What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

What do you think about my #2 point? I ask this for a couple reasons, one being that I have two boys also. I worry too.

Good luck woman.

So the doctor still needs to get all the results from today's tests but the tech lady that did the ultrasound said the radiologist said everything looked ok and I was good for now. Should hear something in a couple days or at least this week. I'm so relieved the mammogram didn't show any problem but also wondering why I'm not feeling well. Hopefully the blood-work will help figure it out.

Thanks again for all your support! :foryou:

Glad you updated, had been thinking of you today. Nice to hear good news :)

So the doctor still needs to get all the results from today's tests but the tech lady that did the ultrasound said the radiologist said everything looked ok and I was good for now. Should hear something in a couple days or at least this week. I'm so relieved the mammogram didn't show any problem but also wondering why I'm not feeling well. Hopefully the blood-work will help figure it out.

Thanks again for all your support! :foryou:

:dance::dance:

I hope that news will help you breathe a little easier and hopefully you'll start feeling better soon. Sometimes stress can make things so much worse physically (I've done that to myself too many times.)

:snort:

mama I would be freaking out too. :huggy: My oldest DS is 12 and I just cannot fathom what I would do. Of course he knows nothing in this topic though (no sex ed class) and we haven't had "the talk". One time he asked me if babies come out of the butt. I said no, women have 3 holes. He was all "Huh.........didn't know that." I guess mebbe it is time. :9:

Let us know how it goes.

You went the classy route. :giggles:

What do you think about my #2 point? I ask this for a couple reasons, one being that I have two boys also. I worry too.

Good luck woman.

I think if some girl offers hed take it just like most teenage boys and alot of adult males, even the Army Recruiter had a big grin when we told him why hed been suspended he did everything but say 'atta boy' then he told him his permiscuious days are over

'Thinking how I hate the double standard at doctors' and dentists' offices. If I cancel, I need to give 24 hours notice or I get charged a hefty fee. But if they call me and cancel, they do it the night before and then I need to wait 3 weeks before I can get another appointment. And no, they don't give me a discount on my appointment now do they?

My DS has a dentist appt tomorrow. They called at 6:30 tonight to cancel. Said the dentist had an emergency. This particular dentist only works on Tues/Fri so now he has to wait another 3 Fridays before he can get in again. Sure, I realize everyone has emergencies but how come dentists and doctors can have emergencies but patients can't? Ridiculous.

'Thinking how I hate the double standard at doctors' and dentists' offices. If I cancel, I need to give 24 hours notice or I get charged a hefty fee. But if they call me and cancel, they do it the night before and then I need to wait 3 weeks before I can get another appointment. And no, they don't give me a discount on my appointment now do they?

My DS has a dentist appt tomorrow. They called at 6:30 tonight to cancel. Said the dentist had an emergency. This particular dentist only works on Tues/Fri so now he has to wait another 3 Fridays before he can get in again. Sure, I realize everyone has emergencies but how come dentists and doctors can have emergencies but patients can't? Ridiculous.

There was an entire Seinfeld episode about this.

I feel the same like if my doctor leaves me sitting in the waiting room for 3 hours (which she has) I get a 'sorry, im running behind' but if im 15 minutes late they want to reschedule me......why? shes gonna leammie sitting in the waiting room for hours anyway

I would never sit and wait 3 hours.... They would know I was there. Whether they are happy I am there... makes no difference to me. I am not sitting in a waiting room... 20 mins MAX

About 10 years ago, my insurance plan at worked changed and I was sent to new doctor (PCP) who was within the new plan. My first appointment and I sat in the waiting room for over an hour. Finally got in the exam room, did the typical question/answer stuff, weigh in with the nurse, and then had to wait another 40 minutes for the doctor to come in. Then he spent maybe 10 minutes with me max. The whole appt took almost 2.5 hours. It was ridiculous.

I never went back to that doctor again. If that is how they treat patients, esp. new patients, well, no thanks. I went back to my old doctor (even though they weren't in network) and paid a little more OOP for my medical expenses.

Another time, I had an appt with my OB/GYN. My appt was at 9:00. I sat in the office waiting for a while (maybe 25 minutes or so) and then had to use the ladies room which was in the back of the office. When I came out, the doctor was just coming at 9:30 via the back office door. Umm, why did you schedule me for a 9:00 appt but come to work at 9:30? Anyone else would get written up or fired for stuff like that. And no, she wasn't coming from the hospital for a delivery. I overheard the nurses talking and she was just running late. Not the first time that's happened in that office either since I am one of those that takes the first appt of the day so that I can be in and out and get on with my day.

DH and I have a lot of doctors in our extended family. And even though they are family, I can say that a lot of them have that almighty God complex. EVERYONE is expected to wait for them and they wait for no one. It's just downright rude and inconsiderate IMO.

DH and I have a lot of doctors in our extended family. And even though they are family, I can say that a lot of them have that almighty God complex. EVERYONE is expected to wait for them and they wait for no one. It's just downright rude and inconsiderate IMO.

ummmm, it's not just doctors..... And not all doctors are like that either.

ummmm, it's not just doctors..... And not all doctors are like that either.

No, of course they're not all like that. But many of the ones I know are and I can say that because DH and I are related to them and have close knowledge of them.

Tired. DD studied for hours for her history and computer mid terms. She only got an 88 and a 95. The poor kid freezes when she has to write essays and she can't listen to her mother who TEACHES how to write (I don't even spell check on here cause this is my fun place). She knows more about history than I will ever want to know. Dates, times, Lords, Kings, ect and if you ask her she can give along litany of what happened, why and the ramifications. **** I feel bad.

kaeg, an 88 and a 95 are very good grades! Especially the 95- no amount of studying can guarantee a perfect score, and a 95 pretty **** close!

I have a DD who doesn't test well. It's tough, I think she's starting to outgrow it, but she still worries about every test.

kaeg, an 88 and a 95 are very good grades! Especially the 95- no amount of studying can guarantee a perfect score, and a 95 pretty **** close!

I have a DD who doesn't test well. It's tough, I think she's starting to outgrow it, but she still worries about every test.

I was a horrible tester in HS and college. Doesn't matter how much i studied i just didn't do well. The work and projects are what always saved my grade

Back