What's new

Shocked, Appalled and Embarrassed....

So you wouldn't need to GET anything else. But if one more little piece of paper made your children's lives a little safer, it wouldn't be worth your time to get it?

I don't believe a piece of paper will make my child's life safer. The new republican's run a campaign of fear. I'm not falling for it.

So instead of listening with an open mind, you decide what today's truth is?
I don't make decisions on politics--I don't have complete information.

oh, but it appears that you HAVE made your decision.

Now there's an understatement!
What makes you think I want your cookies?

Well, at least there's one thing we agree on

That is the most condescending (thank you Pam) thing I've been told here. Shame on you for thinking you're right and I'm wrong because of your perceptions of me.

Those perceptions weren't of you and I'm not claiming right and wrong. It was a general statement for people to enjoy what you love.

Easy to make fun of a situation that doesn't affect you personally, isn't it? Actually, Obama made fun of Arizona's situation recently also. How mature was that?

It doesn't affect me? I thought it affected all Americans. As for Obama, **** the man for having a sense of humor.

Are the danger signs a few miles away from YOUR house? Are the bullets hitting YOUR local hall? Do you live in the 2nd highest kidnap city in the world??? If not, no, it does not affect you like it affects the people I'm referring to.

You call that a "sense of humor"?!?!? If Bush ever had said anything resembling "a sense of humor" comment about Katrina victims or if Obama had made "a sense of humor" comment about BP oil spill victims or tornado victims in the Midwest, would you think the same thing?

As long as you "assumed" incorrectly about one thing here, may I point out?

I used the word "suspect" ........... (yes, snickerdoodle and gingerbread aren't the ONLY big words I know)

You, on the other hand, used the word ASSUMPTION, my "assumption that people would be willing to carry proof of citizenship". I did not say I "assume"..... I said I "suspect" ..... there is a difference.

semantics

of course, now it's semantics

Minute definition differences aside, why would someone NOT be willing to carry a piece of paper in exchange for more safety for themselves and their families?
Assumption. I believe to be false.

God Bless You and yours, because I certainly would be.

The 'war on illegals' will be as successful as the 'war on drugs'. <eyeroll>

As I've said before, if there were no jobs for them, illegals wouldn't come. There needs to be a crackdown on those who hire illegals, simple as that. Start arresting & prosecuting US citizens who employ illegals and they'll stop. Why aren't the enablers arrested?

As I've said before, if there were no jobs for them, illegals wouldn't come. There needs to be a crackdown on those who hire illegals, simple as that. Start arresting & prosecuting US citizens who employ illegals and they'll stop. Why aren't the enablers arrested?
Illegals are big business. Stopping their hiring will push more jobs to China. The government also collects all the FICA and federal withholding from their pay and the illegals never see the benefit (unless you consider that they're clogging up our ER's--which is a myth). Forbes (a right leaning business magazine) has an informative article (6/28) for open borders--it even states that open borders would make the US safer.

The 'war on illegals' will be as successful as the 'war on drugs'. <eyeroll>

I have been saying this for years....who benefits from all the cheap labor??? Employers...they don't pay taxes, provide benefits, etc. and if US employers stopped hiring illegal immigrants that would be the END of the immigration problem in the US. They would absolutley stop coming if there was no work here.

just wondering where the loud mouthed ****ing **** is pointing fingers at things she finds racist. I distinctly remember discussing this and being accused of being a racist. Or maybe she's just a stupid crazy **** **** who doesnt know what the **** she's talking about?

Why do people completely ignore the part which states “law enforcement makes a lawful stop, detention or arrestâ€â€¦.. “The stop, detention or arrest must be based on reasonable suspicion or probably cause of a criminal or civil violation or the violation or a local ordinance.†?????

It’s not about stopping people because they’re dressed scruffy.

I bet if the government put up those same Dangerous Travel Area signs like the ones AZ just got, in our backyards, we wouldn’t be focusing on the word “dressâ€, but instead worrying about how to protect our families and asking the government to do its job. Yeah, I think the president should find the time for that, actually.

Because we know that "reasonable suspicion" could mean almost anything.

just wondering where the loud mouthed ****ing **** is pointing fingers at things she finds racist. I distinctly remember discussing this and being accused of being a racist. Or maybe she's just a stupid crazy **** **** who doesnt know what the **** she's talking about?

Me thinks you're talking about Felicia (eLiciafay). :hides:

I am very aware that there are lots of deadbeat citizens that don't pay their medical bills. With ANY AND ALL issues there is going to be something that proves it "false". If I said "couponers are cheap" someone would say "my aunt uses coupons and she also spends lots of money" we could be here forever going back and forth. Yes, American citizens fail to pay hospital bills but IN MY OPINION a higher percentage of illegals fail to pay their bills. And yes, I am fearful of ANYONE who doesn't comprehend the road signs that could cause an accident. I maybe uneducated but the roads I have been on in Mexico are nothing like the expressways here. How would a person understand signs like divided highway or know what a flashing red light means? These are my fears I am have every right to feel this way.

