What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

You should really use knee pads when you....... :giggles:

I WISH that is what it's from. This owie is from falling on the basement floor last week. :(

Northcenter. In one of the best up and coming school dist.

Not really what we want......I guess....but have to, due to DH's dad.

Although, 25 years on this block is enough...I think.

Can't you bring his Dad here?

Realtor coming tomorrow, 11:eek:o am. Sad...Happy...Bitter/Sweet. Don't know how to feel.
Overwhelmed?

See what happens when I actually have a social life. Must have missed something last weekend when I was busy and had limited time on here. So what's the story?

Is there anyway to move DH's dad out to live with you guys? Maybe sell the house, move to a slightly less impressive school district (which I'm sure will be much less expensive) and have boatloads of extra money but still be in Jewel-land and be able to take care of his dad.

Realtor coming tomorrow, 11:eek:o am. Sad...Happy...Bitter/Sweet. Don't know how to feel.
Overwhelmed?

Wrigleyville...hmmm...could you be back by October? KG, mrsmom and I would be happy to house sit on a rotating schedule of home game days ;)

See what happens when I actually have a social life. Must have missed something last weekend when I was busy and had limited time on here. So what's the story?

Steve's sitting on a real estate pot of gold and his DH's dad needs them in FL. They'd be living in his dad's house (he's in assisted living but they may bring him home if they move there).

And there was something about water and gators but I'm a little fuzzy on that part.

:giggles:

Overwhelmed?

you'd better feel like it's time to start packing, baby!!

I know how you feel. We've been here 10 years. I really hate some things about this house (black tile floor in the bathroom, anyone?) but I am fond of the house because there are a lot of memories here. I put a lot of work into it, turning it from a wallpaper-covered, dated-looking man-cave into my pretty house.

If your priority is family, then you do what it takes to take care of DH's dad. List the negatives about moving, and find ways to cope with them. List the positives about moving, and remind yourself about those positives if you find yourself feeling reluctant to move.

And it sounds like you'll make a killing if you sell now. That would ease a lot of the pain if it were me..

Steve's sitting on a real estate pot of gold and his DH's dad needs them in FL. They'd be living in his dad's house (he's in assisted living but they may bring him home if they move there).

And there was something about water and gators but I'm a little fuzzy on that part.

That pretty much sums it up!

Everything is sooo expensive here, taxes etc. and FL is really cheap.

I'm actually looking for temporary housing from July - November-ish :bee:

Well if it doesn't work out with Steve maybe BF would like a new houseguest. :giggles:

Tried doing the positive/neg. list.

All the positives were moving.....all the negatives were staying here!

Except for the 25 yrs. of stuff collected!

I'm actually looking for temporary housing from July - November-ish :bee:

I meant, your car, for when you come to see the Cubs!!! Not your ****!!! :lol: :flowers:

Well if it doesn't work out with Steve maybe BF would like a new houseguest. :giggles:

:snicker: I do like frosting... but the commute would be killer. Heck the commute from Steve's neighborhood would be killer too. He's in the city proper, and I'm way the F out in the suburbs, so far it's almost rural.

I meant, your car, for when you come to see the Cubs!!! Not your ****!!! :lol: :flowers:

:nopompom: guess I'll keep looking. It's ok, Joan didn't want me living with her either :37:

Princess Steve wants a moat around his castle ;)

Overwhelmed?

My SIL and BIL live in Oak Park and just listed their home this week in order to move to Denver. According to Zillow, their house is valued around 435,000 but they listed for 629,000 and their realtor is very confident that they'll get close to that. Certain areas in/near the city are highly desirable and homes in those areas move fast and sell for a lot.

In the meantime, my home in the burbs has fluctuated between 360 K and 570 K over the last several years. Real estate is nuts IMO.

Good luck ... hope it sells at a good price as quickly (or as slowly) as you want it to!

Back