What's new

The Confabulation Thread - Part 2

I have wanted a Wii for a while. But I hardly play the 360 or the ps3...

When I first bought mine, I turned it on I started to set it up and I got the RROD! :lol:

They gave me a new one like 30min later!!

They're coming out with a new dashboard? Do you have to have Live to get it?
lol. I remember seeing a story of a guy who went through 16 or 17 360's, all rrod.

I don't like you have to have the Gold Live. Isn't the Gold membership just for online gaming? I'm on the one month free you get when you first sign up.

i play my Wii almost every day.
I did for like a month or so. Wii sports is great but it got old after a while for me. I bought a ton of old school games on the Wii store, those are alright.

I have wanted a Wii for a while. But I hardly play the 360 or the ps3...
You should make sure you REALLY want one before getting one lol. I mean there are tons like barry that love and use it long term but many also don't.

Look at it this way. There 30 million Wii's, 20 million 360's and 15 million PS3's world wide. Yet in total games sales the Wii's is in last place and a just way behind the 360.

It's attach rate is very low for games. A good percentage of wii owners never buy more than a few games for it. A few never get anything but the wii sports that comes with it lol.

Maybe you'd like it, I don't know. For me it turned out to be a novelty :p

I didn't until Sunday :D.
details

I fell asleep at 6am...now I woke up at 11am. Thats not enough sleep.

lol. I remember seeing a story of a guy who went through 16 or 17 360's, all rrod.

I don't like you have to have the Gold Live. Isn't the Gold membership just for online gaming? I'm on the one month free you get when you first sign up.
So wait...theres different levels of Live??WTF!?

I did for like a month or so. Wii sports is great but it got old after a while for me. I bought a ton of old school games on the Wii store, those are alright.

You should make sure you REALLY want one before getting one lol. I mean there are tons like barry that love and use it long term but many also don't.

Look at it this way. There 30 million Wii's, 20 million 360's and 15 million PS3's world wide. Yet in total games sales the Wii's is in last place and a just way behind the 360.

It's attach rate is very low for games. A good percentage of wii owners never buy more than a few games for it. A few never get anything but the wii sports that comes with it lol.

Maybe you'd like it, I don't know. For me it turned out to be a novelty :p
Yeah thats why I have never bought one :lol:

I mean the 360 & ps3 have great games and I hardly ever play those!!!

I fell asleep at 6am...now I woke up at 11am. Thats not enough sleep.
Go back to sleep.

I'm going for another slurpee but I don't suggest that course of action for you. That **** will keep you up :lol:

So wait...theres different levels of Live??WTF!?

Yeah thats why I have never bought one :lol:

I mean the 360 & ps3 have great games and I hardly ever play those!!!
yeah theres Silver and Gold.

As far as I know Silver is free and you can access the Marketplace online store and I think you can send friends messages but you can play any online games and co-op etc...
You also may not be able to download any movies or shows, i'm not sure though.

The big things about live is you get acess to early demos and such sometimes and you can play online with friends.

After my free month I may just go with the free silver. I don't know yet though

Kyp said:
Go back to sleep.

I'm going for another slurpee but I don't suggest that course of action for you. That **** will keep you up :lol:
I should. I'm like shaking. And maybe a little delirious. My eyes keep closing. I can't wait to go back to work maybe I'll start sleping again :confused:

Kyp said:
yeah theres Silver and Gold.

As far as I know Silver is free and you can access the Marketplace online store and I think you can send friends messages but you can play any online games and co-op etc...
You also may not be able to download any movies or shows, i'm not sure though.

The big things about live is you get acess to early demos and such sometimes and you can play online with friends.

After my free month I may just go with the free silver. I don't know yet though
How much is the gold? I'm going to have to check it out. I don't think I would sign up for the gold though.

Howbout a picture instead? Of course a shotgun and handgun had to horn in on the pic.

DSC00940.JPG

I built the lower receiver from a Tactical Innovations stripped lower and an Armalite lower parts kit. It's got a Colt M4 buttstock with cheekpiece. The upper is a factory built RRA M4A3 HBAR upper. It's a flat top receiver and that carry handle detaches. It shoots nice too. :D.

The shotgun in the pic is my Remington 11-87 and the handgun is a stainless Ruger P345PR. I have two of those.

All 3 are very nice. You pretty much built it from the best makers of each part lol

I have a colt 9mm AR, I think i posted the pics way back and added a RRA AR15. No pics of that one yet.

No pics of that one yet

No excuses, that must change. :D.

I'm trying to decide what my next upper will be. I'm debating between a 20" 5.56 upper with 1/7 twist or a 6.8SPC upper.

Now...what do you guys do with the assault rifles?
You ever see that movie Heat with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino :mellow:

j/k :shifty:

Well I shoot for fun from time to time

You never know though what kind of crazy **** can go down now. All I know is if the need be I have enough ammo to take our most my neighbors :p

Plinking mostly. .223/5.56 is the cheapest centerfire rifle ammo to shoot right now. Even when you reload (I do) it costs less for the components.

It's also a good "end of the world as we know it" rifle. Plentiful ammo. Round to weight ratio is low so you can carry lots of it. Accurate at long ranges. Low recoil. What's not to like :D.

No excuses, that must change. :D.

I'm trying to decide what my next upper will be. I'm debating between a 20" 5.56 upper with 1/7 twist or a 6.8SPC upper.
I will get some

I would think 5.56 has cheaper ammo to shoot, although I don't know **** about 6.8. thats a much newer round right. like only a few years old or am I thinking of something else.

Yeah. The 5.56/.223 is much cheaper, esp if you find deals on milsurp ammo. The 6.8 has the advantage of a heavy enough bullet to reliably hunt with. It uses bullet weights in the 120-140 grain range mostly. Sort of comparable to a .270 winchester with low velocity loads.

If I got a 1/7 twist rate 20" 5.56 barrel I could hunt with heavy for caliber .223 loads. (the one in seven twist will stabilize the heavier bullets where a one in 9 twist barrel will not).

Either way I go I'll probably buy the upper first and then build another lower for it later. For now I can just swap uppers and have a new gun :D.

That's the cool thing about the AR platform. Modularity.

:lol: I was going to say that but I didn't want to sound out there :p

Leave that to me :D.

I hang around with so many gun nuts on so many gun boards that the acronyms have become hilarious.

TEOTOWAKI
The End Of The World As We Know It.

SHTF
**** Hits The Fan

They go on and on........

I'm supposed to go to 2 pool parties today. 1 for a good friends birthday the 2nd is a going away party for 2 friends...

I fell asleep at 3am and woke up at 6am...I don't know if I'm going anywhere. :confused:

Back