What's new

How old do I look, really?

Stacy and Clinton would drag me by my ponytailed hair and smack me with my fleece tops I just bought from Old Navy while shoving my sneakers in my mouth and tying me up with the makeup products I rarely ever use.

:) But I love that show.

But in my defense, I don't think Stacy or Clinton travel like I do for work in 20 degree (so far) weather...so bla!

I'm glad you guys like the pea coat. I guess I can take the tags off of it now. It was kind of an impulse buy, but I needed a new coat. I would really love some suggestions of cute tops that I could buy. Anyone?

I like it. Personally I'd go w/the gray, but the purple is nice too. Brighter on a cold, dark winter's day.

gray is not your color. Go with that purple; maybe that green. If you want to look your best, with your coloring I'd recommend avoiding black, pure white, grays that don't have a hint of another color, deep colors and jewel tones as they will overpower you and drain all the color from your face. You'll look better in off white and best in lighter colors (probably cool light colors, but I'm not 100% on that), especially when you wear them near your face (so if you like to wear gray, invest in some bright scarves).

Has anyone ever told you you're a summer? What color are your eyes? What colors do you seem to get compliments in? color does matter :)

I was going to say the white, purple or green.

Liz,by the time this thread of posts end-you're going to look like you're a 100yo.

gray is not your color. Go with that purple; maybe that green. If you want to look your best, with your coloring I'd recommend avoiding black, pure white, grays that don't have a hint of another color, deep colors and jewel tones as they will overpower you and drain all the color from your face. You'll look better in off white and best in lighter colors (probably cool light colors, but I'm not 100% on that), especially when you wear them near your face (so if you like to wear gray, invest in some bright scarves).

Has anyone ever told you you're a summer? What color are your eyes? What colors do you seem to get compliments in? color does matter :)

Hmm, I don't really like the purple, maybe I'll get the green. I think I like the black best though. I don't know what season I am. Someone once told me if I looked better in warm or cool colors, but I forget now what they said. My eyes are greenish, but maybe could be called hazel. Thanks for telling me all of that!

Liz,by the time this thread of posts end-you're going to look like you're a 100yo.

Even with my new hairstyle, people are still shocked when I tell them how old I am. I guess it didn't really work to make me look older, but I still like it.

I haven't had a change to check all the links to items that you've posted, but I'm really excited that you're challenging yourself a little more and stepping even futher out of your comfort zone. That's really great progress and I'm proud of you!

Hmm, I don't really like the purple, maybe I'll get the green. I think I like the black best though. I don't know what season I am. Someone once told me if I looked better in warm or cool colors, but I forget now what they said. My eyes are greenish, but maybe could be called hazel. Thanks for telling me all of that!

the purple might be a little dark for you; it's hard to say without seeing you in it.

There are divisions within the color seasons -- I am a deep winter; my husband is a bright winter; we have a lot of the same colors we look good in, but he looks better in bright blue and bright green whereas I can wear dark brown and brick red. every single person is unique, so the seasons are generalizations, but I think it's a good idea to know what you are and to keep the season palette in the back of your mind while you shop. If you try to stick to 'your' colors, you'll always wear your best colors and all your clothes will (mostly) coordinate too.

does your skin get at all tan when you've been in the sun? What colors of lipstick, eye shadow and eyeliner did the makeup consultant set you up with? if you have the names of the colors I can check them out and see if she thought you are warm or cool.. do you look better in rose or peach? dusty colors or bright colors?

the purple might be a little dark for you; it's hard to say without seeing you in it.

There are divisions within the color seasons -- I am a deep winter; my husband is a bright winter; we have a lot of the same colors we look good in, but he looks better in bright blue and bright green whereas I can wear dark brown and brick red. every single person is unique, so the seasons are generalizations, but I think it's a good idea to know what you are and to keep the season palette in the back of your mind while you shop. If you try to stick to 'your' colors, you'll always wear your best colors and all your clothes will (mostly) coordinate too.

does your skin get at all tan when you've been in the sun? What colors of lipstick, eye shadow and eyeliner did the makeup consultant set you up with? if you have the names of the colors I can check them out and see if she thought you are warm or cool.. do you look better in rose or peach? dusty colors or bright colors?

Gall-darn it. What DON'T you know? Color palettes, blood platelets - potato, potahto... Throw in a little baseball and you're one well-rounded chickadee! Or "broad" as we Chicagoans like to say. :)

yeah I do have a big mouth sometimes.

I know nothing about a lot of things: football, plumbing, doing anything in moderation, and best of all, how to deal with my in-laws :surrender: but clothes are something you wear every single day (most of us anyway), so why not buy the colors you're going to look best in?

:hides: my mom had my colors professionally done when I was like 12.

I don't tan much, I usually burn. She just said to stay away from peach blush. I'm not sure if I look better in dusty colors or bright colors. Thanks for your help!

I think I will buy the Old Navy sweater in green the next time I am there. Does anyone have any links to other clothes that I can check out? My wardrobe really needs some help.

Back