What's new

Shocked, Appalled and Embarrassed....

And if I am pulled over here and don't have my papers with me I'll be tossed in jail or have to pay a bond (or whatever) until I can provide my papers. If a citizen doesn't have ID on them then wouldn't the same happen? Yes, it is an inconvenience, but there has to be some way to fight illegal immigration. If I don't want it to happen I should carry my ID.

I just don't see the big deal with the AZ law.

A drivers license is required to operate a motor vehicle. Every citizen is not required to have a drivers license. Some people don't drive but they can be stopped or arrested for other reasons.

I think it is a big deal to change the law to require all citizens to carry proof of citizenship.

Bah, Arizona being sued by that colossal **** called the US government is nothing more than the latest diversion employed by the powers-that-be to make sure you forget (or don't give proper attention to) far more pressing issues, such as the BP oil spill.

i actually spent time reading most of that law . its not illegal , unamerican, etc as far as i could read. its designed to ENFORCE laws that are already in place . our president is doing something ATTROCIOUS

A drivers license is required to operate a motor vehicle. Every citizen is not required to have a drivers license. Some people don't drive but they can be stopped or arrested for other reasons.

I think it is a big deal to change the law to require all citizens to carry proof of citizenship.

I suspect that anyone with the right to be in the United States, no matter what their skin color, would be thrilled with the "inconvenience" of getting and carrying some form of government-issued ID, if it meant security for themselves and those they love.

I suspect that anyone with the right to be in the United States, no matter what their skin color, would be thrilled with the "inconvenience" of getting and carrying some form of government-issued ID, if it meant security for themselves and those they love.
Nope, I am not thrilled at the prospect of Nazi like ID laws in the USA.

Even during WW2 we never made citizens carry ID, oh yeah, except for those who looked Japanese. Then we threw those US citizens into interment camps for the crime of having even a few drops of Japanese ancestry.

It was wrong then, it's wrong now.

perhaps...... if you and your family lived in a border state surrounded by increasingly violent criminal activity with no one willing to protect you, you would be

it is NOT the same

I have a goverment issued ID: my SS card and Illinois drivers license. I'm not carrying anything else and I'm certain millions with the right would not be thrilled.

The right wing blowhards (Fox) like to make illegals public enemy number 1, but it's bs. It's a convenient topic for them to use against Obama though. That and paranoia is what sells.

I meant that a person does not have to do anything wrong - or do anything at all - to be asked for ID.

Liz, Are you not required to have id on you at all times while in Mongolia?
I don't imagine you'd have a problem showing your id if ask...after all you are in a foreign country. So why should it be any different here?

I have a goverment issued ID: my SS card and Illinois drivers license. I'm not carrying anything else and I'm certain millions with the right would not be thrilled.

The right wing blowhards (Fox) like to make illegals public enemy number 1, but it's bs. It's a convenient topic for them to use against Obama though. That and paranoia is what sells.

Must be another one of those "vast right wing conspiracies". Oh wait...:snicker:

They use it against Obama, but they should use it against Congress too. The Republicans in Congress will cry about it but will do everything they can to block any change from happening because it might work.

I am tired of that and of the people crying about how great Reagan was when he tripled the deficit and granted amnesty to millions of illegals, but Obama adding to the deficit is wrong and he had better not talk about any form of amnesty.

Must be another one of those "vast right wing conspiracies". Oh wait...:snicker:
Not all. Both wings are broken. People that are shocked, appalled and embarrassed by our government are naive, misinformed, but well entertained. Read any political commentary/editorials from the past during any presidency all the way back to the first and it's all the same ****...America keeps on trucking despite the myriad of problems we're told are going to ruin us.

Not all. Both wings are broken. People that are shocked, appalled and embarrassed by our government are naive, misinformed, but well entertained. Read any political commentary/editorials from the past during any presidency all the way back to the first and it's all the same ****...America keeps on trucking despite the myriad of problems we're told are going to ruin us.

Here that cookie? You're naive. :jack:

You're definitely not getting any cookies! :bowing:

Here that cookie? You're naive. :jack:
Is cookiemom involved in politics? Is she provided with the same information that the government has? No, we generally get only incomplete information from the one side we choose to listen to/read. Bake some cookies, hug your children, clip some coupons and keep your guns locked up (and loaded just in case the sky does fall).

Is cookiemom involved in politics? Is she provided with the same information that the government has? No, we generally get only incomplete information from the one side we choose to listen to/read. Bake some cookies, hug your children, clip some coupons and keep your guns locked up (and loaded just in case the sky does fall).

You're on a roll. :eyeroll:

I thought 'they' said the sky was going to fall right after Dec 31, 1999 after 11:59pm. Remember the dire warnings to fill your tank, get cash from the ATM, stockpile food, water & ammo? :lol:

Sorry for interrupting your tea party...I should know better than talking politics on the interwebz...good luck solving your conundrums.

Back