What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

In-law hell begins in T minus 7 hrs. Lord help me get through this please! And I have my period early and a head cold on top of it! BLAH!

MUST GET OFF PUTER
hypnotised.gif
hypnotised.gif
hypnotised.gif

Two rooms down.......
Two to go.
When we get to the playroom, I'm outta here!
Need to do a Woodman's run for a few things for dinner tomorrow. :snicker:

DH is trying to make fudge and has no idea what he is doing or read all of the directions.

This could be interesting....

Thinking about a very dear 89 yo family friend who planned on spending Christmas with her 3 very active & healthy nieces. She raised these nieces [& their 2 siblings] from the time they were very young after their mom died.

One of the nieces suddenly collapsed at home on Thursday & is now on life support.

The family has gathered to pray & decide what to do. This will not be the joyous Christmas they had planned. :(

That's so sad, ennui.... it's hard to imagine any comfort for her family at this time, but wishing them guidance and peace with the decision they find themselves needing to make :huggy:

Thinking about a very dear 89 yo family friend who planned on spending Christmas with her 3 very active & healthy nieces. She raised these nieces [& their 2 siblings] from the time they were very young after their mom died.

One of the nieces suddenly collapsed at home on Thursday & is now on life support.

The family has gathered to pray & decide what to do. This will not be the joyous Christmas they had planned. :(

:huggy: and prayers

DH is trying to make fudge and has no idea what he is doing or read all of the directions.

This could be interesting....

:snicker: please update us when you have time...

I'm so sorry! Praying for your friend and her family.

:bliss: :bliss:
My grandma is now back in her own apartment!

Her doctor visited her yesterday and said she is no longer making progress in therapy and is in fact moving backwards in some regards. So he discharged her from the nursing home. She had been admitted not as a permanent nursing home resident, but as rehab for the stroke and hip replacement. So today she moved back to her apartment in a retirement home, and my aunt is moving in with her. My aunt has been with her almost 24/7 since September, and is pretty much able to help my grandma with everything now. My Grandma is not able to live alone. However, she always staunchly refused living in a nursing home or living with either of her daughters, so the family is going to try this and see how it works.

Grandma is not back to the way she used to be (and she never will be), but she is home and I know that has to make her feel so good. I heard she is in a better mood today than she has been in at least 6 weeks. She has been sad lately because she can't read, can't really watch TV, and can't really even have a meaningful conversation with anyone. She's been crying and saying things to us like "I'm no good" and "I can't do nothing." I think this will make her feel better and impact her happiness.

I'll see her tomorrow when we have Christmas at her place.

I survived Christmas with my dad this morning. Glad that's over with now.

KG that's wonderful news about your Grandma! I'm sure she's thrilled to be back in her own place & in her own bed!

I am sooo tired. way past exhausted. yesterday I had a lot of running to do. took my mom to the nursing home, had to go pick some stuff up at my brothers house, go christmas shopping and grocery shopping. went back got my mom, stopped at a couple of places on the way home. did some picking up stuff here. went back to drop my mom off at nursing home, more christmas shopping. went back got her, went home. went to walmart at 1030 for a few more items. came home, my bf was here. finally got to bed at 130.

sooo when I am exhausted I forget stuff. 1st I drove past my brothers street and had to backtrack. went to kohls later, couldnt find my car keys I never ever lose my keys. went back into the store found them in my purse. after we got home I couldnt find my keys to get into the house. I knew I had them at kohls while looking for the car keys. they were in my purse in the change purse.

I asked my bf if I looked dead yesterday and he said yes and said I should just go to bed.

Back