What's new

Someone PLEASE help me understand this

I am sorry to hear you are on this emotional roller coaster. I don't have any advice; but wish you and your daughter peace of mind soon whatever the outcome. Sorry you both have to go through this. I have personally and understand the ups and downs.

Oh Joy....I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this...on top of other things.

My prayers are with you and your daughter.

Doctor's nurse just called

Saturday's official level was 45,720 Monday's level was 54,868. Not double as it should be but much higher than they would expect them to be rising. Doctor's notes say "probable impending miscarriage, NOT definite - repeat ultrasound Friday".

:faint:

Nurse went back to talk to doctor while I held and came back with this...it is possible that there is a highly underdeveloped baby hiding in there somewhere but given the level only rising around 10,000 when it should be doubling it is most likely to have severe defects (to the extent it would unlikely be able to survive in utero much less become and be born a full term baby). As such....they MUST wait to see what the ultrasound on Friday shows before they can even begin to decide how to proceed.

If there is an underdeveloped baby with severe issues, then it would be up to DD to decide what to do. :pout::pout::pout:

And I have to explain all of this to my baby girl. :surrender:

I don't even have words..... :huggy:

My daughters losses came early. I think the 4th one she had heard a heartbeat and I was to go 2 weeks later for her next appointment. Sadly at that visit there wasn't one anymore. The doctor was surprised and sad. I say it just wasn't meant to be at that time. I'm so sorry your all having to go through this.

oh sweetie I'm so sorry for your families loss :huggy:

I can't imagine going through this more than once :pout:

My daughters losses came early. I think the 4th one she had heard a heartbeat and I was to go 2 weeks later for her next appointment. Sadly at that visit there wasn't one anymore. The doctor was surprised and sad. I say it just wasn't meant to be at that time. I'm so sorry your all having to go through this.

Hugs to you and your family. So sorry for all that you all are going through.

My baby girl has reached her end mentally and emotionally. She can't understand how they could be so adamant (the prev. doc) that there was no hope, and now this doctor is saying slow down something unusual is going on here and we aren't sure what. She's like they are DOCTORS! aren't they supposed to KNOW?! She feels like they are trying to make it seem like there is still a tiny little miniscule sliver of hope even though really it might be a one in a trillion chance, but they don't think so.

I just spent over an hour trying to explain it all to her and try to make it "make sense" and I've failed miserably. I can't make sense of it so it silly of me to think I could make her feel better I guess. This sucks

I am so sorry Joy. Hugs for you and your daughter. I am sure the waiting game is not helping matters. :pout:

I am just so, so sorry you and your little girl have to go through this. She is too young to have to deal with the heartache associated with this. I know how you feel, to have the hope, but not wanting to hope too much, because it just hurts too much. Take it one day at a time, wait, and just keep praying. Keep praying for the strength to make it through another day, to know with certainty what to do, and to find comfort in the friends around you.

I have written a response, deleted it and written yet another response, deleted it and walked away from the computer. I was hoping to see you tonight at Sears, if only for a moment, to give you a great big bear hug. I pray for you to have the strength to find your path through all of this while guiding your daughter. There is so much more that I pray for you, but each wording seems so cold and callous and I want to lift you up, not weigh you down. My best at the moment is that I've borrowed this quote from a friend,

Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the One who hears it and not the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference. - Max Lucado

Back