What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

well that's it. my "not feeling well" is bad enough that I decided to call the dr. now I have to go get checked out.

Looks like I'm headed by mrsmom to the urgent care on 75th.

Waiting for DH to come home (just a few minutes) and then I'm off. Hoping for nothing major.

well that's it. my "not feeling well" is bad enough that I decided to call the dr. now I have to go get checked out.

Waiting for DH to come home (just a few minutes) and then I'm off. Hoping for nothing major.

:huggy: Hope everything goes well!

I better be going to heaven. We were walking home from the park and this little dog starts to follow DS. I've always been somewhat afraid of dogs so I was hesitant to pick it up. I called the number but it was out of service. While I was dialing I had to put the dog down, and he continued to follow us. He followed us the whole way home, so I let him into the foyer of our apartment while I got the number of animal control. DS was ecstatic about this dog and asked if we could keep him. The dog was running up and down the stairs of the apartment and DS comes over and tells me that the dog has pooped. Lovely! So I got to pick up dog poop. Now all DS is talking about is the dog and wants to know if we can get a dog.

check all the lost pet ads you can find, from the last couple of months -- newspaper classifieds, craigslist, other internet postings. Call local vets offices, shelters and animal control and ask if they have a lost dog flyer that fits his description. After a few weeks or a month people stop looking really hard. Bring him to a vet just to have him scanned to see if he has a microchip (there should be no charge for the scan; ask first). I know this is probably the last thing you need right now.

Good luck. I once found someone's pet parrot, and I have to say I made a much bigger effort to locate the rightful owner than the %$#@ owner did to try to find their bird. They pretty much gave up as soon as it flew away... I plastered the town with flyers and put classified ads in many newspapers, even as far away as Rockford (HEY I didn't know how far that parrot might have flown). The bird had some very unusual markings for a parrot, so I said they had to describe the bird to get it back. Soooo everyone who had ever lost a bird within 100 miles of me was calling that week; the phone was ringing off the hook. Eventually the real owner called and the bird went home. After that I stopped answering the phone and put a message on the answering machine that said, "If you're calling about the bird we found, it has been reunited with its rightful owner." fun times.

good luck red, praying all is well. Update us when you can. It's ok to complain (not that you were) -- we care and we're here to listen :foryou:

good luck red, praying all is well. Update us when you can. It's ok to complain ( you were ) -- we care and we're here to listen :foryou:

Fixed that for you KG. :snicker: :lol:

Take care red, let us know how you're doing :flowers:

check all the lost pet ads you can find, from the last couple of months -- newspaper classifieds, craigslist, other internet postings. Call local vets offices, shelters and animal control and ask if they have a lost dog flyer that fits his description. After a few weeks or a month people stop looking really hard. Bring him to a vet just to have him scanned to see if he has a microchip (there should be no charge for the scan; ask first). I know this is probably the last thing you need right now.

Good luck. I once found someone's pet parrot, and I have to say I made a much bigger effort to locate the rightful owner than the %$#@ owner did to try to find their bird. They pretty much gave up as soon as it flew away... I plastered the town with flyers and put classified ads in many newspapers, even as far away as Rockford (HEY I didn't know how far that parrot might have flown). The bird had some very unusual markings for a parrot, so I said they had to describe the bird to get it back. Soooo everyone who had ever lost a bird within 100 miles of me was calling that week; the phone was ringing off the hook. Eventually the real owner called and the bird went home. After that I stopped answering the phone and put a message on the answering machine that said, "If you're calling about the bird we found, it has been reunited with its rightful owner." fun times.

You are much better than I. I called animal control and a police officer came to pick him up. Kinda figure it is out of my hands now. I would think that if you lost a dog you would call animal control. :9: Now I am freaking out? Am I really supposed to do all that stuff so that this dog can find his owner?

St. Cat's or Aurora? (please tell me St. Cat's). :bee:

Good luck babe. :huggy:

You are much better than I. I called animal control and a police officer came to pick him up. Kinda figure it is out of my hands now. I would think that if you lost a dog you would call animal control. :9: Now I am freaking out? Am I really supposed to do all that stuff so that this dog can find his owner?

no babe, you did the right thing. They will scan him at animal control. Hopefully he has a chip with a current address and phone number. In my county, animal control has working relationships with most of the rescues/shelters; yours is probably similar.

I got the bird home AFTER animal control was closed for the day (and the weekend) so I had to at least keep it a few days..... and by that time I was knee deep anyway.

(also I kind of wanted to keep the parrot)

I would have done exactly what you did.

Saying a prayer for good news, Red :huggy:

St. Cat's or Aurora? (please tell me St. Cat's). :bee:

Good luck babe. :huggy:

No, Aurora. Didn't realize that it was a full blown hospital. Why? What's the matter with it? You had said once, "Please don't tell me you're delivering there too!" when I mentioned Aurora Elkhorn. :dunce: what am I missing??

Well at least while waiting I have entertainment (besides CW of course). There is a po-po in here with one in custody. Not sure why but he's asking the policeman if he smokes pot lol and i"since your wife is pregnant, do you still watch tv?" :dunce: what kind of question is that? And I don't *think* they know each other, must have come up in chit chat.
He's a weirdo for sure.

No, Aurora. Didn't realize that it was a full blown hospital. Why? What's the matter with it? You had said once, "Please don't tell me you're delivering there too!" when I mentioned Aurora Elkhorn. :dunce: what am I missing??

Well at least while waiting I have entertainment (besides CW of course). There is a po-po in here with one in custody. Not sure why but he's asking the policeman if he smokes pot lol and i"since your wife is pregnant, do you still watch tv?" :dunce: what kind of question is that? And I don't *think* they know each other, must have come up in chit chat.
He's a weirdo for sure.

Nothing in particular............St. Cat's is just better in general IMO. They usually get you right in where as with Aurora you have to wait sometimes a long time and I didn't like some of their docs. I did have both my kids at Aurora though with no problems. :)

St. Cat's is a beautiful hospital and I really like all the docs I've gone to there.

Anyway, they better take good care of my Red and Baby Red!

Back