Your 'fears' are misplaced.

First, ALL Emergency Departments triage their patients, they do not treat by first come first served.

You could just as easily be killed by a legal tourist causing a car crash because they didn't understand, or perhaps more likely got confused by driving on the wrong side of the road like those wacky Brits do.

eta: Lots of deadbeat citizens don't pay their hospital bills too.

I am very aware that there are lots of deadbeat citizens that don't pay their medical bills. With ANY AND ALL issues there is going to be something that proves it "false". If I said "couponers are cheap" someone would say "my aunt uses coupons and she also spends lots of money" we could be here forever going back and forth. Yes, American citizens fail to pay hospital bills but IN MY OPINION a higher percentage of illegals fail to pay their bills. And yes, I am fearful of ANYONE who doesn't comprehend the road signs that could cause an accident. I maybe uneducated but the roads I have been on in Mexico are nothing like the expressways here. How would a person understand signs like divided highway or know what a flashing red light means? These are my fears I am have every right to feel this way.

Do you think that the citizens of Mexico should have been afraid of you causing an accident there?

I NEVER drove in Mexico, paid a taxi cab or stayed at the resort. Wouldn't put myself in a position like that. If I wanted to drive there I would apply for an international drivers licence and follow any procedures Mexico has in place.

Do you think that the citizens of Mexico should have been afraid of you causing an accident there?

I NEVER drove in Mexico, paid a taxi cab or stayed at the resort. Wouldn't put myself in a position like that. If I wanted to drive there I would apply for an international drivers licence and follow any procedures Mexico has in place.

Oh, okay. And an international driving permit is just your license translated into eight or so different languages. There's no test or anything.

if I may quote myself...

Do you really think Arizona didn't know what kind of bruhaha this would cause? Do you think the officers don't know how closely their actions would be scrutinized? Hasn't the legal staff gone all out to make the law specifically prohibit racial profiling? ANY laws/ALL laws carry the potential for racial profiling.

You're assuming that some cops may take advantage of the law. I don't disagree with that..... just as some now take advantage of their power in many, many other situations.

Given how bad the situation is, given how committed the governor is, given how much is at stake, given at how great a detail they're going to to be specific about what is and what is not allowed, given how much exposure has been afforded to the POTENTIAL misuse, don't you think cops would go out of their way to go by the letter of the law, knowing what the consequences will be?

AND....... IF misuse occurs, it WILL be corrected, because ALL of America would be watching

Real story happened somewhere not in US: My grandfather was picked up by the police and deported with reasonable suspicion that he supported the communist movement, leaving behind my grandmother to raise 4 young kids and took care of an elderly MIL. He wasn't even illegal in that country.

The world may think Americans are crazy that their police cannot just do that. But you don't want to open the door, do you? what next? Have to apply for a permit to have a discussion on this forum? Crazy? Where I come from, you have to get a permit from the police to protest about the government or any protest!! Guess the police are not connected to the politicians and are going to grant the permits?

Most of us here at cw can discuss things including politics and religion without stooping to degrading crude insults.

Most of us here at cw can discuss things including politics and religion without stooping to degrading crude insults.

She was referring to a situation where she was stating her opinion sans insults and feels she was attacked when a member called her a racist which brings out the more colorful words. ;)

if I may quote myself...

Do you really think Arizona didn't know what kind of bruhaha this would cause? Do you think the officers don't know how closely their actions would be scrutinized? Hasn't the legal staff gone all out to make the law specifically prohibit racial profiling? ANY laws/ALL laws carry the potential for racial profiling.

You're assuming that some cops may take advantage of the law. I don't disagree with that..... just as some now take advantage of their power in many, many other situations.

Given how bad the situation is, given how committed the governor is, given how much is at stake, given at how great a detail they're going to to be specific about what is and what is not allowed, given how much exposure has been afforded to the POTENTIAL misuse, don't you think cops would go out of their way to go by the letter of the law, knowing what the consequences will be?

AND....... IF misuse occurs, it WILL be corrected, because ALL of America would be watching

So misuse is okay as long as it gets corrected in the end? I totally disagree. And I don't even agree that it will get corrected in the end.

Hey! It's CW.............we KNOW drama! :roll:

OK...so everyone stop ****ing about what IS being done....and give us the steps to correct the problem. (to anyone that doesn't agree with what IS)

Be sure to make it neat...we will send it to the White House.

Personally, I don't think there is any solution that is will please everyone. I don't even pretend to know what to do....

I think the first thing we should do is get rid of birth-right citizenship.

Back