What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

KG I hate to say this, but maybe she's just ready to go kwim? My DH's Nana did this. She was tired and was just done. She refused everything and after a few weeks she passed in her sleep. I was sad, but we were glad she was no longer in terrible pain. Her funeral was the day before Christmas Eve last year.

I know it's so hard. :huggy:

Thank you. I'm sorry you lost your DH's nana -- I remember how hard it was on your family, especially the kids because of the time of year and that you'd lost your DH's dad the year before. :huggy: No one ever wants to say goodbye, and this is something we've all been struggling with since September. I just talked to my cousin, who said grandma's doctor is aware of this. My aunt won't re-admit her to the hospital. They think that's not what Grandma wants, and I have to agree.

I don't want to project anything onto my Grandma, but I can't help but think maybe she got home and settled in and spent a few nights there, and understands now this is how she is going to live, this is her life now, and she hates it. Before she moved, she had been saying things to me and others like, "I'm no good" and "I can't do nothing" (meaning, I think, that she can't read, write or watch TV). I think she understands the consequences of not taking her meds. She was/is a smart woman, and before the stroke didn't have any dementia. She knew what not taking her meds would do.

Her great-grandkids came in from out of town and saw her yesterday/today. Also my brother and his wife came in over the weekend and she saw them on Christmas. And my other sister was in for Thanksgiving, so she saw them then.

thanks! I think there's a lot over there i need to figure out :lol: and JUST when I MOSLY got Facebook deciphered :surrender:

Do you happen to know??? ... In my activity thingy list on the left over there, it says that I am following MYSELF whenever I create a new board..... is that right or am i doing something really dumb?

I did notice that one yours and thought it seemed strange so I looked on my page and under "Pinners I Follow" it has myself listed, so I guess that how it supposed to be.

:huggy: :huggy: :huggy: for KG ♥

OK, Val..... since you're good at this, do you know HOW someone I don't KNOW can see my pins??? A couple of things I pinned have been re-pinned and I don't think I know these peeps :surrender:

Does anyone who follows the people that follow me.... or that I follow.... all see each other's stuff?

I hope that made sense :hides:

No one ever wants to say goodbye, and this is something we've all been struggling with since September. I just talked to my cousin, who said grandma's doctor is aware of this. My aunt won't re-admit her to the hospital. They think that's not what Grandma wants, and I have to agree.

I don't want to project anything onto my Grandma, but I can't help but think maybe she got home and settled in and spent a few nights there, and understands now this is how she is going to live, this is her life now, and she hates it. Before she moved, she had been saying things to me and others like, "I'm no good" and "I can't do nothing" (meaning, I think, that she can't read, write or watch TV). I think she understands the consequences of not taking her meds. She was/is a smart woman, and before the stroke didn't have any dementia. She knew what not taking her meds would do.

Her great-grandkids came in from out of town and saw her yesterday/today. Also my brother and his wife came in over the weekend and she saw them on Christmas. And my other sister was in for Thanksgiving, so she saw them then.
:huggy::huggy::huggy:
Spend as much time as you can with her, you'll never regret it.

OK, Val..... since you're good at this, do you know HOW someone I don't KNOW can see my pins??? A couple of things I pinned have been re-pinned and I don't think I know these peeps :surrender:

Does anyone who follows the people that follow me.... or that I follow.... all see each other's stuff?

I hope that made sense :hides:

Hmm....I'm stumped. I do know that Pinterest will pick ppl for you to follow based on your likes & interests and those people's pins will show up on the "newsfeed" page, even though you don't "know" them.

I'm thinking the kids are our new street are so nice. They came over yesterday to see if my boys wanted to play outside. My 9 yo refused to go outside because he wanted to play video games. Well they came back over again today and I made DS go outside to play with them. He didn't want to and was pissed, but quickly changed his tune. I brought out a mess of Nerf guns and bullets and they're now having a blast running around shooting each other (there's about 6 kids). The oldest is a tall, very mature acting 11 yo girl who keeps an eye on the younger ones (one is 6). I'm gonna have to keep an eye on her and my 12 yo DS. :lol:

mrsmom, it is so nice that your kids are having fun on your new block! :bliss: I miss the days when the neighborhood kids all PLAYED together. Qucikly that morphed into loitering & roaming walks for my kids & their friends. :lol:

Cookie...I think when you pin something it goes onto the general board for everyone to see. Sometimes I pin something & it freaks me out that it's in with the 'general population' for awhile, until more things get pinned by others.

mrsmom, it is so nice that your kids are having fun on your new block! :bliss: I miss the days when the neighborhood kids all PLAYED together. Qucikly that morphed into loitering & roaming walks for my kids & their friends. :lol:

Cookie...I think when you pin something it goes onto the general board for everyone to see. Sometimes I pin something & it freaks me out that it's in with the 'general population' for awhile, until more things get pinned by others.

OH! I get what you mean.... thanks, Dragonfly !

OK, I "follow" you now, autumnsky, so you can follow me back right???

I don't really know why, but I have 2 names there.....

my real name and "cookiemomlovestobake"..... not sure how I did that :9:

Is this "pin" site thingy for crafty folks? I don't get it. :dunce:

Is this "pin" site thingy for crafty folks? I don't get it. :dunce:

Sure and recipes and stuff.

I can find stuff on Internet and "pin"it and it saves to my boards easily. No more copy and pasting or printing out things

Sure and recipes and stuff.

I can find stuff on Internet and "pin"it and it saves to my boards easily. No more copy and pasting or printing out things

Oh ok. I'm always copying recipes and emailing them to myself..........I have a recipe file. I'm not crafty, but I love collecting recipes.

Oh ok. I'm always copying recipes and emailing them to myself..........I have a recipe file. I'm not crafty, but I love collecting recipes.

Yeah, I have "boards" for teaching stuff, stuff I like, crafty, food...whatever you want. You can name them how you want.

I love it! It's saving me ink and space

Yeah, I have "boards" for teaching stuff, stuff I like, crafty, food...whatever you want. You can name them how you want.

I love it! It's saving me ink and space

huh..........ok...........i think i need to check it out.............how about decorating..........i need ideas for window treatments and stuffs

Back