What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

she was due 03/04/2012. a son. there should be an obit in the kenosha news soon, i would think. i looked today and it did not show up. i cannot imagine a more terrifying or difficult thing. it was their first. i would be hysterical. she is inconsolable at this moment and rightfully so.

just be strong for her thats all I can tell a friend of mine lost a baby about a year and a half ago they found out the baby died when she went to the hospital to deliver (her water broke) so I can tell you from experiance just be there for her

just be strong for her thats all I can tell a friend of mine lost a baby about a year and a half ago they found out the baby died when she went to the hospital to deliver (her water broke) so I can tell you from experiance just be there for her
oh my goodness, how horrible for her. do they have a reason for the death. i am scared for all pregnant women, i worry so much about that listeria thing.

oh my goodness, how horrible for her. do they have a reason for the death. i am scared for all pregnant women, i worry so much about that listeria thing.

the cord was wrapped around his neck, worst thing was Candy didnt want the baby he was a product of marital rape, she looked at adoption but was unable to get the 'father' to sign off on it so she decided to keep the baby about a month before it died......I think thats what affected her the most that she didnt want him then when she decided to keep him, he passed away

Hate how my bright 16 year old has ruined his GPA this semester. So lazy and stupid.

Punishments did not help. He has to care. Says he does now....sigh...

At least he has a fresh start next week, lets see if he'll take it or if he thinks he will live in my house for the next 10 years. :dunce:

Mine got their fresh start this week Reporter. If they don't improve, I am going to hold them both back a year and HS them. I am tired of fighting it, and teachers talking to me like I'm an idiot, and the kids looking at me like stupid cows, I don't GET IT? Well no **** Sherlock, the F was my first clue!!

Argh!

:lol:

Nope, born and raised in Illinois, over by Galena which is on the IL/IA border. My family is all still there. I have lived here in Waukegan since I graduated college back in '02 with the plans of moving to Dubuque, IA all along. I love my friends, my job, etc., but I really really do not like Waukegan/Lake County at all.

Sorry if I complain about it too much. I just need to vent somewhere sometimes. My best friends are from here so I don't like to vent to them about it. I grew up in a small town with no crime. The cost of living was better. It was just overall a lot better than here (that's just my personal opinion and my personal preference, not meaning to offend anyone).

I knew I wanted to move away from here eventually, but now my kids are getting older and the thought of sending my daughter to school here next year causes me a lot of anxiety. Since the economy tanked, we cannot sell our house so we are "stuck" here. I've been having a lot of issues/stressors here at work, my hormones are out of whack, etc. etc. etc.

The idea of Vegas just makes sense to me because my DH could transfer, most likely with a much higher paying job in a much lower cost of living area. Houses are super cheap and nice. It just makes sense to me. He thinks I am crazy and he's probably right...

My inlaws live in Vegas. It's not exactly family-friendly, and the local economy is the same as here. They would come back here if they weren't tanked on their house out there.

My inlaws live in Vegas. It's not exactly family-friendly, and the local economy is the same as here. They would come back here if they weren't tanked on their house out there.

But the cost of living is a lot cheaper out there than it is here, isn't it? At this point, houses are super cheap there right now (which means a good time for us to buy) and we would only go if dh had a good job with his company secured. Supposedly, he would get a raise. We could get a nice house for $600-$700 a month, taxes included. HUGE differenece from back here. Problem is, we would still have our house here. Probably would have to rent it out, not sure what else we could do.

i have to agree with kathy, i just did not want to be discouraging. friends of mine finally got to move back here from vegas. they tried it twice. it was dreadfully depressing for them. a lot of suicides, homelessness, and drug problems in their area. it really took a toll on her mental health. they are very happily living in appleton wisconsin now. they grew up in this area.

But the cost of living is a lot cheaper out there than it is here, isn't it? At this point, houses are super cheap there right now (which means a good time for us to buy) and we would only go if dh had a good job with his company secured. Supposedly, he would get a raise. We could get a nice house for $600-$700 a month, taxes included. HUGE differenece from back here. Problem is, we would still have our house here. Probably would have to rent it out, not sure what else we could do.

Cost of living they say is more. The water prices are horrific, the groceries more expensive than here, etc. Utilities are high.

Vegas is a made place in a desert. No proximity to natural water, the power grid, etc. It is not a nice place to live, generally. There is quite a lot of crime, and my ILs live in a really nice gated community.

houses are really cheap here too. my cousin is picking up a second home as i type for 48K today. closing on it in 15 min. out in the countryside. also wisconsin schools have a very high rating. badger high especially.

Cost of living they say is more. The water prices are horrific, the groceries more expensive than here, etc. Utilities are high.

Vegas is a made place in a desert. No proximity to natural water, the power grid, etc. It is not a nice place to live, generally. There is quite a lot of crime, and my ILs live in a really nice gated community.

Oh crap, that's not what I wanted to hear!

PS Vegas:

There are a LOT of vagrants/homeless people. And the $600-700 a month house is usually in a cul-de-sac full of empty, foreclosed homes.

It really is very similar to here or Ohio in terms of the local economy.

I mean if you have to live some place, you make the best of it, but I would not move there (even tho DH has expressed a desire to and we have spent lots of time researching, talking to the ILs, and visiting). Nope. Bad crime, bad schools, high COL, no thanks.

houses are really cheap here too. my cousin is picking up a second home as i type for 48K today. closing on it in 15 min. out in the countryside. also wisconsin schools have a very high rating. badger high especially.

I would love to live back in WI. I miss trees :(

I know...property taxes around here suck really bad though. And, if you look at the houses that I've been looking at lately, they are newer (less than 10 years), bigger and nicer in the $80-$100k range. Even here, with the ****ty economy, my house is appraised at $127,000 (which is $75,000 less than 5 years ago). The houses in Vegas are MUCH nicer and newer in a super lower price range than what we can get here (with WAY lower taxes).

I really really appreciate the input from you guys! I am just dreaming I guess. I am ready for change. Maybe I could get a house on the same street at the Sister Wives and become BFFs with them. I love that show!

also wisconsin schools have a very high rating. badger high especially.

OT but I can't believe how much Badger has changed and grown since I graduated there in '91.

My BIL and FIL lived there for about a year then came back. I agree w/ the other posts, especially costs and crime. I wouldn't recommend living there. How about Texas? :) I love it there!

My BIL and FIL lived there for about a year then came back. I agree w/ the other posts, especially costs and crime. I wouldn't recommend living there. How about Texas? :) I love it there!

The only reason Vegas is even an option is because of my husband's company. They only have two distribution centers, here and Vegas. With the economy, I would never in a million years move across the country without a secure job already lined up, kwim? He has a really good job, otherwise we would have moved awhile ago!

Back