What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

2 of my nieces and my nephew leave in 10 days. I will not see them until Christmas (maybe) :pout:

I go back to school in 8 days, not sure if I'm ready.

I wonder if they'd do tattoo removal. I have a pretty huge piece on my leg that I like...but not on me.

Just spent the last half hour explaining the Lipton deal at Meijer to my 70 year old neighbor, then I threw in the 1.50 off ground beef coupon to go with it and spent another 15 minutes explaining that one, I should have just bought it for her and she could have paid me back, why do I do this to myself :pullhair:

Red, I don't know if you're frumpy enough for that show. The penis hat alone might move you to the top of their "To Be Considered" list, though. :p

I was already excited that we get paid 3x this month but we just found out today that we'll be getting a quarterly bonus with this weeks check! :hiphip:Boss said it looks like things are picking up a bit and it looks more promising than it did a year ago. Plus we had a free lunch today. :cartwheel:

Oh boy, exWife is being somewhat agreeable in emails to DH today. That is going to give me stomach trauma. She is the most UNagreeable person I've ever known. Something is up.

Chest is tightening....

Oh boy, exWife is being somewhat agreeable in emails to DH today. That is going to give me stomach trauma. She is the most UNagreeable person I've ever known. Something is up.

Chest is tightening....

BREATHE!!!!!

I have 3 envelopes ready to be shipped out to various places for this adoption......I hope I've done them right and nothing gets rejected......already had that happen once............must adoption be sooooo stressful??????????

Sorry, Chinamom. :huggy: I'm stressed going the domestic foster care to adoption route. Overseas & I'd be a wreck. It's a lot of stress. Hang in there. Your DD will be here soon! :)

I had such a nice time with DH yesterday. For less than $30 + gas, we went for a long drive in WI, stopped at a drive-in diner, walked along the Lake Michigan beach for hours. I found a bunch of beach glass (I'm like a raccoon when it comes to beach glass). We stopped at the Mars Cheese Castle on the way home and bought a loaf of cheese bread (and some non-fried cheese curds). We ate about half the bread in the car on the way home; it was SO GOOD!

That's wonderful KG! Such a romantic day!

That's wonderful KG! Such a romantic day!

Spending the day together without distractions was the important thing, not where we went. We usually at least get away for a couple days for our anniversary, but a couple factors affected our plans this year. Before I got knocked up, our plan was to spend a week backpacking on Isle Royale this week. Then we changed plans to visit Spring Green WI for a few days... but we still haven't closed on our house, and I don't feel comfortable leaving town overnight until that's done. After we close on the house, we will still do Spring Green this year. And someday we will get to Isle Royale, even if we have to cut the backpacking part out and stay in the developed areas. It's a rough ferry ride across Lake Superior to get there, and we would still be camping there (and hauling all our equipment and supplies on the boat), so I'm guessing we probably won't get there at least until the babe is potty trained.

For the moms who camp, at what age did you first take your kids camping? I have no desire to leave the little one home with grandma and grandpa while we travel. There is the obvious convenience of having a potty trained kid, but then do we wait until he/she is 4 or 5 so he/she can remember it? We likely would only visit Isle Royale once, ever. Some of my earliest memories are from a trip to Disneyland when I was 3, but I don't remember much. Not that DH and I are Disney type people anyway, just wondering how other moms have decided when to go on vacation.

blah blah blah blah... I'm sure I'm way over-thinking this. Dh and I have been together for so long, I just wonder how this new person is going to affect who we are and what we love to do.

I took my 4th son camping when he was a month old. But we have a travel trailer, it wasn't tent camping.

Valerie camps with 6 kids. Pretty sure she does it when they're little. She's gone camping now. But they do have a trailer.

I camped with my parents and DS1 when he was less than a year old, tent camping. Wasn't so bad, just I had to be watching him constantly, so one adult will have to be on kid duty and the other on all the other many things needed to camp.

I had such a nice time with DH yesterday. For less than $30 + gas, we went for a long drive in WI, stopped at a drive-in diner, walked along the Lake Michigan beach for hours. I found a bunch of beach glass (I'm like a raccoon when it comes to beach glass). We stopped at the Mars Cheese Castle on the way home and bought a loaf of cheese bread (and some non-fried cheese curds). We ate about half the bread in the car on the way home; it was SO GOOD!

KG....a girl after my own heart! :giggles:

KG....a girl after my own heart! :giggles:

Steve, I made DH take me to Glass Beach when we were in northern California last year.. the beach was ~50% beach glass! I wish I had better pics. I was so enamored with the sea-gems I only took this one really crappy pic of the beach glass when we were there (my collection is in storage so I'll share that after we unpack from the next move). How far from the ocean will you be after you move?

P1010091.JPG

Yes, I know I am a hoarder :hides: That's why I think it's best if I avoid your estate sale....

blah blah blah blah... I'm sure I'm way over-thinking this. Dh and I have been together for so long, I just wonder how this new person is going to affect who we are and what we love to do.

My DH and I were toghether 14 years before we started a family. We always traveled before children. Once we had children we continued with the kids, just in a different way. You will keep on doing what you enjoy to do just with a few tweeks. Your family will grow together in amazing ways. Honestly in the end the only thing we can give our children is love and memories....all the rest is just chance. I remember so wanting out of the baby stage so the kids would be more portable.....now I miss those days. Make sure you treasure every moment good or bad.

Back