What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

I thinking that I sort of really wish my daughter had not followed my Babci's recipe for homemade caramel. They sort of taste like sqirrel nuts but sooo much better.

Care to explain how you trained you neighborhood squirrels to allow you to lick their nuts? Just wondering :giggles:

Just got home from SD20 and SD18 home. Their mom passed away last week and they couldn't phathom Christmas without us there.

SD20 made the perfect turkey - her first time.
The gifts we picked this year were exactly perfect for them - for once.

Happy, content and very very very tired.
Looking forward to not returning to work until Jan 10th!
This is what happens when you save up all your vaca days till the end of the year. :cartwheel:

Mixed emotions...

I felt bad for DH as he hates his job and no time off for the holiday or bonus. I work him up "Georgie style"

Now he's gone for the day and I noticed what a mess he left all over house. Somedays he is worse than teenage DS :pms:

Care to explain how you trained you neighborhood squirrels to allow you to lick their nuts? Just wondering :giggles:

Maybe Kerri is to squirrels what Cookie is to chipmunks? :giggles:

I'm thinkin' Coach must be slackin'. I was expecting a thread telling us to get the tree down. :lol:

If I leave my tree up much longer, there won't be a needle left on it. I can't wait to see the mess this makes getting it out the front door! But that's going to have to be tomorrow, we're exhausted. :p

Wondering what's open today so I could get out of the house later...living alone with no kids...

...besides seeing Mission Impossible at the theatre...
What's open on Christmas? Movie theaters! The best new films open on Christmas day & there are even matinees. The theaters are packed with both singles & small groups.

Before bro married SIL, & before I volunteered at the hosp on Christmas, we always went to the movies on Christmas.

As for what else is open on Christmas, here's a tongue in cheek note that pretty much has it nailed down:

chinese.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Many Chinese restaurants are open on Christmas & do tremendous take out & dine in business that day. [Although the place near my bro's was closed yesterday, but his town has very few Jews.]

If the movies or Chinese food isn't your thing, there are lots of opportunities to volunteer at hospitals & nursing homes on Christmas day. The patients truly appreciate a happy face, someone to talk to or just listen, someone stopping in to make their day brighter. :)

ETA: Just saw the bottom line of your post, oops. My brain is only half-functioning until I get my coffee.

If I leave my tree up much longer, there won't be a needle left on it. I can't wait to see the mess this makes getting it out the front door! But that's going to have to be tomorrow, we're exhausted. :p

Lay a large bedsheet down on the floor next to it, knock the tree over, wrap it up, drag it out, pull the sheet off, needles all over the yard instead :girl:

Lay a large bedsheet down on the floor next to it, knock the tree over, wrap it up, drag it out, pull the sheet off, needles all over the yard instead :girl:

:dunce: Doh! Why don't I ever think of these things? :lol:

No real tree for us either. I've never liked the smell of pine, but I am making myself learn to like it this year with those Glade Plugins. Those cheap pine car air fresheners (not sure if they still even make them) gave pine a bad rep with me years ago. Taking down the tree is a New Year's Day tradition for us.

I took my tree down yesterday.

:dance:

ON CHRISTMAS?! :dunce:

Keeping ours up for another week. We've been too busy with family.

MY SISTER IS HAVING HER BABY AS I TYPE!
i don't want to get into the shower until i get the call...:dance:

All our kids go to their other parents Christmas day so years ago we started taking the tree down to a) not be sad they were gone and b) clean up the mess. Nobody around to appreciate the tree but us, it may as well come down.

:)

Back