What's new

"mynewhobby" this is your warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We moved into new house. Dh didn't like the idea of the dishwasher...

but if I REALLY wanted to use it we would....I am just used to doing the few things in the sink and moving on. Our dishes are always all caught up....so, never that many to do (I wash while cooking, when we sit to eat there are none in the sink).

Haven't gotten used to moving it into my rountine.

SOooo...it sits. Unused.

Am I the only one not super pleased with the Bosch? It gets a funky smell occasionally, it's very small, the moveable parts on the racks constantly break/come apart. Yes, it's quiet, but other than that....wish I'd gotten the Miele.

I have a Bosch, the low end of Bosch, pretty happy with it, it's very quiet. (we live in a small apartment with loud dishwasher for 2 years, so I really appreciate the quietness of the Bosch)

I have no dishwasher either and when I lived in an apartment with just the 2 of us I always felt guilty running it for only us. But unlike you Barb, my dishes are rarely caught up.

I had one when my oldest was a baby.

I LOVED loading it...(it took a couple days to fill it up)....but HATED unloading it.

So..it would get filled up and run. And I would wash dishes by hand for a few days putting off completely unloading again (using dishes straight from the machine).

When there is a couple of plates and cups it is faster to wash and get done. AND easier to put away 10-15 dishes than an entire machnes worth.

Wait a gosh darn minute Barb. I know you are the bees knees and all but how did you get thanked 4,294,967,140 times. And in only 66 posts.

Wait a gosh darn minute Barb. I know you are the bees knees and all but how did you get thanked 4,294,967,140 times. And in only 66 posts.

No idea. Guess I am just more appreciated than you realized.:lol::lol::lol:

A week ago it was in 30 posts. My average is going down.:keeper::lol::lol:

Trying to think of a song with Thanks in the title but my mind is a _____.

I had one when my oldest was a baby.

I LOVED loading it...(it took a couple days to fill it up)....but HATED unloading it.

So..it would get filled up and run. And I would wash dishes by hand for a few days putting off completely unloading again (using dishes straight from the machine).

When there is a couple of plates and cups it is faster to wash and get done. AND easier to put away 10-15 dishes than an entire machnes worth.

When my dad designed the new family house, when I was a kid, he wanted 2 dishwashers in the kitchen. He thought then we wouldn't need cabinet space for dishes, there would be a 'dirty' & a 'clean' dishwasher, just move the dishes from one to the other. Mom put her foot down on that idea FAST. :lol:

Of course some homes there now do have 2 dishwashers, actually nearly 2 separate kitchens, one for meat, one for dairy... <insert major eye roll here>

Is that what Parve means?

No, Parve means something is neither meat, nor dairy. It is neutral and can be eaten with either.

If you keep Kosher, foods are divided into 3 groups:
meat [fleishik in Yiddish], dairy [milchik in Yiddish] and parve.

Foods like fruits, veggies, grains, fish, & eggs are parve.

Foods that are forbidden [like pork] are treyf.

Trying to think of a song with Thanks in the title but my mind is a _____.

Theme from Golden Girls..."Thank You For Being A Friend"...how fitting...

If CW made a remake of the show, what part would you play???...I would be Dorothy... :)

We moved into new house. Dh didn't like the idea of the dishwasher...

but if I REALLY wanted to use it we would....I am just used to doing the few things in the sink and moving on. Our dishes are always all caught up....so, never that many to do (I wash while cooking, when we sit to eat there are none in the sink).

Haven't gotten used to moving it into my rountine.

SOooo...it sits. Unused.

I read about "his thing" on not using the DW on an earlier thread months ago, just asking is it against his religion or using electricity or "you should do them by hand as your duty as wife" (I guess that could part of religion)?

I read about "his thing" on not using the DW on an earlier thread months ago, just asking is it against his religion or using electricity or "you should do them by hand as your duty as wife" (I guess that could part of religion)?

I know a lot of people who don't use the dishwasher that come with the house, simply for the reason that they find it easier to wash as they go instead of accumulating a pile.

Some might believe it uses more water/electricity, thus prefer to wash by hand.

Theme from Golden Girls..."Thank You For Being A Friend"...how fitting...

If CW made a remake of the show, what part would you play???...I would be Dorothy... :)

I used to be Blanche-but, well, now I'm Dorothy. Dh is Rose, always has been, always will be.

Can I say that I adore the fact that this thread has become a thread about dishwashers?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back