What's new

What do we think: Joe Paterno

Yeah. There apparently was some sort of camp for "at-risk" boys held there. I think many single moms enrolled their boys in the program. Apparently this is how the guy accused "groomed", his victims.

not only was this program there, "the second mile" is a program sandusky founded

FOUNDED!!!!

this is one sick ****

I just dont' understand how Paterno could keep working with Sandusky AND the accuser who saw the abuse. How did those two continue to work together as they apparently did (correct me if I'm wrong?)

That is mind-boggling.

How can you look someone in the eye and continue to respect them as a co-worker or employee with such heinous allegations. Who ever talked to the boy's parents, etc. or the boy to see how he was?!?!!??!

What would Paterno have wanted done if it were his 10-year-old son, grandson, great-grandson?!?!

According to the grand jury indictment(which is a vile read), none of them even attempted to find out the boys identity.

not only was this program there, "the second mile" is a program sandusky founded

FOUNDED!!!!

this is one sick ****

:eek: Wow................so he spun the web himself............sick ****!

Follow the money. 6th Penn State $91,570,233 Big Ten Penn State made 91 Million + in 2007-2008. I would think some people kept quiet because the money the school makes off the football program. You shine this light and $ is going to be jeopardized.

Do I think they should all be fired, hell yes. This is beyond normal thinking and so wrong.

ok again--I do not know more then the little comcast blurb I read-- and I do not know jonhhysma's dh's whole story either--BUT it is hard sometimes to prove your innocence

There is no legitimate instance (outside a hospital etc) in which an adult unrelated male should be in a shower with a 10 year old child.

The person who saw the incident failed the child by not calling the police. From what I see, it was reported to Paterno, to whom it never occurred to ask Sandusky about it, he just passed up the pipeline, failing the child again. Higher management took no action, failing the child and those who came after him again.

I am especially disturbed at the musing that Paterno might have been embarrassed to ask Sandusky about the incident or at the very least investigate it internally, making the best determination possible, then calling the police if it was warranted. Instead, it was swept under the rug in the university bubble and this guy was allowed to continue abusing children for who knows how long.

Abusers count on people's lack of willingness to get involved to ply their trade. If something had been done, right then, to put the boots to Sandusky or at least talk to the kid or his parents, the guy's further crimes against children could have been averted.

Follow the money. 6th Penn State $91,570,233 Big Ten Penn State made 91 Million + in 2007-2008. I would think some people kept quiet because the money the school makes off the football program. You shine this light and $ is going to be jeopardized.

Do I think they should all be fired, hell yes. This is beyond normal thinking and so wrong.

Ok well following that logic, then when Joe reported it to whomever (I forget), he might have been told to keep quiet. :9:

:eek: Wow................so he spun the web himself............sick ****!

Pedophiles will routinely volunteer for or start organizations for "at-risk" kids. Kids who don't have a stable family support system, kids who are very vulnerable. This is how they find their victims and they are very good at it. They know how to spot the ones they can take advantage of and they groom them for it.

Pedophiles will routinely volunteer for or start organizations for "at-risk" kids. Kids who don't have a stable family support system, kids who are very vulnerable. This is how they find their victims and they are very good at it. They know how to spot the ones they can take advantage of and they groom them for it.

Okay............not letting DS hang out at the Boys & Girls club anymore. :tmi:

There is no legitimate instance (outside a hospital etc) in which an adult unrelated male should be in a shower with a 10 year old child.

The person who saw the incident failed the child by not calling the police. From what I see, it was reported to Paterno, to whom it never occurred to ask Sandusky about it, he just passed up the pipeline, failing the child again. Higher management took no action, failing the child and those who came after him again.

I am especially disturbed at the musing that Paterno might have been embarrassed to ask Sandusky about the incident or at the very least investigate it internally, making the best determination possible, then calling the police if it was warranted. Instead, it was swept under the rug in the university bubble and this guy was allowed to continue abusing children for who knows how long.

Abusers count on people's lack of willingness to get involved to ply their trade. If something had been done, right then, to put the boots to Sandusky or at least talk to the kid or his parents, the guy's further crimes against children could have been averted.

The university took "action" by banning him from bringing kids onto the grounds. An action that they admitted to the grand jury was "unenforceable".

The university took "action" by banning him from bringing kids onto the grounds. An action that they admitted to the grand jury was "unenforceable".

Ok so the university knew. Please splain to me again why Joe is being fired? :dunce:

I have a question completely unrelated to the sex scandal, but having to do with the money made from football. Where does it go? I know the kids aren't allowed any monitary gifts or salaries, so where does it go?

I am especially disturbed at the musing that Paterno might have been embarrassed to ask Sandusky about the incident or at the very least investigate it internally.

i dont think embarrassed so much as in denial

anything other than denial would mean paterno was a complete sham and failure regarding everything he touted

Okay............not letting DS hang out at the Boys & Girls club anymore. :tmi:

Okay, you don't have to go that far. Your kids are not the ones they will try to lure. you are too involved with them. You pay attention and if some dude from the B&G club started taking him to games, buying him stuff and asking him to sleep over you would be suspicious.

I have a question completely unrelated to the sex scandal, but having to do with the money made from football. Where does it go? I know the kids aren't allowed any monitary gifts or salaries, so where does it go?

To the school........programs, expantions, etc. That money is used to support all the other sports that don't make any money (like the girls' sports lol).

well the standard answer would be...scholarships, program development, campus improvement, philanthropic pursuits

and all of that is true. but there are some hefty paychecks that get paid at this level, too.

Tazz, I don't know but would like to.

Ok so the university knew. Please splain to me again why Joe is being fired? :dunce:

They are all being fired because they all screwed up. The grad student reported it to Joe, Joe never even tried to investigate his second in command. He just tossed it up the chain. His negligence allowed other kids to be victimized. The entire chain needs to be cleared out.

Okay, you don't have to go that far. Your kids are not the ones they will try to lure. you are too involved with them. You pay attention and if some dude from the B&G club started taking him to games, buying him stuff and asking him to sleep over you would be suspicious.

Suspicious?! That's funny cause that would never happen. **** some weird mentally challenged dude in my hood gave my DS some candy. I took it back to him and 'splained how he better NEVER speak to my son again!!! :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Back