What's new

Are you where you thought you would be

rantingredneck said:
pulpfiction.jpg

"English Mother ****er! Do you Speak It???
That would be you two

Except I stuck with that southern sterotype

you know a couple john deer hats and some budweiser shirts

:p

Kyp said:
That would be you two

I can't stand Budweiser, but John Deere is good people..............:lol:

Kyp said:
That would be you two

:Crylol:

rantingredneck said:
I can't stand Budweiser, but John Deere is good people..............:lol:
but Budweiser is good :(

****. I missed a good thread. As for the original topic, most of us will not remain in the same career for our whole lives.

I was an Electrical Engineer for 7 years, and went back to school and got a Masters in Accounting, and am now a CPA. What's next? I don't know.

****ers

and just how do you two know what horse piss taste like :huh:

Kyp said:
Good thing you didn't wear a hat like that in chicago, I would have punched you in the mouth

And to show how much you paid attention, I did. :lol:

I'm getting there, although I still have a long way to go.

I've only been out of university for two years now, and I've gained a ton of somewhat practical experience in those two years. I'm already beginning to look for a new job at a different company, due to a number of issues with my current position. I feel pretty confident that I can work my way up quickly.

However...I feel like I have this really great idea floating around in my head - one that would help achieve that step from being comfortable, but not extremely successful (in terms of money, that is). The problem is I can get those thoughts to settle down...so I have no clue what said idea is! I know that sounds kind of odd...but I really feel like if I could just collect my thoughts I could come up with something good. Hopefully one of these days I can sort it out.

Of course, I realize money isn't everything...there are a lot of other things in my life I need to work on as well. But aside from work, I'd say I'm in a pretty good place right now, and very much still young enough to take some time to figure things out.

Kyp said:
****ers

and just how do you two know what horse piss taste like :huh:

it has the same consistency and color as budweiser -- you do the math.

plus, why do you think they parade those Clydesdales around, eh?

lc69hunter said:
Kyp told us...:D
:huh:

Eison said:
And to show how much you paid attention, I did. :lol:
I must have blocked it out to avoid bood shed :p

Samiam said:
I'm getting there, although I still have a long way to go.

I've only been out of university for two years now, and I've gained a ton of somewhat practical experience in those two years. I'm already beginning to look for a new job at a different company, due to a number of issues with my current position. I feel pretty confident that I can work my way up quickly.

However...I feel like I have this really great idea floating around in my head - one that would help achieve that step from being comfortable, but not extremely successful (in terms of money, that is). The problem is I can get those thoughts to settle down...so I have no clue what said idea is! I know that sounds kind of odd...but I really feel like if I could just collect my thoughts I could come up with something good. Hopefully one of these days I can sort it out.

Of course, I realize money isn't everything...there are a lot of other things in my life I need to work on as well. But aside from work, I'd say I'm in a pretty good place right now, and very much still young enough to take some time to figure things out.
thats cool and I hope you figure things out.

I'm getting to that point where I need to decide if I want to keep doing what I do for a living or make a career change.

Which ever is the most lazy route is the one i'll probably go with :p

Kyp said:
I'm getting to that point where I need to decide if I want to keep doing what I do for a living or make a career change.

Which ever is the most lazy route is the one i'll probably go with :p

doing what you're doing and staying where are you are will always be the easiest. Change is difficult, but I think the only way to really advance, both financially and in terms of responsibility is to change jobs.

There are, of course, stories of guys coming up through the ranks -- like the new NFL commissioner, but I think they are the exception rather than the rule, especially in today's business climate.

mark said:
doing what you're doing and staying where are you are will always be the easiest. Change is difficult, but I think the only way to really advance, both financially and in terms of responsibility is to change jobs.

There are, of course, stories of guys coming up through the ranks -- like the new NFL commissioner, but I think they are the exception rather than the rule, especially in today's business climate.
Well I think theres still plenty of room for me to grown in the field I'm in, still a couple years of stuff I could use to pick up at the company I'm at now. Really until this year I never gave much thought to What I'll be doing the rest of my life now it's become a much bigger concern to me and the importance of that choice.

Kyp said:
Well I think theres still plenty of room for me to grown in the field I'm in, still a couple years of stuff I could use to pick up at the company I'm at now. Really until this year I never gave much thought to What I'll be doing the rest of my life now it's become a much bigger concern to me and the importance of that choice.

I'm not saying switch fields -- I'm saying switching jobs within that field. That's how you get the big salary and title bump-ups. Or at least -- playing one job off against another.

But don't fret if you haven't figured it out yet. I'm gonna be 44 and I'm about to embark on a career/life change.

mark said:
I'm not saying switch fields -- I'm saying switching jobs within that field. That's how you get the big salary and title bump-ups. Or at least -- playing one job off against another.

But don't fret if you haven't figured it out yet. I'm gonna be 44 and I'm about to embark on a career/life change.
Oh I thought you meant careers.

I'm pretty **** close to the hourly $$$ limit they'll go, but theres still a lot I could learn before leaving that would help me go some where else.

and I think you will be successful as a teacher

Back