What's new

TUESDAY'S Storm...

I have been keeping in touch with her by phone....but keeping in mind we dont want her to run out of battery.

I guess I need to clarify. School is closed as in no classes. And the doors are locked from the outside. She is inside the school.

I called before school closed and checked that students with ride problems would be able to wait inside/safe before they closed and was assured at no point would she be asked to wait outside.

I don't like her there alone (other than security) and am nervous kind of putting that online....being alone would make her vulnerable.

Just spoke to her...she is picked up.

now the wait for them to get here.

I'm glad...hopefully it's soon.....hang in there. :girl:

It looks like it stopped, but still blowing. Riverside is WET, but I would consider Riverside a main road, so 2ndary roads are probably still bad.

I hope it stays half way decent. I still have to pickup DS18 at work at 8:00, yes he went, sore ankle and all. I told him we would stop and see if we can get his car home...DH will go and ride with him.

DH is home and two different neighbors blew all our snow for us so DH wouldn't have to do it after a 2 1/2 commute. My neighbors rock. :woot:

Barb I'm glad Emm is picked up.

One good thing about all this snow--all the neighbors helping each other. It has been so much fun--building snowman with each other--helping neighbors with little kids--giving them a break and taking their kids out to play in the snow--shoveling their driveways for them--doing raok and helping shovel each others driveways. It has been fun to see everyone being a family to each other!

Tom Skilling
Snowfalls have topped 8" in the northern suburbs--and it's still snowing. 10-12" totals likely in a few harder hit locations there by morning. The Winter Weather Advisory's been upgraded to a winter storm warning there. O'Hare's 3.8" through 6PM is the city's heaviest of the season and it's already tied the 1935 record for the date--and that tally's to climb overnight. From south to north, the greater Chicago metro area's recorded 1.2" south to 8.2" northern suburbs and the storm's snowfall's not over. An additional 1-2" a good bet Wednesday. Some storm snow totals through 6pm: 8.2" Beach Park; 8" near Bull Valley in Mc Henry County, 7.4" Woodstock; 7.2"Lindenhurst; 7" Gurnee; 7.2"; 6.5" Antioch & Waukegan; 6" Schaumburg; 5" St. Charles; 4.5" Aurora and Spring Grove. Kankakee's checked in with just 1.6"; Peotone 2.1", Romeoville 1.5", South Loop 1.5" and Midway's at 1.9".

I know others have reported the snow has stopped....not here. Not at Grayslake.

One good thing about all this snow--all the neighbors helping each other. It has been so much fun--building snowman with each other--helping neighbors with little kids--giving them a break and taking their kids out to play in the snow--shoveling their driveways for them--doing raok and helping shovel each others driveways. It has been fun to see everyone being a family to each other!

This. :bliss::cartwheel:

Just told, maybe a couple of more inches of snow through tomorrow---

Never stopped here.

I was a good wifey and shoveled twice, including moving the cars, brushing them off, and moving the half-foot compacted snow in the road at our driveway so DH wouldn't get stuck at 4:30am.

Who knows what it'll look like out there at that time.

Well, NOW we are all home...picked up DS18 at work, it has started snowing again here in Mchenry. Went to get his car at school....he poor car was the only one there. A nice man named Rick helped us rock and roll out of there. I followed the way home...he had to do California stops all the way. Got stuck a little bit in the drive, but then made it up and in the garage. What was I thinking .....a "Camaro" :hb: well at least he got a quick lesson in driving in this.

AHH! I have only shoveled half of the driveway so far and I have 3 blisters! This stinks.

Back