What's new

TUESDAY'S Storm...

Everyone is home..

My sisters and us did Miami and Southbeach top deck bus tours yesterday. Just thought I'd let you all know that.

:snicker:

Paul Konrad
If you are shoveling snow this morning be forewarned. This is a HEAVY snow. 16lbs per shovel. At a rate of one shovel full per 10 seconds, (which is a somewhat slow pace) you will be lifting nearly a ton of snow (2000lb) in just 20 minutes. Have fun and bend at the knees.

We didn't get that much...maybe 2". It's doing a weird misting rain/snow thing right now, but it won't amount to much. Maybe it'll switch to rain & I won't have to shovel. :)

How much did you northerners get? Seems like a lot! Be careful out there.

I think we got around 6 inches---I know that people in lake and mchenry county got more---

Can anyone in the Lincoln Way area tell me how much snow you got?

I think we got about 10-12 inches. Wet, heavy, mess. Driveway is about all the way cleared. Will have to go out at lunch time to finish cleaning up.

I think we got 12" and it's too frickin heavy, last time we got this heavy snow it took DH and I forever to clear the driveway so we called the snowplow guy, he'll be here in an hour/ Well worth the money on this snowfall, and no sore back for 2 days.

That's why we went out and did a little at a time Kathy! :) But hey I'm all for the snowplow guy too.

NWI got nothing again:( I was hoping for just enough snow for the kids to play in, but it always seems to miss us. If it is going to do the yucky rainy thing it might as well just stop altogether and warm up!

All flights good to go for China! Grandmas are boarding and DH is still waiting in O'Hare! DD and I are home and going back to sleep!!!!!!!!!
:cartwheel::cartwheel::cartwheel:

Well I pay for snow removal, but I had to avert another temper tantrum so I went out and shovelled the driveway last night.

There was about 8" out there.

Do you know that when you are out of control mad it doesn't really take that long to shovel the driveway and you are too exhausted when you come back in to be mad anymore?

I learnt my lesson last time not to kick things when I'm losing my temper.

Why was I mad? Lex wanted to use his super powers bracelet (instead of the leash) to let the dog outside. And did he tell me when he saw the dog run off? No! So the dog (11+ years old) is outside in a snowstorm and I get into a dither because I can't decide whether to leave the kids at home alone and start tracking her, call someone to come and watch the kids while I track her (but the guilt of asking someone to drive in a snowstorm prevented me from doing that), ask a neighbour to come and watch the kids while I track her (but my next door neighbours can't be in my house due to allergies - like can't breathe allergies to animals, and they put their kids to bed early so the boys couldn't go there). The more I run through and throw out possibilities the madder I get.

So instead I went out and shovelled and prayed the dog didn't get hit by a snowplow or picked up by the police ($$$ to get her back).

Almost an hour after Lex told me, and after the driveway was clear she came back.

Who knew I needed a contingency plan for when the dog gets outside in a snowstorm?

No.....I'm not. The first plan was for all of us to go. But, then DD did not want to ever go back to China. She's afraid. So, plan B was I would go. Well, after DD spent 3 weeks of December not only not sleeping, but screaming in terror every night, we gave that idea up, too. Even at nearly 4 years home, she is still very afraid of being taken back and exchanged. So, DH and the Grandmas are going and I am here.......They are going to have an awesome trip! First stop is Beijing to see the Wall, then Zhengzhou to see the Shaolin Temple and meet Wenwen, next stop X'ian to see the warriors and the muslim market and the last stop is Guangzhou for the Consulate Appointment where they will pick up Wenwen's visa. She will become a citizen in Detroit, MI on the 14th of March! And then HOME!!!!!

Deju TUEsday....

Looks like THIS Tuesday (3/5) we welcome in Winter Storm Saturday that as of now weather.com reports:

"This snow will likely be heavy in parts of Minnesota, Iowa, the northern half of Illinois, extending into Indiana and possibly western Ohio by Tuesday night"

:pout:

Back