What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Week 2 of winter break and the kids are bored and not letting me get my work done ...

Just pitched a tent for them in the living room. After lunch, they can "camp" and stay out of my hair for a little while.

Maybe because we never had store bought toys. My three younger siblings were very imaginative, they would build a tent with chair and blanket when they were young and had great fun with it. My little brother would gather the neighbor's kids, use the blankets as robes and hosted a beauty pageat when my parents were not around. :lol:

i remember tent in the living room days, enjoy. now it is facebook, youtube and xbox360 until you drop days here, and yes, they are still BOOOOOOORED. i remember being bored watching wgn all day long when i was young and movies with ilone. taffy pulls and baking cookies. cherry kijafa after a long day of sledding. ;)
it was WLS "the prize movies with ione" ione citrin. interesting lady. oh takes me back to my youth.

i remember tent in the living room days, enjoy. now it is facebook, youtube and xbox360 until you drop days here, and yes, they are still BOOOOOOORED. i remember being bored watching wgn all day long when i was young and movies with ilone. taffy pulls and baking cookies. cherry kijafa after a long day of sledding. ;)

Oh no, mine are 7 and 5 and they have discovered Wii and DS and all that jazz. If I let them, they would watch tv or play games all day ... I am just a mean mom and don't let them watch tv and play video games so much LOL.

Video games are only for the weekends, holidays or special occasions. The rest of the time, they can play with their other 4574578475 toys. One cartoon in the morning and one cartoon in the afternoon. They can play a little on the laptops, but only if they're educational games.

Their biggest treat during the winter break has been late afternoon movies. Usually they get sent to their rooms for some quiet time: reading, laying on the bed, drawing, whatever ... just be quiet so I can get some peace and quiet and make dinner. During break, they've gotten to watch movies instead (Cars 2, Toys Story 3, Kung Fu Panda 2) and have cookies and hot chocolate.

She wanted to make these Fruit Loop Confetti Cups and has a MEAN mom :hurt: who makes her clean up after herself, so she figured they were gonna be enough work without making the dough from scratch too :lol:

http://easybaked.net/2011/06/07/confetti-cups/

They came out really cute..... WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too sweet for me, but she and DS love them !

Maybe because we never had store bought toys. My three younger siblings were very imaginative, they would build a tent with chair and blanket when they were young and had great fun with it. My little brother would gather the neighbor's kids, use the blankets as robes and hosted a beauty pageat when my parents were not around. :lol:
We had tons of toys, yet still had more fun building tents in the living room & holding non-stop paper airplane indoor airshows, etc. than we did with most of our toys. Anything you could dream up & build with your own hands was always more fun than store bought. :dance:

She wanted to make these Fruit Loop Confetti Cups and has a MEAN mom :hurt: who makes her clean up after herself, so she figured they were gonna be enough work without making the dough from scratch too :lol:

http://easybaked.net/2011/06/07/confetti-cups/

They came out really cute..... WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too sweet for me, but she and DS love them !

Those are way cute but.............um.............pssst..............cream cheese isn't vegan. :dunce:

Those are way cute but.............um.............pssst..............cream cheese isn't vegan. :dunce:

I thought Mary said she was just a vegetarian now?

Joan's right.... she switched back to vegetarian after seeing :quotes:happy:quotes: cows in Iowa
nerd.gif

personally, I think she missed eating spritz cookies :giggles:

Joan's right.... she switched back to vegetarian after seeing :quotes:happy:quotes: cows in Iowa
nerd.gif

Can you blame her?! I had spritz this morning with my coffee. :drool:

nerd.gif

Even if she didn't, there is vegan 'cream cheese' & who follows a recipe without substituting ingredients when necessary?

yep, we've had vegan cream cheese ....

learned about many ridiculously priced, $$$$$$$, vegan products, during that phase :surrender:

Yea, a full belly and some painkillers, my day is looking better.

I am thinking I'm a lucky girl.... 70 degrees and we are on the way to the beach. Not missing the Chicago chill.

Back