What's new

In need of some advice

I am used to referring to people as he or she so sometimes I make that error.

The best advice I could give anyone about anything (short of situations that involve actual violence) is: let it all roll off your back. You will save yourself tons of unneccessary grief.

Here is my take:

At least the guy was up front with you about his intentions. He didn't try to slip her his number and meet up with your friend behind your back. He didn't get caught sneaking around with someone else. He told you flat out what he intended to do, though he may not have employed much tact in how he did it. To this end he acted much more honorably than your average dog. But at the end of the day he is still a dog.

I wouldn't be too hard on the guy. Tell him that you appreciate his honesty in telling you about his intentions with the other woman, but that being the case you no longer wish to pursue a relationship with him in a sexual manner. Considering that he was upfront with you I am sure he will appreciate you being upfront with him in similar fashion.

I mean lets be honest here, he didn't betray you or stab you in the back, he told you straight out how it was going to be. Time for a friendly parting of the ways.

Maybe your right, but I could still understand why someone would be pissed off after telling a person they want to date you then asking if you can leave so they could move in on your friend. Thats me I would be pissed but then on the other hand others might not get angry.

I am actually not as pissed off as I was at first. I have talked it through with my roomie and she knows that I am not mad at her and she actually justs wished that I would have said something when all three of us were in the house so she could have said something to him. He has been calling none stop now, and I have turned him down for me coming over to his house. He said he wont be able to call til Friday and wants to talk things out and where he went wrong.... so I am going to stand up for myself and tell him whats what. :)

Well that is good you are turning him down, if you were not good enough for him then he will never be. Better men exist, just takes time to find them.

You are all totally off the mark on this one.

This is enitrely HER fault. She agreed to the terms of the relationship then gets angry when the terms are enforced. They started as F-buddies and he has every right in the world to want to hang otu with other girls.

He didn't ask her permission to bang her roomate... he asked for her to leave so they could hang out and possible start an ACTUAL relationship rather then an f-buddy stance.

No it isn't. When one starts talking about forming relationship it's immediately obvious that your not after someone else.

Besides to go after someone's friend is wrong...not to mention unfair. It is rude to say it is entirely her fault. Because it isn't. She stated that she was upset about it, she didn't want you accusing her and saying it was her fault that that man decided he was going to 'talk' to her friend while they were discussing forming a relationship.

RQN1234 said:
Here is my take:

At least the guy was up front with you about his intentions. He didn't try to slip her his number and meet up with your friend behind your back. He didn't get caught sneaking around with someone else. He told you flat out what he intended to do, though he may not have employed much tact in how he did it. To this end he acted much more honorably than your average dog. But at the end of the day he is still a dog.

I wouldn't be too hard on the guy. Tell him that you appreciate his honesty in telling you about his intentions with the other woman, but that being the case you no longer wish to pursue a relationship with him in a sexual manner. Considering that he was upfront with you I am sure he will appreciate you being upfront with him in similar fashion.

I mean lets be honest here, he didn't betray you or stab you in the back, he told you straight out how it was going to be. Time for a friendly parting of the ways.

You got to have cojones to tell a girl what you plan to do with the relationship.

Slack with Me said:
You are all totally off the mark on this one.

This is enitrely HER fault. She agreed to the terms of the relationship then gets angry when the terms are enforced. They started as F-buddies and he has every right in the world to want to hang otu with other girls.

He didn't ask her permission to bang her roomate... he asked for her to leave so they could hang out and possible start an ACTUAL relationship rather then an f-buddy stance.

I still think he is wrong since he made it like he wanted to hook up with her then to ask her to leave so he can hook up with her friend. That would piss off any normal person.

It really isnt all MY fault. Yes we started off as f-buddies, and than talked about a relationship, and when he asked if I could leave.. his idea of "HOOKING" up was not as a relationship type.. it was to sleep with her. He told me flat out on the phone that he did want to sleep with her. SO thats why I was really pissed/depressed about the whole situation. It isnt right for a guy to sleep with me, than turn around and try getting in my best friends pants.. I would have no problem of him hanging out with girls, he hangs out with his sons mother for their sons sake... but they dont do any f-ing so I had no problem with that....

Just tell him off and move on, he will get what is coming to him eventually. You can't let assholes get to you then they win.

aliciamarie02 said:
Yes we started off as f-buddies
Perhaps you should rethink the consequences of having a "F-Buddy", and whether or not such a thing is really such a good idea in the first place. Do you think that little of yourself that you would just have sex with someone for "fun"?

aliciamarie02 said:
He would call every weekend after that(he works long hours during the week) Than we started "hooking" up but decided that we were not a couple(thats why I always said I was single) Well two weeks ago we talked about a relationship and were we would like to go, so I was actually excited.

it doesnt really matter whos fault it was or any of that in the previous replys, ok so it started out in away that some may think is morally wrong doesnt matter the fact is that he was talking relationship stuff to her and then tries to get in her friends pants and thats just not right i think he is nothing but an **** for doing this to her and i am glad she has a good friend that didnt just jump in the sack with him and ask her to wait out side. i do think if you havent told him off yet do so

we used protection mind u.. and I am getting checked for those just in case matters. I am too also glad that my friend didnt jump in the sake with him.. that would have hurt a hell of a lot more than anything.

LOL she is.. but dont tell her that.. :D it will go to her head!! :)

Back