What's new

How old do I look, really?

I also bought some earrings today and some better eye shadow and eye liner. I bought black eye liner. Should I have bought brown? I so don't know about stuff like this.
they do make-overs at Ulta, try it with one of the BAs there. JCP and Dillards does the same thing so take your pick and see.

Do Ulta stores have stylists? I think our Ulta store near here is new. I am going to get the highlights and lowlights too, so that is what will be expensive. I don't think we have Trade Secrets.
Yes, and if you're choosing the senior stylists, you pay more.

If you have the funds, go splurge a bit on yourself. The increase in your self esteem may come out priceless and you might just like yourself and your new look :giggles:

Here's one more where I have on lipstick, but I think it's either too much or the wrong shade:

IMG_0567.jpg

I think you look stunning here, and in your mid-20s.

You are a very pretty girl. Add some confidence and a toothy smile, you got it going on!

Liz, I notice you have clear skin. that is an asset by itself since you don't have to use heavy foundation and concealers to hide pockmarks and zits.

just try one of the make over sessions and see if you'd like what they recommend.

I have gone to Ulta and had their make overs-
It can be fun--every person does it different--I had had urban d and then bare minerals etc (I dont wear make up because I am just bad at putting it on) I took my daughters so they could learn--and we had fun with it--we took pictures and then laughed
You have to be specific though--I let them know I don't wear make u p and I wanted to ease into it
The person that did bare minerals did just that --the urban d. person decided I needed bright peacock blue eye shadow (NOT)
They did my daughters just great, my girlfriend and nieces just great--and then for me--bright blue--VERY WRONG_--so take pictures--get opinions and don't be afraid to try again
If you don't want to cut at first--most places wont charge for opinions--or if they do for a consultation--it is minimal--call around and ask if they charge for consultations--
get a few--and then see what matches up.
My oldest daughter has the prettiest shade of blonde hair--it is long but she always wears it in a pony tail--she just turned 21 and everyone thinks she is 14--until they hear she is in college then they guess 18
She doesn't want to cut her hair until it gets to a certain length to donate it as a whole-
I use to have her wear bangs--fought her growing it out--now I can't imagine her going back to bangs.
Yes, she would do great to do something different--but we taught her early on to be happy with who she is--and then she can decide what she wants--if someone is only going to like her because of her hair--are they worth it?
Now I know it is different for you,. because of work etc--and if you want to meet someone--it can be hard--but maybe try something different for social purposes, sign up for a park district class-or a bowling league--where you can meet someone your age.
Good luck and keep us posted--

Liz, I notice you have clear skin. that is an asset by itself since you don't have to use heavy foundation and concealers to hide pockmarks and zits.

just try one of the make over sessions and see if you'd like what they recommend.

I don't really have clear skin. I have a few zits and a few acne scars, but they are not too bad. I am going to try the bare minerals makeover and see if I like that stuff. I hate paying so much money for makeup though, but I'll do it.

You don't know how much that would cost do you? I would totally do it, but I'm worried about how much it would cost. I need to go to the dermatologist to get some moles looked at anyway, so I was planning on asking.

I went to a dermatologist and had some age spots/large freckles removed from my face and it wasn't that expensive. And it was so quick and soooooo worth it. I don't know why I lived with them as long as I did. They haven't returned either and I had them removed over 2 years ago. Before you make an appointment with a dermatologist, make sure they have the laser equipment that can remove these spots.

I went to a dermatologist and had some age spots/large freckles removed from my face and it wasn't that expensive. And it was so quick and soooooo worth it. I don't know why I lived with them as long as I did. They haven't returned either and I had them removed over 2 years ago. Before you make an appointment with a dermatologist, make sure they have the laser equipment that can remove these spots.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Okay, so I have two questions. One, do I just call the Ulta store number for a hair appointment, or is there another number for that? And two, how much should I tip for a cut and highlights? It is going to cost $130.

Okay, so I have two questions. One, do I just call the Ulta store number for a hair appointment, or is there another number for that? And two, how much should I tip for a cut and highlights? It is going to cost $130.

I always tip 20% so I would give her $25. But you could easily give her $20.
I also agree with everyone else. I think you need to lighten up your hair and it will make a world of difference. I think the color is too drab for you. If you lighten it up a little I bet a lot of guys will be asking you if you did something different! :) You are looking to catch the attention of guys---this will help!

Oh, and I definitely agree with shorter(not short) with layers.

I always tip 20% so I would give her $25. But you could easily give her $20.
I also agree with everyone else. I think you need to lighten up your hair and it will make a world of difference. I think the color is too drab for you. If you lighten it up a little I bet a lot of guys will be asking you if you did something different! :) You are looking to catch the attention of guys---this will help!

Oh, and I definitely agree with shorter(not short) with layers.

Thanks! Should I do highlights and lowlights, or just highlights? I definitely want some red in there. And I am going to get some layers, but none that are too short. All of the layers need to be long enough to be pulled back.

Here is me before work. How do I look here? I am getting my hair and makeup done on Tuesday, so I will post an after picture then.

2010-10-2414-24-45696.jpg

Do they do eyebrow waxing at Ulta? It's not on their salon menu. I'm not doing very well with tweezing them myself.

Thanks! Should I do highlights and lowlights, or just highlights? I definitely want some red in there. And I am going to get some layers, but none that are too short. All of the layers need to be long enough to be pulled back.

I would ask your hair person shes trained to know what would look good, I thnk you need change but you dont wanna look like a diff person

Dang, it takes forever to see a dermatologist. I am scheduled for an appointment in January.

I wouldn't do red on your blonde hair. I would do highlights and lowlights underneath.

Plus red is the hardest color to get out or dye over. Well at least with my hair it was.

I wouldn't do red on your blonde hair. I would do highlights and lowlights underneath.

Plus red is the hardest color to get out or dye over. Well at least with my hair it was.

I just want it to look a little bit more strawberry-blondish (it's only very slightly strawberry blonde now, and only in certain light). I think that red tends to fade pretty fast anyway, at least it has for me. I'll talk to the stylist though.

Back