What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

The old saying is soooooooo true - No news is good news, therefore it is better if I stop reading the news online.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...st-fugitive-doctor-because-too-184830159.html

Charges dropped against fugitive doctor, because evidence is using too much space on federal servers
By Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow – 4 hrs ago

Email
Print

Federal charges against Armando Angulo were dropped because evidence was taking up too much space (AP/Florida Attorney …The federal government has more than 400,000 pages of evidence against fugitive Miami doctor Armando Angulo, taking up some two terabytes of digital space. On the surface, it sounds like a pretty solid case. But at the urging of prosecutors, charges were dropped against the doctor because the evidence is simply taking up too much space on government servers.

"Continued storage of these materials is difficult and expensive," wrote Stephanie Rose, the U.S. attorney for northern Iowa, describing the ongoing evidence storage as "an economic and political hardship" for the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

As the Associated Press notes, the collection of evidence against Angulo, who is charged with illegally selling prescription medicines online, is enough to print the classic novel "War and Peace" 625,000 times.

The evidence against Angulo alone reportedly was taking up 5 percent of the DEA's entire worldwide global storage network. Part of that limited storage capacity stems from the fact that the DEA has not recently upgraded its storage capacity. An external hard drive with a terabyte of storage can be easily purchased online at outlets like Best Buy for around $100.

Angulo fled to his native Panama shortly after the investigation began in 2004. In 2007 he was indicted on federal charges of selling prescription drugs online to patients who were never examined or interviewed by licensed physicians.

The investigation is the largest of its kind in U.S. history and has already led to the conviction of 26 individuals, including 19 doctors.

U.S. District Judge Linda Reade dismissed the case with prejudice, meaning it cannot be refiled in court. However, Angulo cannot return to the U.S. where he is still wanted on other charges. Authorities say his alleged crimes were not victimless, costing Medicaid $6.5 million and leading several individuals into drug addiction and other health risks.

The postcard finally came. DS5 has AM Kindergarten, which starts a week from today.

I can't believe he is going to school. I don't know if I should feel :pout: or :hiphip:

My emotions are all over the place. On the positive side DH was offered work on Friday after he got laid off on Monday because he took Thursday & Friday off to take me to the hospital and stay home and take care of the boys. According to his Superintendent a D&C is not a big deal. Everybody has miscarriages! Oh and we have 2 kids, they should be enough:pms:

Name and addy please, I will personally **** slap him!!!!! You go thru it personally you butt head, and then tell me it is no big deal!

What a total jack ****!!!

Picked up tix to Cirque Shanghai using Hottix for tomorrow at Navy Pier. It's a 2:00 show so i'm thinking there should be plenty of time to check out the Navel ships (starts at 12) and catch the air show practice at 3. I missed out when Cirque Shanghai was on Groupon a few days ago but I think the hottix price is pretty good.

Kid is going back to school Wednesday, I feel like fun ends than. :(

Ya, I know....:wtmi:

Name and addy please, I will personally **** slap him!!!!! You go thru it personally you butt head, and then tell me it is no big deal!

What a total jack ****!!!

:shesaid: :demonstrate::mob"

What a ****!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping your post meant you were getting a cold, but based on the posts that followed I'm thinking not.

:huggy: ennui.

My sis is getting a mammogram & biopsy right now. I'm very worried, both about what the results may be and how she'll handle it if it's bad.

Praying for good news and strength.

I have been there & done that. Sending many good thoughts for your sister.

HA! Since DH has a ton of free time right now he is stuck on bedwetting duty...we are trying the alarm AGAIN...here's hoping it works....school starts on Wed. we shall see...he has been super tired these past few days...now he knows how I felt! :lol:

Thank you all for your prayers & concern. :huggy:.

It is cancer. She had a mammogram, ultrasound & several biopsies today. The detailed results won't be in until Monday, but they've already booked her with a surgeon and will start chemo before the surgery. It most likely has already spread to her lung. :cry1:

I will put aside my fears to be the rock my little sis needs, set aside my frustration & anger that she stupidly knew she had a mass in her breast for more than 10 years and refused to get it checked. :hb:

She is finally getting care, & I will do whatever it takes to make sure she continues treatment.

Thank G-d she is here in MA, and fully covered under state mandated health insurance [Romneycare]. One less thing to worry about.

All I can do now is continue praying that it will all work out.

[Need to work on my stress management, too, ate too much crap in the last few days because of nerves.]

Oh my gosh ennui :pout: I'm so sorry to hear that. What a tough road she has ahead of her (you all do). You and your family will all be in my thoughts & prayers.

so sorry to hear that, sending prayers for you and family for it is a hard road ahead

So sorry to hear the news ennui. Glad to hear you are also thinking about yourself though, you need to stay strong for her.

it's 59 degrees outside....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ♥♥♥

OMGosh!!! 10 years.... it must have been a very slow spreading cancer ... and i guess much more likely to be curable at the beginning :pout: if you care to share, may i ask what finally made her go in to get checked out after such a long time (forgive me if you posted and I missed it... not sure if i'm up-to-date)

Back