What's new

The Derailed Thread

ripping question

How come, though we are 2 pages into the thread, only one person has replied to the OP, while the rest went into "need to debate something" land?

ripping question

Proformance said:
You're saying it's "okay" to pour yourself a glass - as long as you first let someone else steal the bottle?

The person not being compensated here is the Graphic Artist who put that image up for sale - hence the watermark. The image is clearly identified in the video as stolen property.

Thunder is propogating the loss by kowingly expand the unauthorized use of the images, and there is a benefit to his self-interest or he would not have linked to it.

It's just ironic that there are so many stone throwing cheerleaders living in glass houses.

Do you know for a fact that the origional producer of the video did not post it on U-tube I know I can't say one way or the other!

ripping question

Proformance said:
OOPs! My Bad.
I didn't realize the standardds were different for other media like video and clipart.

Could someone post a conversion table (you know like the Metric vs English system) so that I can keep up with the constant conversion factors for cheerleader integrity?

PS: Just got in from another $575 karaoke night - and didn't happen to notice any pirates getting in my way. :)

asking again Pro.....instead of just throwing it in our faces that you make more than any other host out there, how about filling some of us in on what you are doing. where are you? what kind of places are you doing? are these weekly shows or one off private events? we're doing it wrong, we're doing it wrong, we're doing it wrong.......this is supposed to be a place for everyone to share ideas and help everybody move up to that next level and learn from each other, instead of we're doing it wrong, how bout "here's what i am doing" so we can all grow? i don't think that is too out of line.

ripping question

JoeChartreuse said:
How come, though we are 2 pages into the thread, only one person has replied to the OP, while the rest went into "need to debate something" land?

Joe, I believe it is because they suffer from "penis envy"

ripping question

Thunder said:
Do you know for a fact that the origional producer of the video did not post it on U-tube I know I can't say one way or the other!

Right.... sure.... whatever you say... The epitome of playing dumb. Nobody specifically told you they were NOT authorized, so that must make it all better for you... :winkpill:

ripping question

Ah, I finally got it. This thread is an amalgam of all derailed threads...

Now THAT'S funny....:laughpill::laughpill:

How come under the Transparency thread it has Pro and Thunder Banned, but looking through all the posts it only shows Thunder as Guest, yet Pro as Banned?

Thunder Hag said:
How come under the Transparency thread it has Pro and Thunder Banned, but looking through all the posts it only shows Thunder as Guest, yet Pro as Banned?

Thunder asked for his account to be deleted both here and at ODJT (again) after I banned him here and pissed him off by being blunt and sticking to my guns.

Wow, surprising.

If he comes back, does his reputation have to be re-earned? Seems fair.

If he comes back he has to start with a new account. I have no way of restoring deleted members without a whole lot of work.

Directly from SBI President on Karaoke Downloads

Chartbusterette said:
Almost everything we do is total gray area.

No it's not - it just looks that way to you because your company operates in the shadows.

Proformance said:
No it's not - it just looks that way to you because your company operates in the shadows.

Nice cheap shot, especially because that was part of the quote from starzkj. My bad for not terminating the quote (apologies for not being perfect).

Proformance said:

Proformance your walking that fine line.

DJCC said:
Proformance your walking that fine line.

I can live without chat.
Can you prove my claim about this company and this representative to be false?

Proformance said:
I can live without chat.
Can you prove my claim about this company and this representative to be false?

I do not need to prove anything to true or false. Your back-handed jabs and insults and cheap shots will not be tolerated on this board.

No one minds all the debaiting, but the personal attacks, no matter how slight, will not be put up with any longer.

DH tried that when we first started to computerize....had many failures due to media and only certain drives(some plextor,scuzzy ect) seemed to work...switched when mp3+G convert programs became available as I have said we took the hard long road to convert

JoeChartreuse said:
The thing is, storage has gotten so cheap, I'm surprised no PC host has considered copying discs directly to the HD. Though there may be SOME alteration, I would argue that this IS a direct backup, and should stand well in court.

I just recently re-ripped my discs to 320. I considered lossless or direct transfer, but I couldn't find a program that worked for karaoke. I would consider re-ripping if i found a good program that would rip in a format I could use with Swift Elite 4.

Singyoassoff...my DH had source code programer friends back in the day that custom wrote programs for him...we just never really found a way to make it work consistant....I do not think that any programs have yet solved all the problems with direct duplicating of karaoke media...after the convertion programs became accessable I dont think anyone continued to work on the issue

Singyoassoff said:
I just recently re-ripped my discs to 320. I considered lossless or direct transfer, but I couldn't find a program that worked for karaoke. I would consider re-ripping if i found a good program that would rip in a format I could use with Swift Elite 4.
You can use Tricerasoft's Elite conversion tool (included with SE4) to rip your CDG's to a bin file. Generally speaking, a bin file is basically a container, containing the audio data and cdg sub-code data for that track. You can then use MTU's Songverter to convert the bin file into the wav+g format. Presto! CDG quality right off your computer! Some products, such as Swift Elite 4, will actually play the bin file itself. However, there are problems if you attempt a key change in Swift Elite 4 if you use the bin file (song will start to stutter about 2/3 of the way through due to overloading of the cpu (my observation during troubleshooting)), but not so if you convert it to wav+g. Average difference in file size between the bin file and the wav + the CDG file...... 1 Byte. Below is a description of the wav format, courtesy of wiki:

"The most common WAV format contains uncompressed audio in the linear pulse code modulation (LPCM) format. The standard audio file format for CDs, for example, is LPCM-encoded, containing two channels of 44,100 samples per second, 16 bits per sample. Since LPCM uses an uncompressed storage method which keeps all the samples of an audio track, professional users or audio experts may use the WAV format for maximum audio quality." :winkpill:

Back