your favorite cartoon?

spidergoolash

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
here's mine:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/spaceghost/index.html

and here's his disclaimer:

"Attention, all possessors of eyeballs who also have reading skills! These clowns are up to no good. You won't find a single useful thing on this page, so I urge you to do something else. Start a Space Ghost fan club, for instance. Did that ever occur to you? No, it didn't. Because you're not that kind of fan, are you? It's all about what Space Ghost can do for you. You all make me sick."

------------------
"it's easier to stay out than get out"

[Edited by spidergoolash @ May 25, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

Right now, no contest: The Family Guy. Has me in stitches everytime I watch it.

All time: I'd have to say the top 3 are Rocky & Bullwinkle, The Simpsons, and Battle of the Planets (aka Jason and the Argonauts).

I can pull some ancient crap out of a hat if you want, like Turbo Teen, The Mighty Orbots, Magilla Gorilla, stuff they don't even show on The Cartoon Network.

BTW, if anyone knows where I can find episodes of Battle of The Planets, PLEASE let me know.

------------------
From another BBS:
"hmm... Cyrix III, huh? You can put syrup on sh*t, but that don't make it pancakes."

Transformers
Thundercats
M.A.S.K.
He-Man
G.I. Joe
Voltron
X-Men
Those are some of my favorites from my childhood. I still watch though when I catch them.

ah yes, all good. johny quest is another favorite here.

------------------

i grew up watching the old one, but i catch the new one w/my son whenever i can.

------------------

I'm into anime so..

1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Gundam Wing
3. Macros
and the not anime
1. Futurama
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
smile.gif

------------------
"Democracy used to be a good thing, but now it has gotten into the wrong hands."

How 'bout Ren 'n Stimpy, Simpsons, and my most favorite cartoon of all time... Danger Mouse! Do they still show Danger Mouse anywhere? I haven't seen it for at least 15 years or so. It used to be on Nickelodeon all the time.

-bp

How about Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse? Those guys were the best. The Frog was the best cartoon villian short of Boris and Natasha.

------------------
From another BBS:
"hmm... Cyrix III, huh? You can put syrup on sh*t, but that don't make it pancakes."

dragonball(not just z!), simpsons, the critic, futurama, duckman, beast wars and reboot!!! (if you concider those cartoons
smile.gif
)

------------------
http://www.moonsee.com

omg, how could i forget the flintstones? what's the matter w/me ...

------------------

yes
good point
now that i'm older i have a new appreciation for the flintstones and looney tunes
i watch it and enjoy it a lot more
smile.gif

------------------
http://www.moonsee.com

ITS ALL ABOUT THE SIMPSONS BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Then we got(in no order) the shows i watch in my free time:
southpark, futurama, family guy, the critic, duckman, dilber, clerks, pjs, king of the hill, pokemon(i'm not proud), teenage mutant ninja turtles, animaniacs, pinky and the brain, bugs bunny cartoons and thats pretty much it.

alot of cartoons you say well i have about 25 hours of freetime a day so it works out.

------------------
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

"Hard work pays off later laziness pays off now"

"D'oh!"

I've seen every episode of DuckTales and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I also have all but one card of the TMNT collector's card collection, anyone have card [edit]#76[/edit]??)

------------------
"Should I call you Logan, WeaponX?"

[Edited by nootch @ June 08, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

that's a classic early 80s gem - and what a soundtrack.

i remember when i was about 15 and this was playing at the movies. i wanted to go see it in the worst way. my father was pissed cuz he knew parts of it were pretty raunchy. i went anyway
reddevil.gif
needless to say, he was not a happy camper ...

------------------

I liked about 90% of the ones previously mentioned, especially Woody Woodpecker, Heckyl & Jeckyl, Battle of the Planets/G-Force, GIJoe, Transformers, He-Man (remember the second He-Man series around 1990 that lasted 1 1/2 seasons? Wasn't bad either but quite different, I have tapes), Heathcliff, Garfield, Smurfs (before they met too many **** humans!), as well as all the classic looney tunes cartoons. I watched about 5 hours of saturday stuff every week in the 80's, and probably the same during the late 70's, but more loony tunes and woody woodpecker back then!

I'll toss a couple of new ones in that were cool.. Dungeons & Dragons (they already wrapped up a movie with the same name coming out soon) and Saturday Superstars. They had Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Frogger, Q*Bert, Pac-man, all in the same 2 hour block.
smile.gif

...and they ain't cartoons, but how can you forget Sid & Marty Kroftt shows from the 70's? (They reran in the 80's for a few years too).. The first collection made it to DVD: HR PufNStuff

I recommend these shows, they were alot of fun, especially Land of the Lost (the second one resurrected in the 90's was bad), Sigmund The Sea Monster, Hatville, and Space Nuts (with Gilligan!)

(sung): "Marshall, Will, & Holly.. On a routine expedition.. Met the greatest earthquake every knowwwwwwwwwwn."
lol.gif

------------------
Alien - Administrator / Owner
["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

aren't you forgetting chakka?

------------------

While Land of the Lost was awesome, it wasn't exactly a cartoon.
smile.gif

On a quasi-cartoon tangent, I'm probably the only Athiest who got a routine kick out of Davey and Goliath. That show was awesome in a very Gumby/California Raisins kinda way.
(in a dopey voice)"Davey, I don't think you should be high on smack."

Just saw Dogma about 2 weeks ago, and the funniest line in the movie was when Azrael was holding everyone captive in the bar, and mentions watching TV when Jay yells out "Channel 9. Davey and Goliath".
Not only having that type of reference, but the mere suggestion of having a demon watch a pro-Christian children's show had me rolling.
lol.gif

------------------
From another BBS:

Back