What's new

How old do I look, really?

I guess I really need someone to go shopping with me. I hope my sister has time when she is here.

When is she coming and for how long? How's Penelope?

Penelope is great, thanks for asking. They are all coming for a week for Christmas, then going to Florida for two weeks (my BIL's brother is getting married), then back here for a few days. They are going to be really busy though with appointments and stuff, and of course they will have to adjust to the 12-hour time difference. So I don't know if we'll have any time to go shopping.

It's a busy time of year as it is. Add all that travel and you've got one hectic mess. Hopefully you'll be able to hit a few sales with her.

Ask a girl from work to go with you! There must be someone there you like?

I asked my mom if I was warm or cool, and she said cool, so I think that you are right that I am a summer. My hair naturally has very very slight red highlights though, so that fact throws me a little. It's only noticeable in certain light though. So now I know what kind of colors to look for. I just need help with styles.

As for styles, the link canadia posted had a section on style and body type that looked helpful. If you take pics of things you try on, I'm sure we can help you with whether you should buy something or keep looking.

I still think you should still try on lots of colors to see that there is a difference when you put your better colors on, and to get a feel what your best colors are. You can have very, very slight red highlights and be a summer (I also have very slight red highlights, only in a certain light, but I'm still a winter). I don't think you are a "cool" summer (from the link canadia posted), but there are 2 other varieties of summer. And you're right, summer is cool colors. I suspect the Captain was speaking ;)

mrsmom -- I think you should share what's going on. asshats be damned, there are lots of people here who care.

Okay, sorry to bug you all again, but I really need help with shoes. I have no idea what kind of shoes to buy. I need brown casual shoes. I don't really like anything with a heel, but a slight heal might be okay. Right now I have a pair of Clarks clogs, but they are getting kind of worn.

Can't go wrong with Penny Loafers...I have a couple of pairs of Propets, but I go for comfort, not for looks? Didn't you get those shoes from JCPenney? I think they're still having free shipping on shoes.

Can't go wrong with Penny Loafers...I have a couple of pairs of Propets, but I go for comfort, not for looks? Didn't you get those shoes from JCPenney? I think they're still having free shipping on shoes.

Yes, I got them. I just don't think I like them enough to wear every day.

http://www.zappos.com/fitzwell-jenn-brown-calf
397142-p-DETAILED.jpg

The second ones are definitely better, but would not win you any points w/ Stacy and Cinton from What Not to Wear.

I think the clogs are cute, but personally could never wear an open shoe like that in the wintertime - spring or fall maybe.

Okay, what kind of shoe do you think they would like?

Something not so heavy looking, youthful, but age appropriate. Are you looking for something without a heel?

Something not so heavy looking, youthful, but age appropriate. Are you looking for something without a heel?

Yes, something without a heel or with only a slight heel. I don't really like heels. I am just at a loss as to what to buy.

Back