What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

MrsMom - check the garage door again. Ours started doing that some mornings. We found out it was the angle of the sunshine hitting the sensor. We would stand outside and make a shadow over the sensor and try with the hand-held button, and it would work.

Hope it's a simple fix for you.

If it's not one thing, it's another. The f'ing garage door won't close. It starts to go down, then back up it goes. :surrender:

We had a plumber here a couple days ago, will have a repair man from Sears here next week for another issue...............already had to replace the hot water heater shortly after moving in. WHAT NEXT?!!!! Wait, I don't wanna know. :hides:

MrsMom - check the garage door again. Ours started doing that some mornings. We found out it was the angle of the sunshine hitting the sensor. We would stand outside and make a shadow over the sensor and try with the hand-held button, and it would work.

Hope it's a simple fix for you.

Thanks. I just tried again, no go. I just hope DH can get this figured out so I can close the door at night or else I'll be worried about my stuff getting stolen.

where are you?

I live in the western suburban/farmland. Straight west of Chicago.

But I went to HS in Minocqua and while I couldn't wait to leave there when I was a young'n, I so so so miss the lake & the forest.

Sigh.

Thanks. I just tried again, no go. I just hope DH can get this figured out so I can close the door at night or else I'll be worried about my stuff getting stolen.

You know, if you can't get the garage door opener to work, he can pull the cord hanging down from the opener and manually close the door.

You know, if you can't get the garage door opener to work, he can pull the cord hanging down from the opener and manually close the door.

Oh duh. :redface:

I live in the western suburban/farmland. Straight west of Chicago.

But I went to HS in Minocqua and while I couldn't wait to leave there when I was a young'n, I so so so miss the lake & the forest.

Sigh.
aha, my grandparents had a horse farm in sheridan illinois right on the somanauk creek and fox river. i spent my summers there. it has changed a great deal since i was last there in 1974. we live on the illinois wisconsin border. 7 miles south of lake geneva. i have never been to minoqua, my sis in law has a place up there. we go to the porkies when we go way up north. maybe someday my sis n law will invite us,lol. prolly not

DH an I have good friends in Northern Las Vegas. They have four kids triplets age 9 and a daughter age 11. We visit them regulary and do not hear horror stories. They are from IL and have no plans of moving back.

That but for fate, or luck, or a split second in time, I might have lost my beloved & only brother today.

He was driving to work early this morning on a major highway, going 65mph, when a goose flew by just missing his car. A second later, a second goose appeared and crashed head on into his windshield, shattering it instantly. The goose just missed him, landing directly in the front passenger's seat. Luckily my bro escaped with just a few scratches from the flying glass. The goose was killed instantly.

Life is short, all it takes is a split second for your time to be up.

That but for fate, or luck, or a split second in time, I might have lost my beloved & only brother today.

He was driving to work early this morning on a major highway, going 65mph, when a goose flew by just missing his car. A second later, a second goose appeared and crashed head on into his windshield, shattering it instantly. The goose just missed him, landing directly in the front passenger's seat. Luckily my bro escaped with just a few scratches from the flying glass. The goose was killed instantly.

Life is short, all it takes is a split second for your time to be up.

OMG, that is scary! I am so glad that your brother is okay!

I asked him what happened afterward.

After dealing with the state police, he drove in to work with the dead & bloody goose. He showered/changed, then made some calls to get his car towed, the windshield replaced & car cleaned up while he worked his normal shift. He was his usual unflappable self. :faint:

I asked what happened to the goose, another doc took it home for dinner. :lol:

I'd have **** my pants & been freaked out the rest of the day.

OMGosh! That's crazy scary.... glad he's ok!

I asked him what happened afterward.

After dealing with the state police, he drove in to work with the dead & bloody goose. He showered/changed, then made some calls to get his car towed, the windshield replaced & car cleaned up while he worked his normal shift. He was his usual unflappable self. :faint:

I asked what happened to the goose, another doc took it home for dinner. :lol:

I'd have **** my pants & been freaked out the rest of the day.

Your brother is amazing!

:shesaid: Glad your brother is ok, ennui!

Ennui, that goodness your Bro is ok! I was wondering who would have goose for dinner.

I am way full. We had Mexican tonight and beans and rice are one of my favorite sides!

My DH was home for about a half an hour (talking to me) before he realized I got my hair cut. And I don't mean a trim. It was to the middle of my back ALWAYS pulled back in a pony, cute to my chin with cut flippy layers. :surrender:

Back