What's new

So what are you thinking now? New thread!

So....my DH got an email from his BATSHIT CRAZY exwife today, lamenting the demise of their marriage. Um, it's been 10 years. She's still with the guy she had her affair with 11 years ago. I'm sorry that her relationship is going to hell, but does she REALLY think my DH is going to respond? :snort:

Maybe send her one of your younger children? :9:

:flowers:

:snort: I seriously JUST said to him, "If you go back, you're taking the girl with you." :snicker: It's tempting. Hmmmm.

My MIL and SIL are making me question something I was so happy about for my DS18. We were hit hard with the economy, like everyone else (hence couponing 101 for me) I have had to say NO to DS for a lot of things. He is very bright, going to college in the fall and has had a job for the last 10 months at a local grocery store. He maintains an A average in AP classes. Well, we only have one car and he can only drive it when its available. His Boss has offered to sell him his 1991 Chevy Camero (it's pretty, you can;t remove the smile from my boy's face) for $1200. I checked with my ins. guy, (I have been with Farmers for 27 yrs) it will be about $75 extra. DS makes about $400 per month at the Grocery store so this will not be a problem. MIL and SIL are like, isn't he going off to Collage in the fall? well, duh...Yeah....shouldn't he use this money for college? I guess they are right, but depending on where he goes, he could sell it before he leaves, or store it when he comes home on weekends. They have EXTRA cars....my DS has never given me a hard time and knows that we can't help that much financially. Why am I letting this bother me? he will be able to save until he goes off to school in the fall....right?

We could be the first divoce fighting about who DOESN'T get custody.

:lol:

My MIL and SIL are making me question something I was so happy about for my DS18. We were hit hard with the economy, like everyone else (hence couponing 101 for me) I have had to say NO to DS for a lot of things. He is very bright, going to college in the fall and has had a job for the last 10 months at a local grocery store. He maintains an A average in AP classes. Well, we only have one car and he can only drive it when its available. His Boss has offered to sell him his 1991 Chevy Camero (it's pretty, you can;t remove the smile from my boy's face) for $1200. I checked with my ins. guy, (I have been with Farmers for 27 yrs) it will be about $75 extra. DS makes about $400 per month at the Grocery store so this will not be a problem. MIL and SIL are like, isn't he going off to Collage in the fall? well, duh...Yeah....shouldn't he use this money for college? I guess they are right, but depending on where he goes, he could sell it before he leaves, or store it when he comes home on weekends. They have EXTRA cars....my DS has never given me a hard time and knows that we can't help that much financially. Why am I letting this bother me? he will be able to save until he goes off to school in the fall....right?

They need to mind their own business. If your DS can afford it, and he's not asking them for money, they really shouldn't have an opinion. Can he take the car with him to college? My DD19 would be miserable away at school without her car. He's a good kid with good grades, a job & ambition.

:huggy:

If he has a car at college maybe he can get a small p/t job there then :9:

They need to mind their own business. If your DS can afford it, and he's not asking them for money, they really shouldn't have an opinion. Can he take the car with him to college? My DD19 would be miserable away at school without her car. He's a good kid with good grades, a job & ambition.

:shesaid:

Mary I don't know yet.....he has been accepted at Marquette with a $48,000 scholarship, but hasn't heard for the others yet. It will depend if they allow freshmen cars, I heard most do not. I know they should mind their own business, I can just hear them talking about this and that's what pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't go wrong with a Camero!!!!!!

79Z-28Camero_zps29c57acd.jpg
79Z-28Camero_zps29c57acd.jpg

I loved mine!!!!

Marquette does not allow freshmen to have cars. At least they didn't a thousand years ago when we were there. :lol:

I really feel like if he got a $48,000 scholarship, he deserves a car. That's awesome & amazing & he busted his **** for that. A $1200 car & $900/year is a pittance compared to what he has earned with that scholarship. Obviously he has a good head on his shoulders...he'll figure out what to do if the time comes he can't afford the car.

ETA- I should be so lucky that if DD14 gets a scholarship I can find her an acceptable $1200 car. That's a deal I wish I hadn't made a few years ago!

Thanks, I feel he deserves it too! He is a Great Kid! I can just see him picking up his prom date with his risky business sun glasses on!!!! I know shoot me now!

Steve, it's not a z28, but it has T tops and it's a pretty blue...don't get me wrong, it's old and has some issue's but it will be great for the summer.

.....Oh.....I'm sorry Charlie.....What were you saying???

Got to go.....I'll check back in a while....

The phone guy is here.....

tattoo-edition-32.jpg

:shesaid: and be so thankful at what a lucky mom you are. You done good :)

UGH! totally getting sick...this was supposed to be my fun weekend...now I feel like a medicinehead...BOO!

Back