What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Could just really use a hug today. It seems like the day is going to get worse before it gets better too.

Take two, they're free. :huggy: :huggy:

and some from me too, missy :huggy: :huggy: :huggy: ♥

I'll trade you my DS12 for your DD4. Does she not go to preschool?

I'm enrolling her today. It was a process to get her enrolled since it's mid-year. I chose a program through the park district that's Tu and Th and I can't WAIT!!!!

Missy I've got some :huggy: for you too.

I'm enrolling her today. It was a process to get her enrolled since it's mid-year. I chose a program through the park district that's Tu and Th and I can't WAIT!!!!

You'll both love it!:cartwheel:

"The plumber will be there between 9-11:30." Translation: "He'll call after noon to say he's on his way and will arrive 1/2 hr. after that so you'll waste your morning waiting for him." :ranting:

"The plumber will be there between 9-11:30." Translation: "He'll call after noon to say he's on his way and will arrive 1/2 hr. after that so you'll waste your morning waiting for him." :ranting:

I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had some flakes on freecycle tell me they are coming to pick up last night so we move the mattress in our hallway for them, then they email an hour later to say, oh sorry can't come. Move on to next person who says they will be here this morning btwn 8:30-9. No email, no nothing, just didn't show!!! UUGGHHH!!!! So now I have a huge mattress and boxspring in my hallway cluttering the place. so now it will just go in trash. UGGHH you try to do the right thing and peeps are just jerks!

I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had some flakes on freecycle tell me they are coming to pick up last night so we move the mattress in our hallway for them, then they email an hour later to say, oh sorry can't come. Move on to next person who says they will be here this morning btwn 8:30-9. No email, no nothing, just didn't show!!! UUGGHHH!!!! So now I have a huge mattress and boxspring in my hallway cluttering the place. so now it will just go in trash. UGGHH you try to do the right thing and peeps are just jerks!

yep, have the same problem up here...got so bad I just quit freecycling my stuff for a while...I dropped it off at Goodwill instead. Mattresses are probably tough though...my guess is goodwill won't take mattresses right?

FURTHER Translation.......... You didn't get to take your nap :9:

:giggles:

Upset at the company I work for -poor training opportunities with new responsibilities and the fact they just cut benefits :( The bennies were promoted as a huge reason to work there... so yeah, not happy.

FURTHER Translation.......... You didn't get to take your nap :9:

:giggles:

Right. And further more I was hoping he would call (assumed he would) but I have yet to hear anything. :surrender:

Upset at the company I work for -poor training opportunities with new responsibilities and the fact they just cut benefits :( The bennies were promoted as a huge reason to work there... so yeah, not happy.

That sucks. :pout:

yep, have the same problem up here...got so bad I just quit freecycling my stuff for a while...I dropped it off at Goodwill instead. Mattresses are probably tough though...my guess is goodwill won't take mattresses right?

some will, but you have to wait until delivery date is available. should gave gone that route but now the ball is in motion and I need it out of the house so we stop tripping over it.

I just can't get over how flaky people can be, I mean you are doing them a favor by giving them this stuff and they don't have common deceny.

1. There are not enough hours in the day

2. DD19 has a job interview Thursday :cartwheel:

3. DD19's BFF just texted me to tell me that he has a job interview today (they want to get a place of their own and I said no help would be forthcoming until they are both gainfully employed to be able to afford it AND enrolled in community college)

4. I need a personal assistant to get all my stuff done that I don't have time for :lol:

1. There are not enough hours in the day

2. DD19 has a job interview Thursday :cartwheel:

3. DD19's BFF just texted me to tell me that he has a job interview today (they want to get a place of their own and I said no help would be forthcoming until they are both gainfully employed to be able to afford it AND enrolled in community college)

4. I need a personal assistant to get all my stuff done that I don't have time for :lol:

wait is this the boyfriend or just a friend? I thought she dumped the boyfriend?

Um, I'd be nearly bald if I let my kids do that. My parent's both greyed early in their 20's and I've taken on that same trait, lucky me. But I do enjoy going to have it done. It's about the only "me time" I get every 6 weeks.

Don't feel bad about the grey hair. It's hereditary on DH's side and both his brothers went grey early on in high school.

My older DS got his first grey hair when he was 6. My younger DS got his first grey hair at the age of 4. DH posted it on FB and a friend replied "Oh wow, is it hereditary?''

DH being the smart **** that he can be, replied with "No, it was the stress of kindergarten and preschool that caused their hair to turn grey." :lol:

Thinking how nice it is to take a couponing breather every now and again.

Thinking how nice it is to just run into a store and buy stuff. Not worrying about which coupons to match up and then digging those same coupons out of my binder. Having a 5 minute or less checkout versus a 15-20 minute one. Not having some cashier give me the evil eye because I'm handing her 20 coupons and she thought she'd get rid of me quickly and then take her break.

I had a couple 25.00 beer rebate checks come in this week and just decided to go out and shop without coupons. Bought mostly produce and fresh or deli meat (so no coupons to match up anyway) but it was so nice to just buy stuff and not have to think hard about it.

Spent 5 bucks at Aldi, 15 at Food4Less, and 5 at a local produce store. $25.00 and I got everything (other than frozen or pantry stuff I already had at home) for the next 10 days meals and snacks.

Back