What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

You STILL haven't closed on your house? :hb: Do I need to go threaten these people? A baby is a life changer for sure, but you will still be able to do fun things. This weekend we went apple picking with DS and made a pie. It is a yearly tradition. Also, vacations will be fine. Just do some of the things that you want mixed in with a few kid things. I remember going to countless national parks as a kid (what mom wanted to do) and we still had a blast.

My DH and I were toghether 14 years before we started a family. We always traveled before children. Once we had children we continued with the kids, just in a different way. You will keep on doing what you enjoy to do just with a few tweeks. Your family will grow together in amazing ways. Honestly in the end the only thing we can give our children is love and memories....all the rest is just chance. I remember so wanting out of the baby stage so the kids would be more portable.....now I miss those days. Make sure you treasure every moment good or bad.

:huggy: thank you! A good reminder to embrace the present and deal with the future when it comes.

What is wrong with Taylor Swift?

Why would a successful 22 yr old woman go slumming with an 18 yr old manboy from a very troubled family?

Rumors are she even bought the big old house next door to his Granny's in Hyannisport.

You STILL haven't closed on your house? :hb: Do I need to go threaten these people? A baby is a life changer for sure, but you will still be able to do fun things. This weekend we went apple picking with DS and made a pie. It is a yearly tradition. Also, vacations will be fine. Just do some of the things that you want mixed in with a few kid things. I remember going to countless national parks as a kid (what mom wanted to do) and we still had a blast.

no, still haven't closed. I think we finally got to the bottom of a pile of lies and BS and farting around. I put DH in charge; it was getting too stressful for me.

The national parks were the best vacations when I was a kid! I was amazed by all the people I met in college who hadn't ever seen an ocean or the Grand Canyon or even been as far west as the Rockies. DH's childhood vacations consisted of visiting relatives in Kansas every Christmas and every summer. He hated it -- still hates Kansas to this day.

What is wrong with Taylor Swift?

Why would a successful 22 yr old woman go slumming with an 18 yr old manboy from a very troubled family?

Rumors are she even bought the big old house next door to his Granny's in Hyannisport.

ask Georgie.:giggles:

I had such a nice time with DH yesterday. For less than $30 + gas, we went for a long drive in WI, stopped at a drive-in diner, walked along the Lake Michigan beach for hours. I found a bunch of beach glass (I'm like a raccoon when it comes to beach glass). We stopped at the Mars Cheese Castle on the way home and bought a loaf of cheese bread (and some non-fried cheese curds). We ate about half the bread in the car on the way home; it was SO GOOD!

:tap: :tap: :tap: I must have been away from my phone. :pms:

The Spot, Andy's or Big Star? Or did you go further north to A&W on the I?

Mars is overrated IMO. It's a neat building, but pretty boring inside. :9:

Right, cause you, kg and Mr. kg would have been a very romantic trio. :snicker:

Excited nerves are kicking in for this weekend!! A long awaited friend's wedding that I am shooting (YAY!) and a family session on Sunday. I am TOTALLY stoked and TOTALLY excited. Nerves are a good thing...the day I don't get butterflies before ANY shoot, is the day I set the camera down.

I'm still waiting for the CW housewarming partay at your house :tap: We hit the Spot; the root beer was great but I didn't like the cheese squares. They were processed cheese :pout:

yes, Mars is overpriced, but we stopped there on our way to Door County for our honeymoon so we stopped again yesterday. It seems like they've remodeled since then? We both remembered it being smaller and dinkier 12 years ago. Oh and their cheese bread is fantastic :drool:

and since I don't have any recent couponing hauls to post pics of, here is my haul from yesterday:

P1010003.JPG

so not ready for the scdhool year to begin. DDs bus comes at 6:28 even though school starts at 7:40 (it's a mile down the street) and there's one bus stop for the high school on the other side of the subdivision. It's going to take us a while to get into a routine.

Is is to much to ask that the elementary school lets me know if DS5 has morning or afternoon kindergarten?? I mean school starts on the 23rd.

Last week they told me they would mail a postcard this week. Gee thanks. Good thing I HAVE nothing to do everyday..............

We hit the Spot; the root beer was great but I didn't like the cheese squares. They were processed cheese :pout:

yes, Mars is overpriced, but we stopped there on our way to Door County for our honeymoon so we stopped again yesterday. It seems like they've remodeled since then? We both remembered it being smaller and dinkier 12 years ago. Oh and their cheese bread is fantastic :drool:

Yes Spot root beer is the only root beer I like. I can't believe you didn't like the cheese squares! OMG they're delish! Yes processed, but still yummy.

Mars' building is new (as of a few years ago now). It's too touristy now.

Next time try Big Star. They're only open in the summer though.

Is is to much to ask that the elementary school lets me know if DS5 has morning or afternoon kindergarten?? I mean school starts on the 23rd.

Last week they told me they would mail a postcard this week. Gee thanks. Good thing I HAVE nothing to do everyday..............

Hang in there sweetie....but on the other hand I would be miffed too.

Have to disagree on Big Star. I love their food but if KG does not like processed cheese, she most likely will not like it. If I remember correctly, they use "velveeta" which is so overly processed cheese on their burgers.

Have to disagree on Big Star. I love their food but if KG does not like processed cheese, she most likely will not like it. If I remember correctly, they use "velveeta" which is so overly processed cheese on their burgers.

Well since I don't eat burgers I guess I didn't realize that. :lol: I love their chicken sandwich and my kids love their chicken strips and cheese fries.

So, I called our foster care/adoption caseworker this morning to set up our final "walk through" for next week once we finish our classes. He's coming Wednesday morning. I asked him after we finish class on Monday & he comes on Wednesday, how long it takes to be officially licensed. He said, "I'll submit your paperwork that day or the next day and you should get your license the first week of September. Two kids came up for adoption last week & I think you'll like them & I want to go over them with you. But we can wait til next week."

:faint:

Ummmm....I AM NOT ready. I don't even have a bedroom set up. Do you think my DH would be pissed if I cut a hole in the wall where the door to our new attic room will be? I think if there is a gaping hole in our family room, it will have to be addressed sooner than later. :snicker: I haven't even told him what the caseworker said yet. He is going to freak when he realizes it really could be super quick. His biggest fear is that he will come home from work to three unknown children zipping through the house. :lol:

That is terrible. What about the people who work and have to figure out daycare. I would be very angry.

So, I called our foster care/adoption caseworker this morning to set up our final "walk through" for next week once we finish our classes. He's coming Wednesday morning. I asked him after we finish class on Monday & he comes on Wednesday, how long it takes to be officially licensed. He said, "I'll submit your paperwork that day or the next day and you should get your license the first week of September. Two kids came up for adoption last week & I think you'll like them & I want to go over them with you. But we can wait til next week."

Ummmm....I AM NOT ready. I don't even have a bedroom set up. Do you think my DH would be pissed if I cut a hole in the wall where the door to our new attic room will be? I think if there is a gaping hole in our family room, it will have to be addressed sooner than later. :snicker: I haven't even told him what the caseworker said yet. He is going to freak when he realizes it really could be super quick. His biggest fear is that he will come home from work to three unknown children zipping through the house. :lol:

WOW!! Well good luck!! And :lol: if you cut a hole in the wall can you take pics of his face?? :lol:

I've done similar things, it gets the job done faster :lol:
I've also done things like leave car parts, oil, filter, etc laying on my car seat when I knew my dad wanted to use my car (my car had a trailer hitch, his didn't). Everything got done then without having to ask :giggles:

Back