroy or Luke Donald don't fear him or see him as unbeatable, which mentally makes him all the more beatable.

Meanwhile, Tiger has obviously faced numerous setbacks. He no longer has the gravitas or confidence that he once had. I do hope he can compete at the upcoming Masters, because golf is more fun with him in the running.

His competitors will fear him once again if he wins another major. He will never dominate golf like he did 10 years ago, but he will be challenging for majors if he stays injury free.

Now that injury idea is a real issue to consider! His age is still with him and if he gets his head on straight he might be feared is right.

I think that Tiger will never reach a similar point to his Tiger Slam, or really anything more than one of the four majors a year. The reason I think this is simply because the mental nature of golf. Woods' recent drought has had a huge effect on both his mental ability on the course, as well as how other players see him. While Tiger was (obviously) far and away the best golfer, the gap has been erased. Rory McIlroy or Luke Donald don't fear him or see him as unbeatable, which mentally makes him all the more beatable.

Meanwhile, Tiger has obviously faced numerous setbacks. He no longer has the gravitas or confidence that he once had. I do hope he can compete at the upcoming Masters, because golf is more fun with him in the running.

If Tiger can zone in as he had in the past he could possibly be climbing again. that is if he can blot out the others completely. He got a win, which was an easy one for him, I grant you, so now he needs to get on the side of the mountain and scale it. Time will let us all see Tiger's true comeback or not.

I'm sure that Tiger will bounce back soon. The celebrity scandal will blow over and he will bounce back. It's done all of the time. I think this type of thing is easier to forgive for men, but if it was a female sports figure then I wouldn't say she had a chance. That's so unfair, but the sad truth. Tiger will see his glory days again soon.

Yes, a little lop sided with a man verses a woman in a spot like this. Tiger Woods is working to those glory days you mentioned, I am sure. You have some solid thinking in your statements. thank you!:doh:

My thoughts exactly. Just because he bagged one title it does not mean Tiger is going on to win every Major.

He's getting om a little now so those bones are a little stiffer.

Did Tiger Woods see the last of the top of the mountain in golf? Will he ever get to the pinacle once more or will he surface every once in a while and keep going down the list of "best" golfers?

As long as has his past behind him and he stays focus, then might be back on top. But I am glad that he is back though.

Well I am not into golf much, but I heard the crazy stories about him.
He was a good player, hope he will get the same.

Winning a cup gave him some confidence to keep striving to keep winning. Tiger is more in competition with others than I think he is with himself, so that one win put a feather in his cap. Yes, I agree it is a long way to the top for Tiger Woods.

Well I am not into golf much, but I heard the crazy stories about him.
He was a good player, hope he will get the same.

The media made sure everyone heard the stories about Tiger Woods. The trail dogs were all over his every move so anyone at least listening to any sports knew what he did. He was unbeatable at one time and for a long time too.

If you ask me about Tiger Wood on top again I'd say he will have another chance to do that. He is one of the best we've seen and frankly, we can't just forget about him. He is legendary and so is his play. If he strives for the top again again he can get it back in a heart beat! Lets hope for the best!

If you ask me about Tiger Wood on top again I'd say he will have another chance to do that. He is one of the best we've seen and frankly, we can't just forget about him. He is legendary and so is his play. If he strives for the top again again he can get it back in a heart beat! Lets hope for the best!

He is working the clubs in the right direction now, so we will see what his attitude is on the green.

He is not older! As far as golfers go he is in his prime at 36. I think he just seems old because he has been in the PGA for so long. They say say that golfers play best when they are between 34 and 40. Lets not forget that Phil is five years older than him too, and playing fairly well.

He can still make plenty of runs at the #1 ranking.

Tiger Woods is at the helm. He has what it takes because we all saw that on a consistant basis. He needs to feel good about himself and keep climbing. Something about an attitide in golf that seems to pass all other components. He has to get his attitude back into the king spot.

I think Tiger will reach the top. He will most likely win the Masters, and after that he will hopefully get on a hot streak. He has been working on his swing and it looks better than ever. Tiger works hard at his game, and he is not going to continue to lose.

Tiger made it to the top last Sunday. Why wouldn't he be able to do it again?

Back