What's new

pet peeves

Pet Peeve - A Superintendent who for 6 months promised, almost daily, to come in and repair a broken door yet has never showed. I refuse to pay any more rent until this is problem is resolved.

Furthermore the drawer in question has been sitting outside of the Super's door for 32 days now and counting. I was fed up with not being able to shut the stupid thing so I would rather look at an empty space than one that looked unkempt.

People who look down on others for things that they themselves have done. Good example? My dad, he looks down on my x for the things he did years ago. I guess it might be different if he had learned his lesson and made right with it, but he never has.

A friend of mine at work has this awful "trait". If she perceives that someone has snubber her or wronged her in the MOST minuscule of ways, she gets all bent out of shape, disrupts the peacful atmosphere with tension and then won't let it go. That really peeves me...

Pet Peeves - phone calls from drunks in the middle of the night who want to talk about stupid things and who make absolutely no sense!

OOOOOOOOOOhh!! I HATE that!! MrD has an old friend in Florida who calls us like that - 3am, and I've got this drunken loon on the other end telling me how much he misses me - I DON'T EVEN KNOW THE GUY!!! MrD just sleeps away... until I hit him with the phone!!! :D

I have a friend that does that. SHe will talk forever and i jst "uh huh" and "yeah" the whole time. She NEVER remembers calling me though.

long island rail road in ny

PEOPLE WHO TALK ON CELL AT 5.00 AM,,,,GO TO SLEEP ASSWIPE.
PEOPLE WHO LEAVE EMPTY BEER CANS AND COFFE CUPS,,,YOU FAT DAMM SLOB.
PEOPLE WHO SMOKE AT JAMAICA STATION,WAITING FOR TRAIN TO PULL OUT,GET ALL THE WAY OFF TRAIN AND COME BACK IN,,,DONT STAND BY THE DOORS,SO I SMEEL THAT ****.
DAMM MEXICANS ,,WHO ALL 9 OF THEM.HIDE IN THE BATHROOM SO THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY,,,GO BACK TO MEXICO,,,PLEASE MR.PRESIDENT BUILD THE F@$%ING FENCE!!!!!!!!

Welcome to BA Lennyg, I agree with many of your pet peeves. I noticed allot of people here in NYC do these things and it gets on my nerves also. I think that the president should really build that wall so we would have less people in this country.

People who used to be your friends and aren't anymore, and you have no idea why...

I had a very good friend who's husband used to work for my husband - that's how we got to be such good friends. Her husband left my husband's company to go to work for himself. Soon after that I noticed her communications with me became strained - I didn't hear from her much, she wasn't returning my phone calls but worst of all was the little nasty comments that filtered down through mutual friends that she made towards my husband and me. I called her about it to try to straighten things out - I was very hurt. She told her daughter to tell me she couldn't come to the phone and she'd call me back. She never did. A couple of months after THAT we were at the same Christmas Party - not together but with a different group. She and another woman she was with walked past my husband and me at our table, made a very nasty crack, laughed and walked away. I can HONESTLY tell you I have no idea what happened. MrD says it has to do with business; I guess the two guys parted on uneasy terms. MrD went about his business but apparently his "friend" who worked for him for 19 years did not.

I have learned that it's not worth it. Just pick you head up and pretend you have no idea who they are. Take no participation in any conversations concerning them - no nasty remarks, no rolling of the eyes; then you're playing THEIR game. As hard as it may be sometimes (because when you're in a room with them as I was last night and I just wanted to CRY when she walked in) you need to rise above. Women, I have found are the toughest creatures on the face of the planet to get along with. I just LIKE people and I love having friends, getting together and having fun. I also learned not to take a "friend" into your heart because they'll hurt you every time. The BEST friend a woman can have is a gay man that they get along with well. I've always told MrD that God forbid if anything every happens to our marriage (and it won't :eusa_ange ) or to him that I'll hook up with a gay man. That would be very pleasant!

mrsd607 said:
I have learned that it's not worth it. Just pick you head up and pretend you have no idea who they are. Take no participation in any conversations concerning them - no nasty remarks, no rolling of the eyes; then you're playing THEIR game. As hard as it may be sometimes (because when you're in a room with them as I was last night and I just wanted to CRY when she walked in) you need to rise above. Women, I have found are the toughest creatures on the face of the planet to get along with. I just LIKE people and I love having friends, getting together and having fun. I also learned not to take a "friend" into your heart because they'll hurt you every time. The BEST friend a woman can have is a gay man that they get along with well. I've always told MrD that God forbid if anything every happens to our marriage (and it won't :eusa_ange ) or to him that I'll hook up with a gay man. That would be very pleasant!
Well for you OK!:toothy12:

It actually lacks something in translation! I was only joking with you when you said you would "hook up with a gay man. That would be very pleasant!"

Back