What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Holy **** Autumnsky that sucks! I'm so sorry! I will say a prayer for her and for you. My DD's teeth look horrible and I keep thinking she'll need braces...but she doesn't even have all her permanent teeth yet. She will be 8 this next yr. I am sorry please give her a big hug from us.

Thanks. She will have full braces in two phases. The full set she has on now is supposed to be making room in her tiny mouth for her adult teeth. She's supposed to have these on for about8-9 months. Then I think she gets a retainer...then when all her adult teeth are in, she'll go back in braces. My poor girl...she finally just started eating foods again from getting them on last week and now we are back to negative square 3. lol. I just hope they'll be ok. Im so nervous for her. Thanks for the hug! :)

why is her mouth tiny? was she a thumbsucker?

DD's first dds appointment resulted in future ortho consult bc of thumbsucking. she has a sidebite and a narrow palatte.

Two phase braces for narrow mouths is pretty common now. In the past when you went to the orthodontist in your teens they would pull permanent teeth to make room for the other teeth to be straightened out. Now they do the early first phase around 7-9 years old with just a few brackets and palette expander so they won't have to pull permanent teeth when it's time for their second phase which is more for straightening.

My DD9 is in the wait and see phase, might still need two phase but most likely just one phase once all permanent teeth come in. My DD8 is 10 months into Phase one. My dS15 is 6 months into a 2 year treatment because we never brought him in at a young age because we thought his teeth looked good. But in reality he has some serious jaw alignment problems.

Heading up to the UP of Michigan, camping on Lake Superior for a week :)

We did that a few years ago...ok, like 6 years ago. :p Which campground? Ours was in Munising, I think at a state park. The kids had a BLAST digging in the shallow water for "treasures." There was lots of old iron/metal things. The kids found what was clearly silverware at some point. It kept them busy for HOURS. :lol:

Two phase braces for narrow mouths is pretty common now. In the past when you went to the orthodontist in your teens they would pull permanent teeth to make room for the other teeth to be straightened out. Now they do the early first phase around 7-9 years old with just a few brackets and palette expander so they won't have to pull permanent teeth when it's time for their second phase which is more for straightening.

That's what I had done. They pulled 5 perfectly good adult teeth when I was 16..............good times. :surrender:

I didn't know about this new procedure. I guess that's why I keep seeing little kids with braces..........I thought that was odd. :9:

I'm so sorry, Autumn! I hope your DD is ok. If you want some help, I am free on Thursday until 3:30. :huggy:

Time to get off the internet and have some cocoa it's been a crappy couple of weeks :pout:

We did that a few years ago...ok, like 6 years ago. :p Which campground? Ours was in Munising, I think at a state park. The kids had a BLAST digging in the shallow water for "treasures." There was lots of old iron/metal things. The kids found what was clearly silverware at some point. It kept them busy for HOURS. :lol:

We are camping at McLain State Park, north of Houghton. My kids aren't big swimmers but wading in the shallow water, playing with rocks is high on the "to-do" list while we are there.

Autumn :huggy:

Annie :huggy:

Hope everyone feels better/recovers real soon :foryou:

why is her mouth tiny? was she a thumbsucker?

DD's first dds appointment resulted in future ortho consult bc of thumbsucking. she has a sidebite and a narrow palatte.

She has a small mouth like her mama. But loud...like her mama!

I wish the black cloud over some of our CW peeps would be lifted! Lots of bad news lately!

DH just told the baby, "You're so sad! Aww. But I'm not going to hold you for an hour until you finally pass out."

I looked at him like WHAAAA? and said, "WTF do you think I do all day??"

It may be baby #3 but he still thinks that every little wimper means "I'm hungry" and back into my arms and onto the boob she should go. SMH

I had a very relaxing softball tryout tonight. I say "I" because we all know it's more stressful for the parents than the kids. :lol: I was sweating this one out because while we were told DD14 had a spot on the team, I was really worried about it because DD is 14U & the team is 16U. My fear was that we'd get there & the coaches would be "wowed" by newcomers & boot us over where we belong, on the 14U tryout field. :lol:

All is well. Whew! This is a big deal because as those of you with teenage daughters know, teenagers are ****es. We LUCKED OUT this year: awesomely friendly kids, nice parents & excellent coaches. I was dreading a year of being the new one on a team.

My DH always tried to pull that with our first one too, made me crazy. So when the next baby was born, I decided to pump full time and let him bottle feed her. Then when she cried 30 minutes after downing 4-6 oz he wasn't very quick to say, "Here, she must be hungry.". Umm, no, just hold her and YOU figure it out.

DH just told the baby, "You're so sad! Aww. But I'm not going to hold you for an hour until you finally pass out."

I looked at him like WHAAAA? and said, "WTF do you think I do all day??"

It may be baby #3 but he still thinks that every little wimper means "I'm hungry" and back into my arms and onto the boob she should go. SMH

:huggy: I hope you feel better soon red and this is for your mistah :slap:

:lol:

The cocoa wasn't good at all. So disappointed! I was looking forward to it :pout: I poured half of it out. Salted caramel my ****...had sort of an amaretto taste to it...but not a good one! Guess I'll go to bed...it's going to be morning soon!

Back